FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Dayne Starting To Run For Mayor Again...

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

Dear Friends,

At this time last year, we were closing down the campaign after an exceptionally close lose in my bid to become Flint's mayor. My family and I sure want to thank you because you were there during and after the campaign. I have vivid memories of the final moments we were together at UAW Local 599 that night when we knew we had been stopped just short of victory. I vowed that the fight for Flint's future would continue--and it has in lots of good ways.

Surprisingly though, the next election round may upon us sooner than expected. A successful petition drive gathered over 15,000 signatures and has placed a recall against the incumbent on the February 2009 ballot. If he is forced out, then the next election will start the next day in the dead of winter. There are rumors of his resignation before then to avoid responsibility for the millions in overspending and deficit to avoid ...

Because of this, I believe it is my responsibility to get prepared now to run again--whether the opportunity comes through recall, resignation, rematch or a new regular election. While the date is uncertain, my commitment is sure.

What this means is that we have to build a strong foundation now because we may not have the luxury of time later. I will also need to spend all of the short time that is available in a special election out talking to voters all across the city. So I am asking for your financial support now. Will you please make a contribution to my next campaign fund?

I believe that we can do this together. Times are tough, and they are especially hard on families in Flint who simply want to be safe in their homes and see their children have a chance in life. All those kids I have met in Flint's neighborhoods, churches, and schools, they deserve a change at city hall. Click here to make a contribution by credit card.

You may also send checks to Friends of Dayne Walling, PO Box 937, Flint, MI 48501.

I will keep you updated on the latest developments. Thank you again for your tremendous support and efforts on my behalf.

Sincerely,

P.S. By Michigan law, each individual can contribute up to $1,000 per election cycle. A new cycle started the day after the election in 2007 and goes through the next election--whenever it takes place. It is a fresh start. Please contribute as much as you can today.
Post Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:06 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

If Dayne Walling wants to run for Mayor then he should pay for it himself.

Post Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:34 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: