FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: The selective outrage
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Took a quick break from my fall activity's to post another article that shows the bias of the lib press. Michelle as usual is right on again. Very Happy

The Rage That's Not On Your Front Page
by Michelle Malkin

When a few unruly McCain-Palin supporters show their anger at campaign rallies, it's national news. It's an epidemic of "Weimar-like rage" and "violent escalation of rhetoric," according to New York Times columnist Frank Rich. It's the "re-emergence of the far right as a power in American politics," according to Washington Post columnist E.J. Dionne. It's a mass movement of GOP crowds "gripped by insane rage," according to newly minted Nobel Prize winner Paul Krugman.

Too bad they don't give out global awards for the Blindest Eyes in Punditocracy. We've just hit a trifecta.

Are a few activists on the right getting out of hand? Probably. Between massive ACORN voter fraud, Bill Ayers' and Jeremiah Wright's unrepentant hatred of America, and John McCain's inability to nail Barack Obama on his longtime alliances with all of the above, conservatives have plenty to shout about these days.

But a couple of random catcallers do not a mob make. And there's an overflowing abundance of electoral rage on the left that won't make it onto your newspaper's front page.

Last month on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, a small, brave contingent of McCain supporters marched through the streets with campaign signs. They were met by a menacing horde of New Yorkers who displayed their disapproval with a barrage of jeers and vulgar gestures. ("The number of middle fingers in the 'progressive crowd' is directly proportional to the number of Ph.D. degrees in the 10-block radius," one of the witnesses wryly observed.) A YouTube video of the confrontation now has nearly half a million views (www.youtube.com and search "Pro-McCain March in Manhattan"). But don't expect to find it on the nightly news. It doesn't fit the Angry Right narrative.

Neither does the near-riotous reaction of Obama supporters to a McCain-Palin sign in Democrat-dominated Prince George's County, Md. Buried in a back local section, The Washington Post reported this week that "pandemonium" broke loose when an unsuspecting businessman erected a "Country First. McCain/Palin." message on the marquee at his Colony South Hotel & Conference Center.

"Operators of neighborhood e-mail group lists cried foul to their memberships. The NAACP logged calls. Community leaders demanded boycotts of the hotel, a common venue for Democratic events," the little-noticed article reported. A black professor called the sign "a stink bomb in the middle of the living room" of Obama land. The poor hotel manager, Alan Vahabzadeh, surrendered. "I didn't even realize it was going to be like this."

Can't blame him for missing the fiery hint from Portland, Ore. -- where two deranged vandals were arrested after throwing a Molotov cocktail at a McCain yard sign in the middle of the night. Nope, that didn't make it into the columns of Rich, Dionne or Krugman. Doesn't fit the Angry Right narrative.

Speaking of "violent escalation of rhetoric" you never hear about:

Obama supporters in Philadelphia sported "Sarah Palin is a [disgusting vulgarism referring to female genitalia]" T-shirts and yelled, "Let's stone her, old school" over the weekend.

An Internet artist has designated Palin an "M.I.L.P." -- "Mother I'd Like to Punch" -- and published a drawing of a man's fist knocking a tooth out of the Alaska governor's mouth and the glasses off her face. Continued...

"ABORT Palin" graffiti has sprouted on the sidewalks of Seattle, and "Abort Sarah Palin" bumper stickers are spreading in Web stores.

-- Palin-bashing Madonna performs before an audience of thousands, screeching and threatening to "kick her a**."

-- Getty Images publishes a photo of a man pointing a fake gun at the head of a cardboard cutout of Palin on display at the Brooklyn Waterfront Artists Coalition building.

And no one blinks. Not a peep from the Obamedia.

But when Palin simply spotlights Obama's longtime relationship with Weather Underground terrorist Bill "We Didn't Do Enough" Ayers?

"Inciting violence," frets NBC reporter Ron Allen. "Concerned for Sen. Obama's safety," agonizes ABC reporter Terry Moran. "Beyond the pale," cries Obama campaign manager David Plouffe. As if the no-holds-barred Obama campaign has ever had a rhetorical pale to stake.

All the world's a Kabuki stage for the selectively outraged over rage.

Post Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:16 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

You left out the "Sarah Palin is a c**t" t-shirts and the Halloween yard decoration of a cardboard cutout of Obama being chased by a cutout of McCain in klan robes.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:27 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

Michelle is right about one thing, there are definately jerks on both sides, then again we've known that already. What you and she both miss is the real reason her stuff isn't being reported: none of it occured at an Obama rally. For weeks, McCain and Palin have been giving a wink to cries of "terrorist", "bomb Obama" and "Kill him!" AT THEIR OWN RALLIES, RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM! The Secret Service has actually been called out to investigate death threats made against a candidate, AT THE RALLY OF THE OPPOSING CANDIDATE! This is unprecedented, and if you guys can't see why this is more news worthy, than I would suggest that you have just forfeited your right to accuse anybody else of "keeping your head in the sand", because you've got some sand in your own ears right now.
Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:09 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Better check the news. The Secret Service has found no one that can corroborate the story.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:41 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Maybe the SS should check with Kevin he seems to have the answers. Laughing

Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:53 am 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Better check the news. The Secret Service has found no one that can corroborate the story.

They caught it on tape. 13 seconds. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoY6-ZTqIAY
Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:57 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Spitting??? ya dont suppose shes HIV positive do ya? Another classy Obama nut.

Link

And of course this hey McKague I guess Michelle was right and once again you were wrong.

Link

Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:30 am 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:

And of course this hey McKague I guess Michelle was right and once again you were wrong

How?

How are random acts by some jerks on par with death threats made against Barack Obama, as well as racist taunts that were made against Barack Obama right under John McCain and Sarah Palin's noses, at one of their rallies?

One is news worthy, hateful acts performed under the watchful and approving eyes of McCain and Palin, and the others are just jerks acting out on their own, and not news worthy.

If Michelle's examples had occured anywhere near an Obama rally, I guarantee you it wouldn't have taken him weeks to finally put a stop to it. McCain and Palin milked the acts at their rallies for political gain.

I know you have a little crush on this Michelle woman, but you've really got no case here.
Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:20 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
I know you have a little crush on this Michelle woman

You Do???? Well you may have a point after taking a good look at the other side.

Compared to.

Very Happy

Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:56 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Adam Ford schreef:
quote:
Dave Starr schreef:

Again, the Secret Service could not find anyone that heard it.

Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:38 pm 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
quote:
Adam Ford schreef:
quote:
Dave Starr schreef:

Again, the Secret Service could not find anyone that heard it.

Does the Secret Service have high-speed internet? Somebody should send them the You-Tube link.

TwoTap said:

quote:
Maybe the SS should check with Kevin he seems to have the answers. Laughing

I don't have all the answers but I'm pretty sure the Secret Service doesn't like being referred to as "the SS".
Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:50 pm 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

Link
Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:53 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Barack Hussein Obama Well I believe that be the boys name. Hey folks did you just figure out that many in the country aren't as enamored with the Messiah as his supporters. I cant see much difference from what I have heard when referring to the present commander and chief and his VP. And judging by his past pals and record he just might be a closet terrorist.

Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:39 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

And what would we think of McCain if his middle name was Fauntleroy?

Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:46 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

HUH?????Ya mean he could be a closet?? Oh you know. Laughing

Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:50 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: