FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: congratulations potus clinton

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
back again
F L I N T O I D

great job with kim jung ill and retrieving the hostages!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

2tap's somewhere crying like a baby!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:47 am 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

Hostage - a: a person held by one party in a conflict as a pledge pending the fulfillment of an agreement b: a person taken by force to secure the taker's demands.

From everything I read, they were not hostages, they were prisoners charged with illegally entering N. Korea.

If they were "hostages" and not prisoners charged with a crime, I wonder what Kim Jong Il's demands were for their release. Perhaps more humanitarian aid to be diverted to his nuke program ?

Theres a BIG difference between a hostage, and a prisoner.

Post Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:12 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

So if they really were our CIA spies held as prisoners for illegal spying that's would have been ok with you?

I am curious what the deal was. I'm guessing Obama will be spreading some of our wealth over to North Korea like Bush helped spread it around the world while we go bankrupt.
Post Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:40 am 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

How did my post in anyway suggest that it would have been OK with me if they were held as prisoners ? I was pointing out the fact that these ladies were being held as prisoners, not hostages. Don't put words in my mouth Adam.

Post Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:13 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

oh come now gentlemen. american administrations have ALL contributed to n.korean fantasys right? would the both of you have liked them to have remained captives ?

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:29 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

I was just clarifying where you were going with the semantics.

I'm glad they're freed. I think we should focus more on America and less on North and South Korea and the Middle East.
Post Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:31 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

is that so? do you have any thoughts on the remaining vietnam pows? Cool

P.Y.
Post Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:45 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

I'm not an expert but I've heard some of the ones who gave and had some valuable information may have been transferred to the USSR and then interrogated and eventually executed.

I've also heard "songbird" has worked to keep some records sealed.

Link
Post Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:12 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

theres a book called "An enormous crime". a year or so old. tells of actual live sightings well into the early 2000s... both mccain and kerry squashed the investigation. supposedly the cost was too expensive.... and yeah, i'm aware of mccains "confession" during his tenure at the hanoi hilton.

P.Y.
Post Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:30 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: