FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Will the therapists have a field day
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I wonder what will happen if once again the Democrats have chosen another loser? Close but sorry Baracko no oval office for you. With the extreme hatred that Baracks supporters have for Bush and Mccain and now of course Palin you gotta wonder just how they will be able to handle another loss if it occurs. A prime example is all the lefties who have bailed out of this forum because facts on their boy were actually brought up. There is no friggin way that the chosen one Obama should not win this with a landslide. Us repubs can barely stomach Mccain and the only breath of life that is offered to us is Sarah Palin so if we lose well that is to be expected. On the other hand the dems have THE candidate of a lifetime a half black articulate "clean Bidens words" far left leaning harvard educated lib lawyer, their dream candidate. He has out spent his opponent 2 to 1 draws massive crowds of fainting swooning bareing their breasts admirers. He has been given a free ride by all the major media with the exception of Fox news and talk radio. All his past has been glossed over and covered up as meaningless his lack of any real accomplishments are brushed aside as racist comments and any hard questions are to be avoided at all costs. His opponent does not confront him at all but merely wants to "Get along". If he does manage to lose and thats very possible since he is in exactly the same place that Algore and Kerry were when they "had it in the bag" I cant wait to hear the crying and moaning about another stolen election and how racist the country is. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:43 pm 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

Two tap, can you remember the last time you had a post that didn't include some sort of slander, or a blanket insult of the character of all Democrats and liberals? I can't. Have you noticed that traffic has slowed quite a bit lately? You've turned into the loud mouth boar at the party who has scared away the other guests. Turn out the lights when you leave, will ya?
Post Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:15 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

McKague can you remember ever having anything good to say about anyone except Obama. Your hatred for Mccain and Palin has clouded your vision. Very Happy Someone has to take you folks on and I guess like Obama I was the chosen one. By the way just what do you find untrue or objectionable about the previous post???? As far as scaring folks away I have noticed that no matter what the occasion Dems dont want to hear any truth about their agendas or their candidates so they run somewhere where only good and rosy things are said about themselves or their chosen ones. But of course continue with their hate speech for the other side. By the way if my side loses I will just laugh it off as another foolish attempt to socialize the country watch obama screw things up and wait for the 2010 congressional elections and the 2012 prez race. Of course if your side loses we can prepare for riots, lawsuits, 4 years of whining, and claims of stolen elections.

Post Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:43 am 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

The only time I had anything negative to say about McCain or Palin it was about their policies or their mistakes. I provide facts, and when I don't have them, I don't cover by throwing out a blanket comment about the character of all Republicans or conservatives. Most of the time some of us spend here is just fact-checking your posts. You might be surprised to know it, but there are actually discussion boards and sites where people of differing opinions on the candidates talk about ISSUES, and disagree without wondering out loud if their opponents need psychiatric help. Flint Talk used to border on that description at times. I know you're angry about the way the election tide is turning away from you, but if it is any consolation, most of the stuff you've pasted and predicted about the Obama administration isn't true. www.snopes.com www.factcheck.org
Post Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:27 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Not angry just amazed that so many can be fooled. Hey while you are snoop checking around snope check all the illegal voter registrations that your boys old place of employment are attempting to get into the system. Pretty desperate acts for someone who is supposed to have it in the bag. Heres hoping this gets pursued right to the source and somebody goes to the slammer. Oh jeez I guess that could be construed as more negative talk. By the way your factcheck outfit lost all credibility when they came up with the "fact" that Barack isn't really anti gun. If their gonna carry the water for him maybe they should change their name to twistedfactcheck.

Post Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:51 am 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

Your point needs two very important points of clarification. First, simply because Barack Obama has done work in the past with ACORN, this doesn't make him responsible for every alleged activity the group does from then on. Secondly, the Justice Department, at the direction of the Bush administration, has given a great deal of attention to alleged voter irregularities, and have found very litte. If anything, some of those collecting registrations, some of whom are being paid per registration, are being accused of faking registrations. Is this a problem? Of course. Are these people trying to change the outcome of elections? No proof of this has been found. In many cases, they are simply motivated by the payments for turning in registration forms. None of these erroneous forms has ever been shown to result in an illegal vote, and none of this activity has ever been connected to any particular candidate. Unless you can show proof otherwise, this is yet another attempt to show guilt by association. Try again.
Post Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:10 am 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

I think I've become pretty good at learning your MO, two tap, so let me try to anticipate your next question. Its not my job to prove that none of these illegitimate registrations have resulted in any illegal votes, but it is the job of the FBI and Justice Department, and they haven't found anything, in spite of the Bush administration's pressure to find something. Clearly, people shouldn't be paid to collect registrations. None of this activity has led to election tampering though, and none of it has anything to do with any candidate.
Post Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:42 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

And of course your MO being deny deny deny is getting pretty worn out.

Looks like somebody be lying here though.
Laughing
CLEVELAND - Two Ohio voters, including Domino's pizza worker Christopher Barkley , claimed yesterday that they were hounded by the community-activist group ACORN to register to vote several times, even though they made it clear they'd already signed up.

Barkley estimated he'd registered to vote "10 to 15" times after canvassers for ACORN, whose political wing has endorsed Barack Obama, relentlessly pursued him and others.

Claims such as his have sparked election officials to probe ACORN.

"I kept getting approached by folks who asked me to register," Barkley said. "They'd ask me if I was registered. I'd say yes, and they'd ask me to do it [register] again.

"Some of them were getting paid to collect names. That was their sob story, and I bought it," he said.

Barkley is one of at least three people who have been subpoenaed by the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections as part of a wider inquiry into possible voter fraud by ACORN. The group seeks to register low-income voters, who skew overwhelmingly Democratic.

"You can tell them you're registered as many times as you want - they do not care," said Lateala Goins, 21, who was subpoenaed.

"They will follow you to the buses, they will follow you home, it does not matter," she told The Post.

She added that she never put down an address on any of the registration forms, just her name.

A third subpoenaed voter, Freddie Johnson, 19, filled out registration cards 72 times over 18 months, officials said.

"It feeds the public perception that there could be [fraud], and that makes the pillars fall down," said local Board of Elections President Jeff Hastings.

Registering under a fake name is illegal. But officials usually catch multiple registrations and toss them.

The major risk of fraud growing out of mass canvassing involves the possibility of ineligible voters filing absentee ballots, and thus avoiding checks at polling places, said Republican National Committee chief counsel Sean Cairncross.

The subpoenas come as Republicans have ramped up criticism of ACORN. Officials in Nevada raided ACORN's Las Vegas office Tuesday, accusing the group of signing people up multiple times - in some cases under phony names, like those of Dallas Cowboys.

ACORN's Cleveland spokesman, Kris Harsh, said his group collected 100,000 voter-registration cards; only about 50 were questionable, he claimed.

As for workers, "We watch them like a hawk," he said.

jeane.macintosh@nypost.com

EDITORIAL: Vote-Fraud-A-Go-Go

[/url]

Post Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:23 pm 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

I only deny, deny, deny, when you lie, lie, lie! You haven't shown that Barack Obama or any other politician is anywhere near this scandal. Clearly, people should not be paid according to how many registrations they produce, but these fakes are being caught, and the Justice Department prosecutors, try as they might, still haven't found cases where these fake registrations are being used to vote. Like I said, the only motivation seems to be in making extra money, not influencing elections. Blaming the man simply because he once participated in ACORN events is like blaming me for the disappearance of Jimmy Hoffa, just because I drive a truck.
Post Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:57 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

For starters, Obama paid ACORN, which has endorsed him for president, $800,000 to register new voters, payments his campaign failed to accurately report. (They were disguised in his FEC disclosure as payments to a front group called Citizen Services Inc. for “advance work.”) Sounds like he did a bit more than participate. Not influencing elections you gotta be kidding.

This is just classic.
http://michellemalkin.com/2008/10/01/homeless-ohioans-for-obama-registering-in-droves/

Post Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:49 pm 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

I'll have to check real sources (no, Michelle Malkin is not a real source). Even if what you say is true, it is not illegal to register voters. This doesn't make him responsible for the activities of a few individuals. There has still been no cases of these illegal extra registrations being used to vote, just to pad the wallets of a couple registrars. You still haven't connected the dots.
Post Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:07 pm 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

As of right now, I still see no legitimate news sources covering this, but I'll keep checking.
http://www.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&q=obama+acorn+%22Citizen+Services+Inc.%22

So let's recap:

1) Registering voters is not illegal, neither is hiring somebody to register voters, if, in fact, that is what happened.

2) Paying people to register voters per registration form is a bad idea, and probably should be illegal.

3) Under the Bush administration, a great deal of political pressure was placed upon U.S. Attorneys to find voter fraud, and a lot of time and effort was spent investigating groups like ACORN. Although they found a some people filling out fake forms, they couldn't find a conspiracy to change elections, and weren't able to charge anybody with using the fake registrations to vote illegally.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=95489844

In short, you're painting with broad strokes, trying to make a connection between Barack Obama and a group whose actions have not resulted in fraudulent voting.

You, like the hacks in the google news search linked to above, are trying to make a case where there is none, and hoping that their readers don't look too closely at the details.

Now here's your part, where you accuse me of "burying my head in the sand" for not taking you at your word.
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:23 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Michelle Malkin is not a real source

Oh really . Laughing

Post Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:12 pm 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:

quote:
Michelle Malkin is not a real source

Oh really . Laughing

Yes, really
Post Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:18 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Maybe to you she isnt but of course you have your NPR but she definetly puts it to Barack. Laughing

Post Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:15 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: