FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Resolutions...
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Anyone want to post their resolutions for the New Year? I am making a resolution not to make any...hehehe.

Volunteer at least 5 hours a week so I can get 250 hours for the year.

Pack the kids' lunches everyday.

Go for a hike on the North Country Trail with all of my children, and let them teach ME...trust me, it's possible. Smile

Buy my daughter her own fishing pole and teach her how to clean fish.

Learn how to bite my tongue in "real life"....that's gonna be the biggest one...

READ!!! Smile
Post Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:10 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Will your daughter be baiting her own hook?????

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:40 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Ah, I thought that I would let her get frustrated and just drop the hook in and see if she catches anything. Smile
Post Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:16 pm 
torgohugo
F L I N T O I D

I plan on playing more hoops

Post Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:12 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Continue goal of working to become debt free. File taxes early. Get a TV antenna and converter box(es) to get rid of LOCAL CABLE COMPANY; only regret will be loss of CSPAN and Sunday's taped city council meetings.

By the way, if you have complaints about LOCAL CABLE COMPANY, call the Michigan Public Service Commission toll free at 1-866-552-7725 (8AM to 5PM Monday through Friday). They are actually encouraging the calls. The cable company is under the Federal Communications Commission but the Michigan Public Service Commission is listening to complaints, compiling a list and will send them to the Governor. They will also forward your complaint(s) to the cable company and have them respond directly to you about your concerns.

I received response within a week from the executive support office; the rep actually offered me a $4.20 monthly set top box free for 12 months with a $19.95 installation fee, even though he couldn't tell me what the charge would be after 12 months. This was to give me a few more channels and the TV Guide channel at the digital level (They moved the TV Guide channel out of range without written notice). They charged $1.99 service fee to my account after I paid for 12 months in advance at the local office. It costs $4.00 to pay over the phone with an agent. To pay "free," mail payment or make payment via automated phone system or online with credit card.

When I called to report video out on one channel, the guy said they hadn't had any other reports of such a problem (same response when I called to report a different problem previously--I was told they don't do anything unless they get several calls) and asked my name, address, phone number. After that he wanted last 4 digits of my social security number. I told him he had enough information to know there was a problem and hung up. Then I called a couple friends to have them report the problem--they didn't encounter such an interrogation.
Post Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:08 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

****Continue goal of working to become debt free. File taxes early. Get a TV antenna and converter box(es) to get rid of LOCAL CABLE COMPANY; only regret will be loss of CSPAN and Sunday's taped city council meetings. ****

A couple of frugal tips for web-based resources anyway are the following...

About.com-frugal living section, join the forum, it's free. Just lurking has kicked me in the pants.

Hillbillyhousewife.com has wonderful recipes for cooking from scratch.

Mary Hunt's "Tiptionary", some of the advice is priceless, some of it warm fuzzies.

"The Tightwad Gazette" by Amy Daczyn (sp) old but filled with wonderful points and tips. I actually started to use cloth diapers when I read this book, don't regret the choice when my kids were young.

"Simple Abundance" is a good book too for this kind of stuff, makes you appreciate what you have and requires you to journal everyday, believe it or not. 5 positive things that you are appreciative of everyday are to be written down. Follows a daily calendar, kind of new Age kind of stuff going on but it will make you appreciative of what you have in a psychobabble kind of way. Smile Smile Smile This is the anthology that changed me the most...I may dust off the book and try it again.

Comcrap, eh? Smile My husband works from home too much this winter when the roads are bad, I just may inquire about internet service only, we are beholden to them for our phone service now.....argh!!!
Post Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:44 am 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

1) Reduce debt
2) Stop spending-not good for the economy
3) Buy more AMERICAN
4) Eat better-standard input
5) Visit Michigan 4 times in 2009
6) Leave open to add/delete/change as need be

Richard
Post Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:33 am 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

OOSL2, you might be interested in the Free to Air idea if you are computer saavy and want to get rid of cable and still have your channels. If you google it you should find some info on it.

My resolutions:
Learn to cook at home more often.
Pay off our bills
Save money from every paycheck for a rainy day
Strive to make our home more child friendly
Buy Local
Increase my involvement in the community.
Kick my soda addiction... or at least control it...
Complete my thesis with time to spare!

Happy New Year. Stay Safe.
Post Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:14 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Cut back on my forum posts and allow LT now known as backagain to catch up.
Very Happy

Post Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:21 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Try to fight the urge to get a .460 Smith & Wesson.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:53 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

lol you are the voice behind FlintTalk twotap!

quote:
twotap schreef:
Cut back on my forum posts and allow LT now known as backagain to catch up.
Very Happy

Post Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:58 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

One of my new years resolutions is to learn how to scuba dive!

Post Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:23 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Another One:

I want to for City Council in my ward and win! Then we will clean up this area! While improving the quality of life.

Post Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:32 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:

Not a problem, its so easy a liberal can do it. Laughing

Post Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:42 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

whats that suppose to mean twotap?

quote:
twotap schreef:

quote:

Not a problem, its so easy a liberal can do it. Laughing

Post Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:39 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: