FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: media bias?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

About a week ago I drove past WJRT tv 12 and saw three individuals picketing with signs stating the station used media bias. It took a lot of courage to protest with such a small group. But at least they had the courage to complain. I have known politicians who went to WJRT administrators to complain about unfair media coverage. But so many of us just complain to one another and fail to act.

It upsets me when I watch he media cover everything that happens north of Flint and they ignore the violence in Flint. I am tired of the cheesy grins and feel good stories when I know that people were shot or stabbed in my community.

The question is-who has the power to suppress the Flint media?
Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:31 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The media even ignores some good stories. Must be the people involved. Bryant Nolden and others sponsored a back to school rally at Carpenter Road School. This school is in close proximity to a neighborhood often plagued with violence.

School supplies were given away and there were bounce houses and other activities for the kids. I was surprised by the police presence as I reviewed the 49 plus photos Nolden posted on facebook. He had 4 State Police, including Flint's top guy Bolger. Even Chief Lock and some Flint Police were on hand to interact with the kids.

The one thing missing was the media. Lori Dougovito courageously kept filming at a murder scene at the River Park Apartments as shots rang out nearby. But they must have been afraid to handle violence free event in that area.

Who knows, maybe Kildee or Walling were holding an event at the same time.
Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:44 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: