FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: What is the first thing you'd do if you were elected pres?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
strattonsigns
F L I N T O I D

I'm thinking the first thing I would do is meet with the Joint Chiefs.....maybe get busy naming my cabinet......maybe get briefed from the CIA.......Lots of Urgent matters to attend to concerning the Security of the USA.

Obama has different priorities...

What would be the FIRST thing he would do as President?

Well, the first thing I’d do as president is, is sign the Freedom of Choice Act. [Applause.] That’s the first thing that I’d do. Um, but the, okay, but, but your question about the federal courts is absolutely on target. I taught Constitutional Law for ten years and I have to say after reading this latest decision and the series of decisions that the Supreme Court has been putting forward that I find it baffling.

Wow......now that tells you something.
Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:25 am 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

I'd turn to President Bush, and say: "you have the right to remain silent. . . ."
Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:30 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Kevin, everyone has the right to remain silent.....Bush Jr. just never utilized it to the fullest extent.....<lame humor>

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:32 am 
strattonsigns
F L I N T O I D

Did he really teach Constitutional Law for ten years???? really now......
Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:29 pm 
Mellow D
F L I N T O I D

I find the SC's recent decisions baffling, too. Any thinking American who thought that the Constitution was worth something would think that.

The conservatives up in here are getting sooo testy and sweaty. It is so cute when you guys play dumb to stand by your man.
Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:06 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
strattonsigns schreef:
Did he really teach Constitutional Law for ten years???? really now......

Which Constitution? The real one, or his version?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:17 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
strattonsigns
F L I N T O I D

Did you guys attend the Barack Obama School of Deflection or something? Five responses in the entire post gets turned into a discussion about the SC. My point WAS, ahem....Barack has a major pronlem setting priorities if the first thing he's gonna do as President is address abortion rights and further the rights of killing babies.
Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:24 pm 
MikeInGB
F L I N T O I D

quote:
strattonsigns schreef:
Did you guys attend the Barack Obama School of Deflection or something? Five responses in the entire post gets turned into a discussion about the SC. My point WAS, ahem....Barack has a major pronlem setting priorities if the first thing he's gonna do as President is address abortion rights and further the rights of killing babies.

Sounds good to me! There is so much damage left from the Bush administration that you could just close your eyes and throw a dart at a list of problems to fix and you couldn't go wrong.

Staying on topic, the first thing I would do as President (because lets face it, the POTUS can't do too much outside of military affairs without the consent of congress) would be to pull the regular army out of Iraq and tell Baghdad we're done funding their reconstruction. They can pay for it with their oil revenue, which is how it was SUPPOSED to happen from the beginning. Then, I would give the military as much stabilization as possible (except for unforeseen emergencies, of course) so they can recuperate and fill their ranks.

2nd, I would make renewable/clean energy development a matter of national security and unleash the most aggressive R&D project since the dawn of the space program. We have the technology but it needs to be implemented on a wide enough scale to provide dividends without government subsidies.

3rd, (and this would be the most difficult, if not impossible) would be to implement a single-payer system of health insurance to shift the burden off of U.S. companies to provide a sizeable competitive advantage in the global market place.

I'd also remove tax exemptions for churches so they can experience the joy of supporting our country as much as the rest of us.
Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:45 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: