FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Flint Police cover up?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I am informed this is a Flint Police Lt. and the department is attempting to cover the cases up.

RICHFIELD TWP , VS Defendant: TIDBALL , JENNIFER LEIGH
Attorney: P49732 GILDNER , MICHAEL J Attorney: P34597 YIANNATJI ,FRANK L

Judge/Magistrate: JOHN L CONOVER
Circuit Judge: JUDGE UNKNOWN

ORDINANCE TRAFFIC Page 01 of 03

Case Register of Actions
04/19/2013 COMPLAINT SWORN - WARRANT AUTHORIZED
04/19/2013 ORIGINATING AGENCY MI2586900
04/19/2013 SECRETARY/COURT RECORDER KATRINA JENNINGS CEO 8209
04/19/2013 DATE OF OFFENSE 04-03-2013
04/19/2013 PLACE OF OCCURRENCE RICHFIELD TWP
04/19/2013 COMPLAINT NUMBER 13-229
04/19/2013 CT I OPERATING WHILE INTOX CT I OPERATE WHL INTOX

04/19/2013 136.625
04/19/2013 INVESTIGATING OFFICER-DEPT ILLIG/VASICEK, RICHFIELD TWP
Post Mon May 06, 2013 5:49 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

RICHFIELD TWP , VS Defendant: TIDBALL , JENNIFER LEIGH

ORDINANCE TRAFFIC Page 01 of 03

Case Register of Actions
04/19/2013 COMPLAINT SWORN - WARRANT AUTHORIZED
04/19/2013 ORIGINATING AGENCY MI2586900
04/19/2013 SECRETARY/COURT RECORDER KATRINA JENNINGS CEO 8209
04/19/2013 DATE OF OFFENSE 04-03-2013
04/19/2013 PLACE OF OCCURRENCE RICHFIELD TWP
04/19/2013 COMPLAINT NUMBER 13-229
04/19/2013 CT I LEAVE SCENE OF PDA CT I FAIL STOP @ PDA
04/19/2013 136.618
04/19/2013 INVESTIGATING OFFICER-DEPT ILLIG/VASICEK, RICHFIELD TWP
Post Mon May 06, 2013 5:51 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
I am informed this is a Flint Police Lt. and the department is attempting to cover the cases up.
How can it be "covered up" when it is presently a matter of public record. If you read the full register of actions both charges were the result of the same incident, and a pretrial is scheduled for May 16th.
Post Mon May 06, 2013 9:38 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The Flint Police are keeping it under wraps within the department. Cases can go to court and they never receive any media attention while other political and public figures receive a lot.
Post Tue May 07, 2013 8:51 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
The Flint Police are keeping it under wraps within the department.
Wise to do so, this person has not been convicted. How would feel in her position, knowing you're being duscussed in a public forum before being convicted of anything? How might a conviction affect the officer's position as an employee of the City of Flint? Do you know this person and have a personal grudge?
Post Tue May 07, 2013 6:38 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

No but other individuals in her position have had their stories go public. Remember David Dicks and others. M-live had a person make reference to her.
Post Tue May 07, 2013 6:41 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
No but other individuals in her position have had their stories go public. Remember David Dicks and others. M-live had a person make reference to her.
A clear difference is that on October 14, 2009 David Dicks, Flint's former interim police chief, pleaded guilty to one of 13 fraud-related charges against him in U.S. District Court.

Lt. Tidball was among the list of local law enforcement officers recognized last year for their work in apprehending convicted killer Elias Abuelazam.

The Mlive reference you mention must have been in the comments because I didn't find any other story there. Unfortunately, it does look like WNEM reported on her arrest.
Post Tue May 07, 2013 9:34 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Flint police officer arrested for driving while drunk

by Walter Smith-Randolph

Posted: 05.06.2013 at 6:46 PM

FLINT -- A Flint police officer is in hot water after she was arrested for driving while drunk.

Richfield Township police arrested officer Jennifer Leigh Golden-Tidball for operating under the influence and failing to report an accident.

It happened around 2 o'clock in the morning on April 3rd.

Flint police chief Alvern Lock says an internal investigation is underway.

Officer Golden-Tidball received an officer of the year award Monday.
Post Wed May 08, 2013 2:44 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Spoke to Mike Kilbreath today. He has a show on 600 am at 10:00 am (1-866-992-2275). He was the first to break this story.

He got the same tip only with more details. Note the Journal said the incident occurred April 3 but the warrant was not authorized until April 19th. The informant of Mike's alleged the delay was due to her intimate relationship with a high ranking individual in the current Flint administration. Mike felt the Richfield Township Police stonewalled him when he tried to get the information on the case.

According to information received, Tidball never spent any time in jail after her arrest.
Post Mon May 13, 2013 6:22 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
Note the Journal said the incident occurred April 3 but the warrant was not authorized until April 19th. The informant of Mike's alleged the delay was due to her intimate relationship with a high ranking individual in the current Flint administration. Mike felt the Richfield Township Police stonewalled him when he tried to get the information on the case.

According to information received, Tidball never spent any time in jail after her arrest.
You yourself printed previously a portion of the Register of Actions with the same dates. There's nothing unusual there. You and Mike both should talk to a good criminal defense attorney and have him or her explain procedures to you. It takes time to process paperwork and get lab test results. FYI there are incidents 3 months old where paperwork hasn't been turned in to the court yet, and defendant is just waiting to be arraigned.
Post Mon May 13, 2013 9:59 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Most drunk drivers go to jail.
Post Tue May 14, 2013 12:45 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Sure they do. Ask a local defense attorney what the procedure is from the time of initial arrest, PBT, Breathalyzer, warrant for blood draw, where is blood drawn and submitted for lab test, where is the lab, how long does it take to get results back and submit that info to prosecutor to request a warrant for arrest, how is defendant is notified when the warrant is ready for them to turn themselves in for arraignment, bond, setting pretrial, what if defendant doesn't appear for arraignment when they're given a date, what happens if defendant is given a ticket with a date to appear but the court doesn't have the paperwork yet, etc. Also, inquire about how the different police agencies, courts and judges may handle these matters. They're not all the same.

You and your cohort are making a lot of noise where it's not justified.
Post Tue May 14, 2013 7:34 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

no public comment. Attorney approached bench. Judge could be overheard saying "Who is she?" Then the attorney picked up papers and left.

Judge was still in arraignments and had stated earlier he would do pre-trials after. Not so.

Plantiff: RICHFIELD TWP , VS Defendant: TIDBALL , JENNIFER LEIGH

ORDINANCE TRAFFIC Page 03 of 03

Case Register of Actions
05/03/2013 PRE-TRIAL O 05-16-2013 08:30 LV SC PDA
05/03/2013 VICTIM NOTICE SENT
05/03/2013 CASE SENT CENTRAL PRE-TRIAL -
05/06/2013 CASE REC'D AT CENTRAL CT.
[b][b]05/16/2013 PRE-TRIAL 06 18 2013 01:00 FL TO STOP [/b][/b]
Post Thu May 16, 2013 7:48 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Flint police lieutenant pleads guilty to failing to report car crash after drinking

Gary Ridley | gridley@mlive.com By Gary Ridley | gridley@mlive.com

on July 01, 2013 at 6:00 PM

RICHFIELD TOWNSHIP, MI -- A Flint police lieutenant has pleaded guilty to her role in an early-morning April car crash in Richfield Township.

Jennifer Leigh Tidball, 37, pleaded guilty Thursday, June 27, to one count of failing to report a property accident after she crashed her Dodge Charger into a guard rail after police said she admitted drinking at a Davison bar.

Tidball and her attorney, Frank Yiannatji, could not be reached for comment on the plea.

Genesee District Judge John L. Conover sentenced Tidball to pay $450. Court records show the fine has been paid.

Tidball was charged with operating while intoxicated and failing to stop at a property damage accident but was able to plea to the lesser charge through an agreement with the township attorney’s office.

Flint police Chief Alvern Lock declined to comment on the plea agreement or if his department took any disciplinary action against Tidball for the incident. Lock said he cannot comment on personnel matters.

Tidball was arrested following an investigation by Richfield Township police officers after crashing into the guard rail around 1:30 a.m. at State and Potter roads.

A Davison police officer was flagged down about the crash by an off-duty Davison firefighter who was at a nearby cemetery visiting his mother’s grave, according to court records.

The firefighter told the police officer that he heard the vehicle crash into the guard rail and attempted to follow the vehicle but was unable to because the vehicle fled at excessive speeds.

Davison police contacted Richfield Township officers who observed damage to the guard rail and the front bumper and other smaller pieces of a dark-blue vehicle at the scene of the crash, according to court records. Officers followed an oil trail from the damaged vehicle but were unable to locate the car.

Richfield Township police contacted a Chrysler dealership and were able to identify that the damaged car parts belonged to a Dodge Charger.

A Richfield Township officer, who noted that he spotted a blue Charger in front of Madden’s Lounge in Davison the night of the crash, asked the bar owner to review security footage from the night of the crash in an attempt to identify the driver, according to court records.

The bar owner was able to identify the driver as a white female. Richfield Township officers interviewed the bartenders from the night of the crash and reviewed credit card receipts to connect Tidball to the crash.

Officers questioned Tidball April 5 about the incident at the Flint Police Department. Tidball admitted to drinking three mixed drinks at the bar before driving home and crashing into the guard rail, according to court records.

“Jennifer said she was going too fast when she went to turn the corner and she slid into the guard rail,” according to a report submitted by the officers.

Tidball was honored nearly a year ago for her work in helping authorities capture suspected serial stabber and convicted killer Elias Abuelazam. Tidball, who was a sergeant at the time of the investigation, was credited as being one of the first law enforcement officers to recognize a pattern in the crimes.
Post Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:52 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

JENNIFER LEIGH TIDBALL Ticket Number: 1228982A
2154 HERMITAGE DR Court: DAVISON
DAVISON, MI 484232019 Enforcement Agency: Richfield Twp
Date Issued: 04/03/2013 Time 02:12 AM
Violation:
OPERATING WHILE INTOXICATED

Disposition: DISMISSED Disposition Date: 06/27/2013
Vehicle Information:
Vehicle year: 2010