FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Malloy: LaPierre is like a circus clown

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Dan Malloy: Wayne LaPierre 'Reminds Me Of The Clowns At The Circus'

The Huffington Post | By Alana Horowitz Posted: 04/07/2013 10:02 am EDT | Updated: 04/07/2013 4:13 pm EDT

Connecticut Governor Dannell Malloy appeared on CNN's 'State Of The Union' on Sunday to discuss, among other things, NRA President Wayne LaPierre. He didn't exactly praise the pro-gun lobbyist.

"Wayne reminds me of the clowns at the circus. They get the most attention and that's what he's paid to do," Malloy said. "This guy is so out of whack, it’s unbelievable. 92% of the American people want universal background checks. I can’t get on a plane as the governor of the state of Connecticut without somebody running a background check on me. Why should you be able to buy a gun?"

The governor was responding to criticism from LaPierre over his state's new gun control law.

He also hit back against fears that gun manufactures might flee the state.

“We’ve decided that public safety trumps all of that,” he told host Candy Crowley. “I hope they stay and manufacture products that can legally be sold. But if they leave, that will be a decision they make. We’re not making them leave.”

Malloy this week signed into law the nation's toughest restrictions on guns, less than 4 months after the tragic shooting in Newtown took place.
Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:19 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

So, "public safety" is when only the bad guys have guns?. A total ban on the private ownership of guns will only have ONE effect; the street price will go up. Or maybe the government fears an armed citizenry.

When seconds count, the Flint police are hours, or days, away.

By the way, why is it in Flint that shots fired into an occupied home is considered malicious destruction of property instead of what it is; attempted murder?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:59 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Your forgetting that the elite libs will always be allowed armed protection and carry permits. One of my favorites is Don imus who constantly slams the NRA yet has a carry permit in NY.

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:17 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Add Jim Carrey, Piers Morgan and Michael Feedmemoore, among others, to that list. Guns for me, but not for thee.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:11 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: