FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Health Care Reform

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

The Obama Transition Team has asked for us to play an active role in healthcare reform. He has asked that citizens have house parties between now and the end of the year to help shape health care legislation in the next Congress.

Healthcare-NOW of Genesee County will be holding two "House Parties" to discuss what healthcare reform should look like......

Saturday December 27th - 10:30am - 12:00 - Berston Field House - 3300 N Saginaw St Flint MI

Monday, December 29th - 7:00pm - 8:30pm - Unitarian Universalist Church - 2474 S Ballenger Hwy Flint MI

www.healthcare-now.org

http://change.gov/page/s/hcdiscussion

http://www.hr676.org/
Post Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:05 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I want the same coverage members of congress have, with the same premiums they pay. Everything covered, no co pays or deductibles, no increase in taxes to pay for it. Good enough for them, good enough for us.
Failing that, everyone, regardless of income of "status" must have the same coverage, NO exceptions.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:48 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

Dave...check out Conyer's bill... HR676 - basically an expansion of Medicare... no co-pays - no deductibles... everything covered...vision - medical - dental - prescriptions. There is an increase in payroll taxes to pay for it... but that is offset by no longer paying deductibles and co-pays..... for example... at my company... those that take health insurance have to pay 25% of the bill.... on a family plan of $800.00 a month - that amounts to $200.00 out of pocket just to have the insurance... then you have the co-pays and deductibles....

Private insurance companies take 31% of every dollar for admin costs... Medicare does the same for 4%. If there is one entity paying the bill there is greater leverage to negotiate prices that are reasonable for things like drug costs....

Healtcare costs will bankrupt this Country.

The City of Flint for example... before 1 service is rendered to the people... nearly 30% of the budget goes towards healtcare and retirement costs.... It's out of control.... and something needs to change.
Post Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:01 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

There's been a change in location for the Saturday meeting.....

Mt. Calvary Baptist Church on Saginaw St instead of Berston..... Same time.
Post Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:03 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
PNHP Resources for House Parties

Below are various resources that you can use for hosting or participating in the "Health Care Community Discussions" sponsored by the Obama Transition Team from Dec. 15-31. You are also free to draw upon other materials on our web site, of course.

PNHP's Suggestions for Participants in Obama/Biden Transition Team Health Care Community Discussions (Printable PDF)

Talking Points" Why the mandate plans won't work, and why single-payer "Medicare for All" is what we need (Printable PDF | Web)

PNHP Comment on the Obama-Biden Health Care Community Discussions

There are many other resources on their website:
http://www.pnhp.org/change/

I hope anyone who goes to the community meetings will take the time to read through these references.
Post Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:30 am 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

With the way the jobs are going we can just wait and soon everyone will be on Medicaid .
Post Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:00 am 
terrybankert
F L I N T O I D

IS THIS PROGRAM STILL TONITE AT THE MONDAY LOCATION BELOW?

The Obama Transition Team has asked for us to play an active role in healthcare reform. He has asked that citizens have house parties between now and the end of the year to help shape health care legislation in the next Congress.

Healthcare-NOW of Genesee County will be holding two "House Parties" to discuss what healthcare reform should look like......

Saturday December 27th - 10:30am - 12:00 - Berston Field House - 3300 N Saginaw St Flint MI

Monday, December 29th - 7:00pm - 8:30pm - Unitarian Universalist Church - 2474 S Ballenger Hwy Flint MI

Post Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:09 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

Yes ... the program is still tonight.....

quote:
terrybankert schreef:
IS THIS PROGRAM STILL TONITE AT THE MONDAY LOCATION BELOW?

Post Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:56 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: