FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Droppin' My Drawers for Flint Police Chief David R. Dicks
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Have you mooned an officer today?
Who, me?
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Yes, of course.
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 5

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Mellow D
F L I N T O I D

The Detroit Freepress is having a field day with the story, and Flint is now the laughing stock of the Lansing State Journal , even the Petoskey News . I was brushing my teeth at the time, but I think I even heard Oberman refer to the baggy drawers story during the "Worst Person" segment.

These days, when the police drive by, this little white girl gets the urge to drop her drawers down to my cheeks, like "Wut?" Shocked

How long before they re-arrest old baggy criminal himself?
Post Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:17 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

I guess someone has something about the "plumber crack" eh? All you need to do is run around after those guys with some spackle or drywall mud if you get the visual.

Even the news in Houston, San Francisco and the Drudge Report is talking about it. Aren't we special?!

Post Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:28 am 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

Please share all the links where you've seen the stories... I think it's amusing.

Post Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:31 am 
Mellow D
F L I N T O I D

Demerol, the links are there in the post. They are hyperlinks, so just click on the colored text. I got all of these from my google alert on Flint. Apparently our saggy bottoms are all the rage.
Post Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:37 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

She may have been talking to me....she loves footnotes. Smile

Hold on Dem.

Post Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:48 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

http://www.chron.com/commons/persona.html?newspaperUserId=desperado&plckController=PersonaBlog&plckScript=personaScript&plckElementId=personaDest&plckPersonaPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3AdesperadoPost%3A5e6e2f21-00a5-42ec-ac45-ef890a6a530b

http://www.npr.org/blogs/bryantpark/2008/07/linkfest_the_ramble.html

http://www.drudge.com/news/109865/chief-dicks-saggy-pants-jail-time

This one comes with graphics!!!!! I say we reach for butt spackle!!!!!

http://www.creativereview.co.uk/crblog/infographic-of-the-week/

edited to add, please note the last website addy of co.uk.......this is in England, can't wait to hear about this from my cousin.....oy.

Post Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:52 am 
Mellow D
F L I N T O I D

I love all this ridiculousness. I picture folks all over the world reading this story about Flint, and for once, chuckling.

It makes me feel so young. Our office policy is sort of, "Please wear clothes," so I haven't had much in the way of dress codes since high school. Refreshing.

I was born and raised in Flint and still have never felt so gangsta in my life. I'm headed to New Orleans, and thinking I might have to bust out some sag, just to represent, yo.[/i]
Post Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:03 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

In a lot of reports, the media laughs about it. But people I talk to in Flint think it's a great idea.

Something I learned today, from a black lady, BTW - spell SAGGIN backwards.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:44 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
people I talk to in Flint think it's a great idea.

I guess they can stop "whining" when the police respond to their 911 calls the next day then because the police have other more pressing concerns such as the way people dress.
Post Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:57 am 
Mellow D
F L I N T O I D

Oh, I think it is a great idea, too! If it weren't for the saggin' pants, we'd have to enforce not wearing a pick in your hair - we wouldn't be able to harass half as many black men that way. The saggin pants thing is brilliant.

And now that I know a black woman gave you permission to call her sons and grandsons "niggas" - boy I bet we can all get a lot of mileage out of that, too. That's great.

Suppose we could use this new law to keep black folks from voting in Flint, too? Hmm... Must be some way...
Post Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:59 am 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

Yep, Andi was right... thanks Andi! I just like to see our disgrace in as many places as possible. It helps keep the bitterness in my gut alive.

I CANNOT believe he even supplied a diagram.

It's totally against self-expression, but what I can't forgive is that it's being used an excuse to violate civil liberties -- the chief is personally searching people. It makes me sick.

Mellow, you simply must have this T-shirt for your trip:

http://www.flintcitytshirts.com/retail-toughtown.html

Post Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:34 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Mellow D schreef:
Suppose we could use this new law to keep black folks from voting in Flint, too? Hmm... Must be some way...

The state of Michigan already has the license thing in place for voter suppression.
Post Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:54 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Mellow D schreef:
Oh, I think it is a great idea, too! If it weren't for the saggin' pants, we'd have to enforce not wearing a pick in your hair - we wouldn't be able to harass half as many black men that way. The saggin pants thing is brilliant.

And now that I know a black woman gave you permission to call her sons and grandsons "niggas" - boy I bet we can all get a lot of mileage out of that, too. That's great.

Did you fall off the twinkie wagon on your way to the enchanted kingdom (thanks to Barney Miller) & bump your head, or something? How does having something pointed out to me that I never noticed translate into permission to call someone an objectionable name?

As far as harassing black men, you'll have to talk to the black Police Chief about that.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:13 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Adam schreef:
quote:
Mellow D schreef:

The state of Michigan already has the license thing in place for voter suppression.

How does requiring ID equal voter suppression? If ID was not required, someone could easily obtain your street address, go to the precinct where you vote, fill out a ballot request in your name & vote. Then when you showed up to vote, you'd be told you already voted, and you could possibly be investigated for attempted vote fraud.

Post Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:17 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

Except that NEVER HAPPENS, Dave. It's an excuse to set up these sham laws to keep people from voting.

When the Supreme Court heard the case on Indiana's voter ID, they couldn't find one documented case in history where they caught someone trying to fraudulently vote. Why would anyone bother? It's so much easier to do by using dead people's names.

Post Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:34 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: