FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Flint library possibly expanding?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam

I'm not sure I understand the reason for this expansion but anyways.

http://www.mlive.com/news/fljournal/index.ssf?/base/news-37/1152807672229640.xml&coll=5

FLINT Web site seeks comments about library renovation

Thursday, July 13, 2006
The Flint Public Library has launched a new Web page for the public to learn about and comment on a possible library renovation.

The Web page, www.fpl.info/renovation/, includes a question and answer section and model photos of two possible designs - an oval-shaped building and triangular-shaped structure - created by David Milling & Associates/Architects in Ann Arbor.

Both designs would use the existing E. Kearsley Street building and add a third floor. The designs would expand the library from about 91,000 square feet to as much as 130,000 square feet.

Costs have not been determined for either plan, and the Flint Public Library Board of Trustees hasn't decided how the updates would be paid for.
Post Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:26 pm 
rapunzel

The citizens passed a millage for the Flint Public Library FOREVER!

Now this may just cover operations not improvements to the building.

I believe on my summer taxes this amounts to almost 50. bucks.

The College Cultural Center has gotten private donations for improvements to Flint Institute of Arts. not sure how renovations to FIM was paid for. Think Mott Foundations have matched some funds.

There are 5 millages on the August ballot. Some are renewals.

I will support NO millages until our schools are updated! Now we already have taxes for school operation but that does not cover school modernization. (Now, the school funds need to be used more wisely). QZAB (fed) funds for school modernization barely cover roofs or furnaces that should have been replaced YEARS ago. QZAB funds went into Sobey then the darn building was sold for $1. Prop A that changed school funding sources was to be revisited to cover maintenence of buildings.

Our children are in delapitated buildings with many health hazards.

I could give a rats behind about improving any buildings until the priority of children's environments is addressed. I am sure the parks and library are utilized by children but they do not spend 7 hours per day for 180 days per year in them!
Post Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:08 am 

I hope they do expand. Thats a JEWEL for flint. Needs updated and expasion badly.
Post Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:35 pm 
Kim

The current library sucks, we need more space, and a better space.
Post Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:06 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: