FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Its not all doom and gloom

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

AP
McDonald's same-store sales rise 5 percent in April
Thursday May 8, 8:14 am ET
McDonald's same-store sales jump 5 percent in April, rise 2 percent in US

OAK BROOK, Ill. (AP) -- McDonald's Corp., the nation's No. 1 hamburger chain, said Thursday its global same-store sales rose 5 percent in April.
McDonald's said same-store sales, or sales at locations open at least a year, climbed 2 percent in the U.S., helped by the chain's breakfast menu and new products.

In Europe, same-store sales rose 6.3 percent, led by France, the U.K., Russia and Germany.

McDonald's said the launch of a premium burger in France and Germany plus a Monopoly promotion in the U.K. boosted sales in those countries.

Same-store sales in Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa climbed 7.8 percent.

Same-store sales is a key indicator of restaurant performance since it measures growth at existing locations rather than newly-opened ones.

For the month ended April 30, the company said systemwide sales for restaurants worldwide jumped 14 percent.

Post Thu May 08, 2008 8:57 am 
david
F L I N T O I D

looking at the picture i can see why sales rose 5% must be a sumo wrestler in the making. sad. Sad

david
san diego
Post Thu May 08, 2008 10:50 am 
squash
F L I N T O I D

I hate what McDonalds stands for as a corporation. Marketing an unhealthy product to children. Buying up grazing land in developing nations so they can grow there chemical laden cows. Mass marketing crappy movies that my kids "have" to see. I try to eat locally grown organic food as much as possible. But there is something inside me that needs a Big Mac and fries about once a month. (sometimes more) It reminds me of that Chris Rock bit about Krispy Kremes. "There must be crack in this."

I visited SD once. Nice city. Good Mexican food.
Post Thu May 08, 2008 11:25 am 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

McDonalds has adde some healthy options to the menu. Not too many kids eat at McDonalds 5 or more times a week like they do at school.

If FLint schools are like most than we probably have a problem with nutrition. http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d03506.pdf

Link
Post Thu May 08, 2008 12:25 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

Well, the biggest problem with fast food is its abundance and low cost. I'm fortunate enough that I can choose something else every day, and I've never gone back. I can't remember the last time I had McDonald's, and there are next to NO french fries in my diet at all anymore. Go me.

If a poor parent wanted to buy hormone free beef or chicken, she'd be out of luck. Hell, my dad even refused to buy my cage-free organic chicken because it was nearly $10/lb. Hard to stomach when you can feed your 3 kids a double cheeseburger and fries for $10.

What a vicious cycle. And then you end up with these semi-adults who won't eat asparagus or shrimp. They fatten up, they need more calories, and then rely on fast food even more.
Post Thu May 08, 2008 1:07 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

The way prices are today, not many "middle class" people can afford 10 bucks a pound for anything. I know we sure can't.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu May 08, 2008 1:19 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Agriculture/BG1542.cfm
Post Thu May 08, 2008 1:26 pm 
squash
F L I N T O I D

quote:
McDonalds has adde some healthy options to the menu.

Adam, sometimes I get the feeling you'd defend Jack the Ripper if he had surpassed his first quarter profit projections.
Let me get this straight. McDonalds; good for kids. Schools; bad?

I've seen the school lunches and they've added some healthy options too. But they still look awful.
Post Thu May 08, 2008 1:44 pm 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

I graduated in 1999 and I think the farm bill and school lunches may be a more serious problem than McDonalds. McDonalds does have a full line of salads they have fruit and yogurt cups apples etc. and I think they stopped using trans fats.

I think you'd be surprised how many children in America only eat fries and a pop for their school lunch.

Obviously Mcdonalds may not be as good as a nutritious meal at home but I don't see a problem with eating fast food a few times a month.
Post Thu May 08, 2008 2:03 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
I've seen the school lunches and they've added some healthy options too. But they still look awful.

Jeez I hope they still have beenieweenie and tuna cheese surprise . Laughing

If a poor parent wanted to buy hormone free beef or chicken, she'd be out of luck. Hell, my dad even refused to buy my cage-free organic chicken because it was nearly $10/lb. Hard to stomach when you can feed your 3 kids a double cheeseburger and fries for $10.

So thats why the chubby guy in the photo is asking "are you gonna finish that" well hell now we know, either daddy wont buy the $10 a pound chicken Shocked or his mommas so poor all he can do is sit at Mickey Ds all daylong stuffing himself. " Clean up your plate theirs starvin folks in this world ya know. And all along I thought it was because he ate too much and wouldnt get off his fatass and move around. Ya sure can learn a bunch on this forum. Laughing
Post Thu May 08, 2008 5:22 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: