FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Fire at Spectacle Productions; benefit Sat. 12/27/08 4PM

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Just learned about the fire at the home of Paul Herring and Spectacle Productions on ABC-12 6 o'clock news today. Paul's wife is in the hospital. According to the reporter, a benefit is to be held at Good Beans Café on Sat., Dec. 27, 2008 at 4 p.m. I'd like to know where to tell others to send contributions. Besides other shows, Paul produces the city council meetings we watch on Comcast cable channel 17. Let's show him our support.
--------------------------------------------------------

Despite fire that destroyed home, show goes on for Flint man who produces cable shows
by Shannon Murphy | The Flint Journal
Wednesday December 24, 2008, 10:33 AM

Photo by Ryan Garza | The Flint Journal
Paul Herring Sr., the owner of Spectacle Productions, sits in his car after going through his house on Mason Street in Flint with his sons to salvage their belongings after a fire Tuesday destroyed their 165 year-old home.

FLINT, Michigan -- For Paul Herring Sr., the show must go on.

Despite the fact that a Tuesday fire heavily damaged his Mason Street home.

And destroyed all the equipment he uses to produce several cable access shows through his company, Spectacle Productions.

"I'll beg and borrow until I can get back on my feet," he said Wednesday morning.

The fire started about 11:30 p.m. Tuesday and Herring believes a kerosene heater used to heat water pipes in a back stairwell exploded.

Herring has a little bit of time before he needs to start filming new shows and taping new Flint City Council meetings for Comcast Cable access. Right now, reruns are running of last year's Kwanzaa special that he produced.

And recently taped shows already have been sent to Comcast studios for airing.

"We'll figure out a way to make things work," he said. "It will probably be rag tag for a minute."
---
Source:
http://www.mlive.com/flintjournal/index.ssf/2008/12/despite_fire_that_destroyed_ho.html
Post Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:57 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I live right down the street from Paul and was there the night of the fire. It was terrible to see such good people put out on the street! Paul & his family does a tremendous amount of good for this community!

Post Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:35 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: