FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Here it is try not to lose your breath.LOL
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

"Best workers on Earth here in Flint," Obama tells Kettering crowd
by Kristin Longley | The Flint Journal
Monday June 16, 2008, 1:04 PM

Carlos Osorio | The Associated Press
Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama addresses a rally at Kettering University in Flint, Mich., Monday.FLINT, Michigan -- Speaking to a crowd of about 1,400 people at Kettering University today, presumptive Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama pledged to bring new industry and new jobs to Flint.

After acknowledging the local historical dependence on the auto industry, Obama said the state can't rely on strategies of the past.

"We have the best workers on Earth here in Flint and here in Michigan. We work better and we work harder," Obama told the enthusiastic crowd.

How in the hell would Barry know that hes never been here in his life. And whos this "We" hes talking about?? Man is this guy full of crap. Rolling Eyes

Obama discussed bringing new alternative energy manufacturing jobs to the area and pledged during his campaign to meet with leaders of the Big Three to talk about the issue.

Post Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:02 pm 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

It isn't the 1st time he's insulted the intelligence of voters.

Post Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:27 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

You best blame the reporter and not Obama.

While those are the words he uttered, it's out of context.

The best workers on EARTH, here in America, and yes, here in Flint Michigan.

See the distinction? Jesus Christ are you people looking for a reason to hate.

Post Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:22 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Jesus Christ are you people looking for a reason to hate

I dont know about looking for a reason to hate just trying to figure out what this Obamagaizm thing is all about. It appears hes just another slick talking politican nothing more than that. Oh ya as far as the out of context thing ya cant keep covering his sorry ass with that one forever hes gonna have to be held accountable for his comments someday why not now? Laughing

Of course if ya want to talk HATE some of the comments on this forum about the current prez and the current repub candidate would be prime examples of that Shocked careful about throwing them stones.

Post Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:53 pm 
strattonsigns
F L I N T O I D

Hate???????

Hate????????

Isn't the definition of hate Rev Wright and Michael Phleger......OBAMA'S religious and spiritual mentors?

AS far as the best workers in the world? If we had the best workforce in the world I hardly think 10-15% of them would be out of work. The fact is, they outpriced themselves in the world economy, plain and simple. Ya can't make 75-100K/year for performing a menial task and expect to keep your job. Empty promises. If Obama can't change Michigan's ANTI BUSINESS tax policies, Corporations will not locate here and will continue the mass exodus to other states/countries. Thats the fact Jack.
Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:29 am 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

As I said, you're a moron... that's all I need to know.

As for you, twotap, I challenge you to find me one post I've made about McCain that oozes hate.

I really don't hate him. In 2000 I actually bought in to some of his schtick. It's unfortunate he abandoned "maverick" for "sidekick".

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:02 am 
strattonsigns
F L I N T O I D

You can lower yourself to name calling if that is your style. But deflecting criticism of Obama's friends, mentors, and associates instead of defending his actual relationships with these people is TYPICAL.

If anyone says ANYTHING negative about Obama, they must be a moron or a racist....right?
What about those of us that simply don't like his political stance?
Open relationships and talks with Cuba, North Korea, Iran? NO
Expand entitlement programs...NO
Tax Capital Gains....NO
Gun Control......NO
Partial Birth Abortion....NO
Leave Iraq with an unstable government....NO

If you'd like to debate the ISSUES with a moron....stand up.
Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:04 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
strattonsigns schreef:

AS far as the best workers in the world? If we had the best workforce in the world I hardly think 10-15% of them would be out of work. The fact is, they outpriced themselves in the world economy, plain and simple. Ya can't make 75-100K/year for performing a menial task and expect to keep your job. Empty promises. If Obama can't change Michigan's ANTI BUSINESS tax policies, Corporations will not locate here and will continue the mass exodus to other states/countries. Thats the fact Jack.

10-15% may be a lot lower than the "real" numbers. We also have national ani-business policies that Obama will almost certainly make worse. You need to get on Davison's city council.
Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:51 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
As for you, twotap, I challenge you to find me one post I've made about McCain that oozes hate.

In a reverse of the old Ill show ya mine if you show me yours game show me where I ooze hate towards the messiah. Dislike him, not buying his Bullshit, am at a loss as to all the swooning , fainting, and wetting of pants ya, but hating?? no I dont really hate anyone but I could learn I suppose. Very Happy

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:00 pm 
federales1
F L I N T O I D

If you don't like Obama, according to Dems, you're a moron.
She's giddy as a schoolgirl over that guy. I wouldn't sweat it much. There's only about 10 people that regularly post here, anyway. Since they don't know who you are, just post your view as you see it.

AFA topic, I think you'd be hard pressed to open a large business in Flint and get enough workers. They'd be out in droves to apply but after reality set in my guess is that the turnover would be horrendous.
On the other hand I have no doubt that there are people out there that would love to have a job of any kind. I have grown kids struggling right now. Then again, they chose to "make their own mistakes", their words, and now they are paying for it.
I am however proud to say that neither are on any kind of government assistance or in jail. They're toughing it out, which is what a person should do when they make their own choices.
Throwing money at poverty has has the opposite effect of what was intended. It's my opinion that throwing more money at the problem will exacerbate it further. This is what Obama wants to do and for that reason alone I won't vote for him. There are others, but for me that's enough.

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:19 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

Nope, TOTALLY WRONG.

You're a moron when you say, "THAT SPEECH HE GAVE SUCKED" before the speech was given.

Then you are uniquely qualified to be the biggest idiot on this board. strattonsigns wins!

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:30 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

One more thing.

I will reiterate, and I'll use small sentences.

I don't think Obama is perfect.

I don't think he's the messiah.

I'm not sure he was even my favorite candidate.

I worry about some things he proposes, and more importantly, how he'll pay for them.

I worry he'll be ineffectual because he's so young and so new.

But he IS the best chance, by my calculus, for my life improving. Nothing McCain supports can offer me any hope of that. I won't benefit from tax cuts. My reproductive rights will be threatened. The court will be slanted to the right further still.

And I'm inspired by the idea that America has, in fact, come far enough to elect a biracial president. I didn't think we were capable of it. I mean, these are the same people that reacted so violently they named them "freedom fries." (The fastest they've ever passed any legislation too, besides for Terri Schiavo... another debacle.)

SO try as you might to cast ME as the neophyte, it is certainly not I. My beliefs are nuanced and informed. I research. I read several newspapers every day, get my news from at least 10 media sources, and I read history, economics, and science books.

I also love Obama personally because we share something in our backgrounds.

So now you guys can give up on trying to represent what I think or how I think it, and get back to what you're really good at: labelling people.

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:38 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Demeralda schreef:
Nope, TOTALLY WRONG.

You're a moron when you say, "THAT SPEECH HE GAVE SUCKED" before the speech was given.

Then you are uniquely qualified to be the biggest idiot on this board. strattonsigns wins!

Maybe he's a prophet?

Or perhaps he saw some of Obama's last 10 speeches and thought this would be more empty change rhetoric.
Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:41 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Demeralda, Well that was well put. Cool And as you have gathered some of us dont see him as the best hope. But hey this section of the forum is political talk and I would say if your gonna talk politics Obamas gotta be at the top of everyones posts like him or not. Very Happy

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:44 pm 
federales1
F L I N T O I D

Well Demerelda, I do believe I read your statement inferring that you would be topless at his rally. If that's not giddy as a schoolgirl, I don't know what is.

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:57 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: