FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Just got back from Flint...

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Richard
F L I N T O I D

My wife and I just got back from Flint and had a ball. The weather was beautiful and one could not ask for a better weekend. We attended a wedding in Otisville and spent Sunday on Mackinac Island. I also happened to buy a 1987 Buick S&S hearse while in town and took a few pictures of the defunct Collins Funeral Home.
Please view both at this site.
http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i277/RichardV_2006/
The funeral home pictures are in the sub album funeral home. The funeral home is beyond repair and most everything worth anything is now gone. The embalming table I would like to have is still in the basement and two retro chairs in nice shape are in one of the upstairs apartments.
Post Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:31 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

You should have swung by Brown Funeral home. That is in great shape. You could buy it and open it back up. Then you could use your hearse.

Post Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:39 pm 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

I did swing by Brown's. It is all boarded and painted nicely. I know they are trying to keep vandals out. Heck, even the lights are still on in the parking lot. The interior is dated and I do not think SCI (company that owned it) ever put a dime into carpets and such to keep it somewhat up to date. SCI is trying to sell all their funeral homes and cemeteries in Michigan at this time.
Post Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:01 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: