FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Woodrow Stanley & Wright coffee meeting on Monday

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

State Rep. Woodrow Stanley hosts coffee hours
Print Dana DeFever | ddefever@mlive.com By Dana DeFever | ddefever@mlive.com The Flint Journal
on April 12, 2013 at 11:45 AM

FLINT, MI – State Rep. Woodrow Stanley, D-Flint, will hold coffee hours on Monday.

As part of this coffee hour, Stanley will have information available regarding the emergency manager and water pipeline, according to a news release.

Genesee County Drain Commissioner Jeff Wright also will be available to discuss the water pipeline.

Coffee hours will take place from 9 to 11 a.m. April 15 at Golden Gate Restaurant, 3105 Flushing Road in Flint.
Post Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:57 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I have attended some o these meetings and fid them to be informative.
This will give you the chance to talk to both Stanley and Jeff Wright about the water proposals.
Post Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:45 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

**Legislative Update**

I am working hard in Lansing to pass laws that will benefit my constituents.

In January, I introduced House Bill 4103 which would establish early voting in Michigan. Voting is a civil right, and as a legislator, it is my job to ensure every eligible voter has a chance to cast their ballot.

I also recently proposed HB 4511, legislation that would make it illegal for insurance companies to use credit checks as a means of establishing insurance premiums. The insurance industry claims to have solid research that correlates credit scores with the likelihood of accidents. However, I do not believe this to be true.

This supposed research doesn’t seem fair or natural. The insurance industry's claim is unbelievable, unfair and unreasonable. The people of Michigan deserve better, and my bill will help protect Michiganders.

Another bill I introduced, HB 4513, would require public housing to give mobility-impaired people first choice on ground-floor apartments when leasing.

It is important that we protect people who can't always speak for themselves. We need to protect our elderly, disabled and mobility-impaired Michiganders. These bills do exactly that, and in a bipartisan manner.

**Pay Equity Day**

On Tuesday, April 9, I announced my support for bills that would create pay equity in Michigan. Full-time working women in the state make 74 percent as much as their male counterparts, even less than the nationwide gap of 77 percent.

April 9 is recognized as Pay Equity Day because it is the calendar date by which women catch up to their male counterparts in earnings from the previous year. Women's groups around the nation use the occasion to highlight the issue of income inequality. Michigan House Democrats are marking the day by introducing a package of bills to bring pay equity to our state. The package includes legislation to:

• Prohibit an employer from failing to provide equal compensation for work of comparable value for several reasons, including sex

• Create penalties for employers who pay different wages to men and women who are "similarly situated" – employees with similar qualifications, experience, etc.

• Create a state commission on pay equity

• Require an employer to provide, at an employee's request, wage information for "similarly situated employees"

Women make up half of the U.S. labor force. In order to grow our economy at the national, state and local levels, we need women participating on an even playing field. Equal pay for equal work is not only morally right, but it makes good business sense.
Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:48 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

**Legislative Update**

I am working hard in Lansing to pass laws that will benefit my constituents.

In January, I introduced House Bill 4103 which would establish early voting in Michigan. Voting is a civil right, and as a legislator, it is my job to ensure every eligible voter has a chance to cast their ballot.

I also recently proposed HB 4511, legislation that would make it illegal for insurance companies to use credit checks as a means of establishing insurance premiums. The insurance industry claims to have solid research that correlates credit scores with the likelihood of accidents. However, I do not believe this to be true.

This supposed research doesn’t seem fair or natural. The insurance industry's claim is unbelievable, unfair and unreasonable. The people of Michigan deserve better, and my bill will help protect Michiganders.

Another bill I introduced, HB 4513, would require public housing to give mobility-impaired people first choice on ground-floor apartments when leasing.

It is important that we protect people who can't always speak for themselves. We need to protect our elderly, disabled and mobility-impaired Michiganders. These bills do exactly that, and in a bipartisan manner.

**Pay Equity Day**

On Tuesday, April 9, I announced my support for bills that would create pay equity in Michigan. Full-time working women in the state make 74 percent as much as their male counterparts, even less than the nationwide gap of 77 percent.

April 9 is recognized as Pay Equity Day because it is the calendar date by which women catch up to their male counterparts in earnings from the previous year. Women's groups around the nation use the occasion to highlight the issue of income inequality. Michigan House Democrats are marking the day by introducing a package of bills to bring pay equity to our state. The package includes legislation to:

• Prohibit an employer from failing to provide equal compensation for work of comparable value for several reasons, including sex

• Create penalties for employers who pay different wages to men and women who are "similarly situated" – employees with similar qualifications, experience, etc.

• Create a state commission on pay equity

• Require an employer to provide, at an employee's request, wage information for "similarly situated employees"

Women make up half of the U.S. labor force. In order to grow our economy at the national, state and local levels, we need women participating on an even playing field. Equal pay for equal work is not only morally right, but it makes good business sense.
Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:48 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: