FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: The Flint Historic District Commission voted 4-3
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Rcplamba

The Flint Historic District Commission voted 4-3 to grant a demolition request after hearing comments from dozens of speakers in an emotion-charged hearing before about 75 people Thursday night at Flint City Hall.

http://www.mlive.com/news/fljournal/index.ssf?/base/news-40/116256552257380.xml&coll=5
Post Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:15 pm 
Phil

75 people? I went to the meeting and I was the 119 person to sign into the meeting. The place was packed, and sad to say those people voted to tear them down.

Steve Heddy, Dale Suomela,Mildred Smith and Jim " I am puppet for the Mayor Don" Rutherford all voted with out questioning or without caring to tear them down.

These people voted to tear them down, they all had private meetings with the cultural center. These people are profit from the cultural center, Steve Heddy paints the rich peoples houses, businesses etc.

The crowd boo'd the commissioners after the vote, Mary Ann Treamine came up to the commissioners who voted to tear them down in tears, and slamed her hand down, and said loudly " SHAME ON YOU PEOPLE, SHAME ON YOU!"
Post Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:12 pm 
Dave

quote:
Rcplamba schreef:
The Flint Historic District Commission voted 4-3 to grant a demolition request after hearing comments from dozens of speakers in an emotion-charged hearing before about 75 people Thursday night at Flint City Hall.

http://www.mlive.com/news/fljournal/index.ssf?/base/news-40/116256552257380.xml&coll=5

These people were just appointed to the commission by the Mayor Williamson to tear these houses down.
Post Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:13 pm 
lunchlady

Unfortunately money talks. An historic district commission and a cultural organization approving demolition of beautiful historical houses is WRONG. I feel like we have already lost enough of our physical history here. We are being cheated. Tearing these houses down for an ugly parking lot is unforgivable.
Post Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:39 pm 
lunchlady

Unfortunately money talks. An historic district commission and a cultural organization approving demolition of beautiful historical houses is WRONG. I feel like we have already lost enough of our physical history here. We are being cheated. Tearing these houses down for an ugly parking lot is unforgivable. There is no "undo" once it is done.
Post Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:41 pm 
Big guy in Flint

Good Job Ryan for sticking up to those a holes!!
We should BOYCOTT THE CULTURAL CENTER
Post Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:27 pm 
Dave

Steve Heddy is a nice guy, but a COWARD!
Post Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:10 pm 
Leanne

After a long introspective weekend (sigh)... I've decided NOT to let the "inmates run the asylum"... I will not resign from the City of Flint Historic District Commission, assumed by my fellow (demolition voting, hypocritical) HDC Commissioner. Venting my disgust last Thursday night is only the beginning...

This should be a wake-up call to everyone who actually cares about Flint! The Historic District Commission has a majority that CAN NOT be trusted to live up to their "word" to protect and preserve our tangible history!!!

Please join us every first Thursday of the month at Flint City Hall, 3rd floor at 5:30 p.m. and help support the minority that is left holding the heavy burden of protecting what little historical architecture and Flint culture we have left...

What kind of "cultural center" does not embrace an historic district in the center of their campus?! One I have no interest in supporting! How much more do we have to lose in the name of parking? Pedestrian friendly/walk-able cities not only is good for the health, but also is a proven crime prevention tactic.... Hmmmm, I guess FCCC doesn't have a problem with Flint's #3 rating....

Thank you...[/b]
Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:47 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Leanne schreef:
After a long introspective weekend (sigh)... I've decided NOT to let the "inmates run the asylum"... I will not resign from the City of Flint Historic District Commission, assumed by my fellow (demolition voting, hypocritical) HDC Commissioner. Venting my disgust last Thursday night is only the beginning...

This should be a wake-up call to everyone who actually cares about Flint! The Historic District Commission has a majority that CAN NOT be trusted to live up to their "word" to protect and preserve our tangible history!!!

Please join us every first Thursday of the month at Flint City Hall, 3rd floor at 5:30 p.m. and help support the minority that is left holding the heavy burden of protecting what little historical architecture and Flint culture we have left...

What kind of "cultural center" does not embrace an historic district in the center of their campus?! One I have no interest in supporting! How much more do we have to lose in the name of parking? Pedestrian friendly/walk-able cities not only is good for the health, but also is a proven crime prevention tactic.... Hmmmm, I guess FCCC doesn't have a problem with Flint's #3 rating....

Thank you...[/b]

Now That's my fellow commissioner Leanne Barkus! I agree, it was a very tough meeting, but we have to follow the law. I can sleep at night knowing I followed the laws and ordnances in place. I toke an oath to support and uphold the Flint Historic District Ordnance.

Thanks for all you do Leanne! And remember

"Tough Times Don't Last, But Tough People Do"
Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:50 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Apparantly, the three that voted against tearing down the homes still believe they are better than the other members on the commission. The other members votes do count, you know. Remember, each vote is created equal. If you are going to whine each time you don't get your way, then step down.

You lost this time. Get over it! Move on to the next issue.
Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:28 pm 
Kris

Leane and ryan and the other lady are cry babies. Its over, move on with your life.. Or wait, get a life.
Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:31 pm 
lunchlady
F L I N T O I D

Those four sold out! They did not do their job. It makes me sick to my stomach to think there is nothing we can do. We have lost enough already.

Oh that parking lot is going to be just lovely! I mean parking lots add so much character and charm to an area.
A little walk is GOOD for those students.
Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:29 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Its not that anyone is a cry baby, but rather deeply saddened by more lost historical buildings. Many communities build upon there past, and history. People like to see older homes and buildings, but here in Flint Michigan we could careless obviously.

Just what Flint needs is a parking lot!!!
Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:36 pm 
Don

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:
Its not that anyone is a cry baby, but rather deeply saddened by more lost historical buildings. Many communities build upon there past, and history. People like to see older homes and buildings, but here in Flint Michigan we could careless obviously.

Just what Flint needs is a parking lot!!!

You guys are losers! Ryan you are pathetical little loser. You are like cat shit on a new floor. Seriously Ryan, nobody likes you, and I think you should move to TEXAS!
Post Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:06 pm 
lunchlady
F L I N T O I D

I thought this was the nice forum. Geez Don, play nice.
Post Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:51 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: