FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: From Dayne Walling
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Jason

Opinion: I was disturbed by the news that Manning Street may be replaced with a parking lot
By Dayne Walling

I was disturbed by the news that Manning Street may be removed and replaced with a parking lot. This street has been dear to me since I participated in an Operation Brush Up on the Saturday after my high school prom in 1992. It was amazing to see these hidden treasures and they should be preserved in their rightful place.

As a youngster, my visits to the Flint Institute of Music started at the doors facing Kearsley Street, as I walked over from Walker Elementary School.

While the vast majority of today’s visitors to the Cultural Center are not walking in but rather driving up, it seems to me that the entire neighborhood and campus could be more connected. Fences and parking lots may make for better neighbors in some places, but a central city community place is not one of them. By preserving Manning Street, we will show that we are ready to embrace distinctiveness, tolerate diversity, and learn again the lessons that history has to teach.

These are the decisive factors of successful revitalization and the hallmarks of real community.

Dayne Walling, Kensington Avenue
Post Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:20 pm 
GregoryJVanucci
F L I N T O I D

Anyone interested should visit www.eastvillagemagazine.org to read about the Manning Street Houses to be demolished or the Flint Historic District Commission.

The website has photos of some of the Manning Street houses, the city's historic district ordinance, as well as other related stories, opinion pieces and a brief history of the historic district.

Please, send your letters by e-mail to eastvillagemagazine@excite.com, as letters to the editor are encouraged.

The stories speak for themselves. Additional stories are not planned, but are probably inevitable.

P.S., I don't regularly come to this site, as I do not have the internet at home or work. Please, forgive any slowness in responding to you if you attempt to contact me other than through the above mentioned e-mail address.

Post Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:48 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Pissed off Historian

Why didn't Big Dayne Wallin and Da Flint Club PAC, come to the meeting to speak out?
Post Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:23 am 
Jamie

Truth is Dayne Walling has no balls, he is scared to speak out and stand up on big issues like this. He will never make it as mayor, nor should he.
Post Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:14 pm 
CourtStreetGuy

Dayne is too busy cultivating the elites who support the Cultural Center and the FIM to take them on. He needs them to fund his political ambitions.
Post Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:41 pm 
Jennifer

Danye does care!!!
he cares about himself
Post Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:58 pm 
Bill Stewart

Dayne is an elitist. He thinks that becasue of his education he is better than everyone else.

Being smart do not entitle anyone to anything they want. We need a hard working, intelligent individual who has lived in the area for more than six months in the last 10 years.
Post Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:41 pm 
drmikevsvc
F L I N T O I D

So, can somebody please explain to me what an "elite" or "elitist" is? I'm not sure I really get it. I'm a tax paying citizen that lives in Flint and just so happens to be in the highest tax bracket? Does that automatically make me an "elitist?" Therefore, by nature of my income, I’m “evil” in your eyes? Can you please define what an “elitist” is, since you choose to use this terminology?
Post Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:18 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
drmikevsvc schreef:
So, can somebody please explain to me what an "elite" or "elitist" is? I'm not sure I really get it. I'm a tax paying citizen that lives in Flint and just so happens to be in the highest tax bracket? Does that automatically make me an "elitist?" Therefore, by nature of my income, I’m “evil” in your eyes? Can you please define what an “elitist” is, since you choose to use this terminology?

Hi Dr Mike, while I can't say if you are in fact an elitist or not, I must admit, I've read there has been a high correlation between elitists and income.

Not all high income people are elitists, BUT all elitists are [or were] in fact high income [or come from high income families ]. The exception that proves the rule, is where a descendent from say a very wealthy family, like the Vanderbilts, may in fact blow his/her fortune, usually on drugs, and thus lose the high income, but they are still elitists.

What defines an "elitist"? Simple enough.

Through generations of careful genetic manipulation, these scions of society have carefully bred progeny that look remarkabley like you and me...except for one small but definitive difference.....

see their waste lacks certain volatile organic compounds that causes yours and my poop to stink.

Thats right.

Their shit doesn't stink.

No hydrogen sulfide gases, no sulphur- or nitrogen- rich compounds like indole, skatole, mercaptans et al.

now aren't you glad you asked? Wink bs

happy holidays,

Post Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:42 pm 
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

Please, stop cracking me up. My stomach hurts. Elitist? Hahahahaha

Elitists do not go to Central High School. Haha. That is funny.

I'd wager most of Dayne's "critics" are just jealous and have not even met him. A more likable guy -- who's passion for Flint is UNPARALLELED -- you will not find.

The voters want someone who's qualified, has demonstrated the ability to do the job, and who is not prone to corruption. This is Dayne to a "T."

Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert would have a field day with you armchair critics who can't even spell correctly!

"Uh, uh, Daryne Wasling is an elitist! I don't knew wha that is buyht I thinks he is.Hes went to MiSU thats snobbb scool."

Hahahaha. Please, keep it coming, I need the entertainment.
Post Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:03 pm 
DELETED

DELETED

Post Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:06 pm 

quote:
Biggie9 schreef:
quote:
drmikevsvc schreef:

Hi Dr Mike, while I can't say if you are in fact an elitist or not, I must admit, I've read there has been a high correlation between elitists and income.

Not all high income people are elitists, BUT all elitists are [or were] in fact high income [or come from high income families ]. The exception that proves the rule, is where a descendent from say a very wealthy family, like the Vanderbilts, may in fact blow his/her fortune, usually on drugs, and thus lose the high income, but they are still elitists.

What defines an "elitist"? Simple enough.

Through generations of careful genetic manipulation, these scions of society have carefully bred progeny that look remarkabley like you and me...except for one small but definitive difference.....

see their waste lacks certain volatile organic compounds that causes yours and my poop to stink.

Thats right.

Their shit doesn't stink.

No hydrogen sulfide gases, no sulphur- or nitrogen- rich compounds like indole, skatole, mercaptans et al.

now aren't you glad you asked? Wink bs

happy holidays,

Biggie: THANK YOU. Finally, after all these years, I get it. You're response/explanation made my day, because, now, I can hold my head up high knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt, that because my feces has no olfactory repugnancy, that I am in fact AN ELITIST!

I say, to all the people with stinky poo-poo: "let them eat cake!"

Smile
Post Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:03 am 
DELETED

DELETED

Post Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:42 pm 
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

Dayne doesn't visit Flint Talk but I'll be happy to pass on your request to him. I'm sure when the mayoral field opens up and the media have their go at the candidates, you'll be one of the stops.

Go Laundry Room!
Post Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:55 pm 
CourtStreetGuy

Dayne doesn't visit Flint Talk?! Very interesting that he wants to be Mayor of Flint but doesn't visit Flint Talk. Sounds like an elitist to me.
Post Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:36 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: