FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Flint on 800 Mhz but maintains own 911 call center!?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Can someone explain how city still maintains their own 911 call center?
------------------------
Kristin Longley | klongley1@mlive.com
You mentioned the city and county can consolidate 911 operations. What are other consolidation/cooperation/shared service opportunities?

Mayor Dayne Walling
There is an updated shared service report on the City's website. My opinion is that the next best options are sharing road repairs with the county road commission (which has its facility in the City, near the International Academy) and also purchasing. All of these would require approval from the City and County entities.

Phillip LaBarge
I thought the (sic) did this month ago when they switched to a differnt (sic) band months ago.

Mayor Dayne Walling
City is now on 800 Mhz so we have interoperability but we maintain our own 911 call center.
---
Source:
Flint's State of the City: Join us for a post-speech live chat today at noon with Mayor Dayne Walling (Excerpt from interview with Dayne Walling on Feb. 19, 2013):
http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2013/02/flints_state_of_the_city_join.html
Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:20 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

From Page 4 of the Flint Public Safety Plan which can be found on the official Flint City site.

9-1-1 Reconsolidation

The City continues to operate its own 9-1-1 system, separate from the Genesee County 9-1-1 Consortium. Flint’s 9-1-1 Center is responsible for all dispatching functions for the Flint Police and Fire Departments and is typically the first pointof contact for citizens when they are in need of police or fire services.

At one time Flint was part of the 9-1-1 Consortium. The City split from that
system in the early 1990s. The Governor’s Public Safety Plan has made it very clear that financial assistance from the State will be tied to increased collaborative efforts in delivering public safety to Michigan’s communities. His Economic Vitality Incentive Program (EVIP) promotes service consolidation and innovation among communities. Flint plans to utilize the capabilities of the EVIP program to assist in the reintegration of the two 9-1-1 systems in the near future.
Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:40 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

The near future being sometime in this century?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:55 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: