FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Fred Phelps is coming to Flint. BLOCK HIM FROM THE FUNERAL
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

Please meet and help shutdown Fred Phelps down at the funeral for Army Sgt. Thomas G. Wright - 1:15 p.m. Thur., May 24 - at Central Church of the Nazarene, 1261 West Bristol Rd.

While it is hard to restrain yourself, please do not physically attack or harm him. Law enforcement officials are usually there to protect him.

Just drown him out and block him so the family of Sgt. Wright cannot hear or see him. Bring large bed sheets, air horns, boom boxes playing music, anything you can to keep him from being seen and heard by the funeral service.

This is my special request from the people of Flint.
Post Wed May 23, 2007 11:49 pm 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

If I were in Flint I would be honored to be there. Even though I can't be there, my thoughts will be on Sgt Wright's family
Post Thu May 24, 2007 4:54 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

To be honest, anyone that goes there should take the lead of the Patriot Guard Riders and do what they do. There should in no way shape or form, be any kind of confrontation whatsoever. Suing jurisdictions for lack of proper protection is how they get their money. So if one wants to support Phelps, they will act against him. Demented line of reasoning but that is the way that they get their money.

Marge and Shirley and the rest of the bile are lawyers, they have been trained to the max, by their dad.

This hurts me to the core to see them doing this and God bless the family and God bless Sgt. Wright.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention Roscoe!!
Post Thu May 24, 2007 5:51 am 
JBToolFist
F L I N T O I D

I'll take 10 to 1 odds that Fred has smoked a few man-pipes in his day.

When he dies, can we all go to his funeral and have a huge party? Better yet, when he dies, the gay community should have a balls-out, flamboyant, in-your-face parade right behind his funeral procession.

When Mr. Phelps goes to Hell, let's hope the Prince of Darkness makes Fred service him daily.

Ah, sweet revenge!

"If you ain't from Flint, then it's like straight up F*&^ You!" - The Dayton Family

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiV_ue-PbL4
Post Thu May 24, 2007 7:31 am 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

If I was in the Flint are I would be there in a heartbeat.
Richard
Post Thu May 24, 2007 8:29 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Actually Internet rumors are that that is what the Phelps family hopes for, the funeral to be a media blitz and people coming to his funeral in droves to make their point that they didn't like what Westboro was about.

Wouldn't it be great if the whole town just left and all that was left was the crickets, so that's all you could hear would be the chirping?

Reverse psychology, at it's finest!! Twisted Evil

If anyone does go follow Roscoe's advice and don't get in the Patriot Guard's way, they are the "Invited Guests", to shield the family, not the general populace.
Post Thu May 24, 2007 9:26 am 
MetroGirl
F L I N T O I D

As a member of the ACLU, I do have to say that I am disappointed in the ACLU's position and efforts to overturn the legislation passed in many states that prohibits the picketing at soldier's funerals. Its a shame...BUT even the horrific works of Phelps and the WBC, can be not be compromised in the name of free speech.

I don't support him or what he does--Its horrible and WRONG--but please understand this,the right to speak freely must be protected.

I think people need to stop men and groups like this---not legislation. Do what you can to stop him...

Post Thu May 24, 2007 12:31 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

You're right andi. Any confrontation toward these dirtbags will be giving them exactly what they want so they can sue the local government for not protecting them.

Rest in peace Sgt Wright. May god be with your family and all of those who serve our country. Thanks for your outstanding service.
Post Thu May 24, 2007 1:56 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Some friends and I went to the church today ready to drown out Mr. Phelps. We brought our American Flags with us. The good news is they never showed up, and the family did not have to deal with such a horrible thing.

We joined almost a 100 other people holding flags. Lots of people from the PEACE movement, Veterans, Military personnel and just regular citizens showed up.

Even though Mr. Phelps did not show up, we decided to stay and show our respects and support to the fallen soldier and his family. For me it was very moving to see all the Military personnel, Veterans, Fire Fighters, Police there supporting our local hero. I feel terrible that these soldiers (some of whom are younger than me) are dying every day for this war.

I am against the war, but I support our Troops! I had the pleasure of meeting Debbie Petriken, whose son Brett was killed in Iraq in 2003. This woman was truly an inspiration to me. She has been through so much, but she continues to fight for a good cause.

I asked her when I met her "Do you support the War?", not knowing if she did or not since she her son served and was killed in Iraq. She looked at me and said " I do not support the war, BUT I DO SUPPORT THE TROOPS." As I left the church today, I felt like we as Americans need to demand more from our Government and we need bring our troops home now. Everyday I see in the news, view on the Internet and read in the paper that more and more soldiers are being injured and killed. More and more families lives are being torn apart...and for what???

Post Thu May 24, 2007 6:22 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

JBtoolfist I have to admit I don't always agree with you, but you hit the nail right on the head this time. I agree, Mr. Phelps is the devil.

quote:
JBToolFist schreef:
I'll take 10 to 1 odds that Fred has smoked a few man-pipes in his day.

When he dies, can we all go to his funeral and have a huge party? Better yet, when he dies, the gay community should have a balls-out, flamboyant, in-your-face parade right behind his funeral procession.

When Mr. Phelps goes to Hell, let's hope the Prince of Darkness makes Fred service him daily.

Ah, sweet revenge!

Post Thu May 24, 2007 6:24 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Some friends and I went to the church today ready to drown out Mr. Phelps. We brought our American Flags with us. The good news is they never showed up, and the family did not have to deal with such a horrible thing.

We joined almost a 100 other people holding flags. Lots of people from the PEACE movement, Veterans, Military personnel and just regular citizens showed up.

Even though Mr. Phelps did not show up, we decided to stay and show our respects and support to the fallen soldier and his family. For me it was very moving to see all the Military personnel, Veterans, Fire Fighters, Police there supporting our local hero. I feel terrible that these soldiers (some of whom are younger than me) are dying every day for this war.

I am against the war, but I support our Troops! I had the pleasure of meeting Debbie Petriken, whose son Brett was killed in Iraq in 2003. This woman was truly an inspiration to me. She has been through so much, but she continues to fight for a good cause.

I asked her when I met her "Do you support the War?", not knowing if she did or not since she her son served and was killed in Iraq. She looked at me and said " I do not support the war, BUT I DO SUPPORT THE TROOPS." As I left the church today, I felt like we as Americans need to demand more from our Government and we need bring our troops home now. Everyday I see in the news, view on the Internet and read in the paper that more and more soldiers are being injured and killed. More and more families lives are being torn apart...and for what???

Post Thu May 24, 2007 6:24 pm 
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

Thank you everyone. Over 100 people! That is one of the largest anti-Phelps turnouts in recent memory. I'm so glad he never showed up. You were ready, and in the face of overwhelming unity, you repelled the true evil this man and his followers are.

Phelps knew better than to mess with Flint or our fallen sons. And all those people supporting the family of the slain soldier helped lighten the burden they have carry.

You folks should all be very proud of yourselves and sleep well tonight knowing you MADE A BIG DIFFERENCE TO A LOT OF PEOPLE!

ESPECIALLY ME!
Post Thu May 24, 2007 8:59 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Yeah it was good to see Roscoe, the family was very grateful too..
Everytime one passed by, they told whoever was there with a flag thank you...

It honest was one of the sadest things I have done it along, my heart was torn for the family. It also pissed me off that we are still over there fighting this war. Shame on the democrats for backing down on the mandate the American people gave them..

quote:
Roscoe Van Zandt schreef:
Thank you everyone. Over 100 people! That is one of the largest anti-Phelps turnouts in recent memory. I'm so glad he never showed up. You were ready, and in the face of overwhelming unity, you repelled the true evil this man and his followers are.

Phelps knew better than to mess with Flint or our fallen sons. And all those people supporting the family of the slain soldier helped lighten the burden they have carry.

You folks should all be very proud of yourselves and sleep well tonight knowing you MADE A BIG DIFFERENCE TO A LOT OF PEOPLE!

ESPECIALLY ME!

Post Thu May 24, 2007 9:29 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Howdy Roscoe and Ryan

Believe it or not, it is probably a moment that you will never forget and it is honestly life changing, for the better.

As much as I would like to see Phelps' activities squashed by any means necessary, it is the gift of free speech that draws people together to sheild the family.

Sure Westboro bile can tout that they have free speech and picket, but we also have free speech to tell them we don't like it, and we don't like to hear it. As long as they keep touting hate we will tell them that we don't like to hear it, ever since Matthew Shepard's death. Wink
Post Fri May 25, 2007 6:17 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Thanks for the comment Andi, However people like Phelps are sick individuals. Righties and Lefties alike both are against Mr. Phelps tactics!
I am not sure who is God is, but its really sad what he does!

quote:
andi03 schreef:
Howdy Roscoe and Ryan

Believe it or not, it is probably a moment that you will never forget and it is honestly life changing, for the better.

As much as I would like to see Phelps' activities squashed by any means necessary, it is the gift of free speech that draws people together to sheild the family.

Sure Westboro bile can tout that they have free speech and picket, but we also have free speech to tell them we don't like it, and we don't like to hear it. As long as they keep touting hate we will tell them that we don't like to hear it, ever since Matthew Shepard's death. Wink

Post Fri May 25, 2007 9:29 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: