FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Wanted: A write-in candidate to run against Adam Ford
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Henry
F L I N T O I D

Most of you have probably read a few of Adam Ford's posts here at the Flint Talk forums. What you might not know is that Mr. Ford is the sole candidate in the Republican primary in August for the Michigan House of Representatives 34th district.

For those of you who haven't read Adam's stuff, you don't want to miss these classics:

"All drugs should be legal" , and

"Barack Obama is a lot like Hitler...and Jesus, too! "

Are you a Republican in the 34th district? Do you think that even the Republican Party deserves a better candidate than this guy ?

Then run, don't walk, to the Genesee County Clerk's office downtown, and register as a write-in candidate. It's easy, fun, and it is the right thing to do !
Post Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:48 pm 
Opinionated
F L I N T O I D

Henry, and I'm not kidding, this last post was so funny, so "commercially", that not only do you need to get on bonto's show, but need to run against adam (as a democrat). you'd be a shoe-in and i'd surely vote for you! your seeming knowledge of politics and how to handle this right-winged republicans would be what we're all looking for. i say - HENRY FOR SENATE!!!

Last edited by Opinionated on Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:13 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Someone has to be a sockpuppet....oy.

Post Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:43 pm 
Mellow D
F L I N T O I D

That is a Dem district. You can download the map of it here .

You'd need a black Republican who goes to a large church to get that one. Adam has spoken at enough council meetings, spewing nutcase ideology, to scare away all the potential voters he might have won in that district. If you think he's kookey on this forum, you should see him in person.
Post Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:37 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

I do admit lower taxes and home businesses are pretty "kooky" ideas in Flint but other more conservative communities had have some success with more business and family freindly policies.

In Lansing the idea that we should lower the income tax, and make murder a more serious crime than drug possession and end discriminatory subsidies might also come of as "kooky ideas".

I have a feeling my district might be able to see the 6 years of progress" we have made under Clack in only 2 years under the next democrat. I am in arguably the most liberal democratic district outside of Detroit and I think it shows.
Post Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:54 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Henry schreef:
For those of you who haven't read Adam's stuff, you don't want to miss these classics:

"All drugs should be legal" , and

"Barack Obama is a lot like Hitler...and Jesus, too!

If you don't think we need criminal justice reform you're either ignorant, stupid or racist. It's a known fact blacks have more "opportunities" to go to jail. In addition people are serving longer sentences for drugs than murder. Unlike the current Michigan legislature I have a problem with that.

I'm not sure where you've been this campaign season but I think it's pretty obvious Obmama has a very high level of charisma. I would argue it's on an even higher level than even people like MLK, Malcolm X and even JFK while he was alive. I am not saying Obama = Hitler. I'm saying Obama's level of charisma and loyatly from his followers is similar to Hitler's. Just because someone has a high level of charisma does not mean they are necessarily a poor or good leader. I think Obama is bad due to his lack of real/poor stances and not his extremely high and almost unprecendented level of charisma.
Post Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:22 pm 
Opinionated
F L I N T O I D

I actually found myself agreeing with a couple of things.
quote:
Adam schreef:

....people are serving longer sentences for drugs than murder. Unlike the current Michigan legislature I have a problem with that.

quote:
Adam schreef:

I think Obama is bad due to his lack of real/poor stances and not his extremely high and almost unprecendented level of charisma.

However......

quote:
Adam schreef:

....I think it's pretty obvious Obmama has a very high level of charisma. I would argue it's on an even higher level than even people like MLK, Malcolm X and even JFK while he was alive.

Satements like that and others you've made may just solidify what the others are saying about you. I mean, if you don't think that (the above statement) is kooky thinking....!

Post Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:28 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Sorry but I can't think of any American political figure who had such a cult like appeal. Reagan probably would have been laughed at if his speeches would have been filled with such empty rhetoric while Obama is practically hailed as the messiah. I'm sorry but "hope and change", "yes we can", "working together", "positive change" etc etc. doesn't seem like it should warrant much applause let alone the mass hysteria he receives at his rallys.
Post Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:56 pm 
strattonsigns
F L I N T O I D

Adam,
Why would you even recognize anonymous posters (posers). If they have enough chutzpa to say the things they have about you, it would seem they would identify themselves and their motives.
Post Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:02 pm 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

If it seems at least somewhat credible I normally respond.
Post Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:17 pm 
Opinionated
F L I N T O I D

quote:
strattonsigns schreef:
Adam,
Why would you even recognize anonymous posters (posers). If they have enough chutzpa to say the things they have about you, it would seem they would identify themselves and their motives.

Pretty big words coming from an anonymous poster (poser).

First, off, strattonsigns, I'm not sure if you meant me or not, but I did identify myself. Secondly, I also mentioned my opinions and "motives." Finally, Adam himself recognized the post(s) as credible, so I'm not really sure if you're two cents made any....sense, that is.

Post Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:29 am 
Henry
F L I N T O I D

What possible difference does a motive mean here? Does the value of Adam's rants change based on who is criticizing them, or does Adam suck regardless? If Adam's words fall flat in a forest, and nobody is there to hear them, is he still stupid?
Post Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:11 am 
Henry
F L I N T O I D

What possible difference does a motive mean here? Does the value of Adam's rants change based on who is criticizing them, or does Adam suck regardless? If Adam's words fall flat in a forest, and nobody is there to hear them, is he still stupid?
Post Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:11 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Henry schreef:

Good lord man, what side of the bed did you fall out of 10 years ago? Slow down Sparky.......

Why don't you "attack" the issues and not the person.....It would make your rants somewhat tolerable to read.....capiche?

Post Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:20 am 
Henry
F L I N T O I D

The message I sent was perfectly clear. Any reception problems are caused by the receiver.
Post Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:40 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: