FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Looks like McCain's winning...........
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
strattonsigns
F L I N T O I D

http://realclearpolitics.com

Look at the "no toss up states"

What happened to this BIG lead?
Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:03 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I have heard from several sources on radio and internet that there is panic in Obama land. It was supposed to be a done deal, first black prez, all the changes, new hope, the world will love us again etc. Whats happening is the more people see and hear Obama and his empty rhetoric the more they are turning away in droves. This election wont be settled by enthusiastic Mccain voters it will be strictly anti Obama voters. Very Happy
Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:25 am 
strattonsigns
F L I N T O I D

I guesstis the leftists are gonna be silent on this one? rotflmfao
Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:43 am 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

My answer is the same as the other times you quote polls. Ask Al Gore how much the popular vote matters. Add up the electoral votes of those states that are solidly or leaning blue, plus states that traditionally vote red but where Barack is registering new voters, like Virginia, Georgia, even North Dakota, . . . and you see a different picture. You can go to some of the sites I linked to before, but you don't have to take my word for it. Google 'electoral map totals' and find any independent site analyzing these numbers on a state-by-state level. There are other problems with these polls: they usually don't call the preeminently younger voters, many of whom vote for Barack, because they don't own a land-line phone. They also often get their call lists based on lists of past voters. None of the those inspired by Barack to register this year for the first time will ever be called by a pollster. You guys have nothing new, just the same retread arguments.
Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:22 am 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

Barack is going to win! ROTTSFLMLLDAO!
Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:25 am 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

No, we're just smart enough to know how misleading the "lead" is.

First of all, there isn't one. Most national polls still put Obama ahead. The margin of error is what allows people to call it close.

Secondly, it's obvious to me that he's laying low until the convention, where he'll get a huge spike. It's REALLY bad to spike too early... it's better to appear petered out and then hammer it home.

Thirdly, this won't be decided nationally. It'll be decided state by state; this is what the polls fail to illuminate. Even if it's within 1 or 2 percent nationally, all it takes is for those people to live in battleground states.

Fourth, you don't even know the machine that's in place. How many text messages is McCane sending out? How many emails? Everything will change come September.

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:34 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

*****ROTTSFLMLLDAO!*****

Rolling
On
The
Tile
Silently
>FLaMing an arMiDiLLO?

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:35 am 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

Maybe it referred to Obama:

ROTTSFLMLLDAO:

Rolling on the tile silently flaunting long muscular large lean dark ample organ

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:03 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

If this kind of rhetoric continues, it's going to be a cakewalk:

Obama Jumps on McCain House Comment
By Anne E. Kornblut
RICHMOND, Va. -- As part of an increasingly aggressive effort to redefine his opponent, Sen. Barack Obama on Thursday morning seized on a new remark by Sen. John McCain that he does not know how many houses he owns.

"Somebody asked John McCain, 'How many houses do you have?' And he said, 'I'm not sure, I'll have to check with my staff,'" Obama said with a tone of incredulousness at an outdoor event here.

"If you don't know how many houses you have, then it's not surprising that you might think the economy is fundamentally strong," he said. "But if you're like me, and you got one house, or you are like the millions of people who are struggling right now to keep up with their mortgage so they don't lose their home, then you might have a different perspective."

The audience laughed and clapped, and then Obama added: "And, by the way, the answer is, John McCain has seven homes." That, it turns out, is true.

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:26 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

We shall see. Laughing Laughing Laughing dont forget barackos is counting on the votes from those "57" states hes campaigned in. Laughing

http://electoral-vote.com/

Hey Dem looks like you better quit screwing around on this forum and clean that litter box. Laughing
Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:33 pm 
Mellow D
F L I N T O I D

Holy crap, Dem. I hadn't seen that John has 7 houses and can't even count that high (or is lying so that he doesn't have to admit to 7 houses). I'm almost in disbelief.

Wow. He must really work hard, huh?
Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:03 pm 
strattonsigns
F L I N T O I D

McCain should sell those houses anyways....he'll have a place on Pennsylvania Avenue in January. lol
Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:07 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

Come on, Mel! If you just pull yourself up by the bootstraps, get an education, work hard and bomb innocent people, you TOO can meet a creepy millionaire and sell what's left of your darkened soul for 7 houses.

America... F*CK YEAH (courtesy of Team America: World Police).

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:07 pm 
strattonsigns
F L I N T O I D

Politician....soul......that is an oxymoron
Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:30 pm 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

quote:
strattonsigns schreef:
McCain should sell those houses anyways....he'll have a place on Pennsylvania Avenue in January. lol

Don't call ReMax just yet.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/maps/obama_vs_mccain/

Lets take another look at the projected electoral map:

Barack Obama 228

183 Solid 45 Leaning

John McCain 174

139 Solid 35 Leaning

Toss Up 136

One needs 270 to win. Barack Obama is a lot closer to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave than ole Mac.

Last edited by Kevin McKague on Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:32 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: