FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: The cops are on the way.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Just a quick reminder that Obama is strictly against anyone defending themselves with a firearm even in their own home.

Voted AGAINST a law in IL that would protect home owners who use firearms to stop a home invasion!!!! Obama wants law abiding people in prison, to protect crack heads that break into people's homes!!!

If this lady had lived in Chicago she would now be dead.

Link

[/url]

Post Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:57 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Better to be judged by 12 that carried by 6.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:10 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
back again
F L I N T O I D

man oh man. talk about paranoid. Cool
Post Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:02 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Welcome to Flint Michigan!!! Smile

Post Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:09 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

quote:
back again schreef:
man oh man. talk about paranoid. Cool

Perhaps if we would have more "paranoid" residents in Flint we would have less gang bangers roamig around.
Post Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:06 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
man oh man. talk about paranoid.

Ya your probaby right LT I mean hell if the lady in the video had just trusted in her fellow man he would still be alive and of course she would be dead. Happy ending. Rolling Eyes

Post Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:48 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

ha ha ha ha ha.....so fearful and afraid......

buy another gun Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:11 pm 
seek4truth
F L I N T O I D

backagain,

Do you have any personal experience with this issue? I just want to be clear I am not attacking you. I was just wondering.

I do have some experience with this issue. As a police officer in Flint I have seen more violent crimes then I can count. I personally feel that every single law abiding citizen, who is willing to use a gun, should carry one. I can't recall one criminal that I arrested for B&E that didn't confess to multiple prior B&E's they commited. I have seen people raped and murdered in there homes while they were just trying to sleep. Do you think the criminal will stop there? I hope so... hopefully the police get him. Lets be honest though, the police dept. numbers are rapidly decreasing. The crimes that are occuring aren't though. We'll save that topic for another post.

I have seen good law abiding citizens save lifes. They did this by being paranoid, and owning a gun. I would also like to point out that every gun I have recovered, so far, that was used in a crime, was an illegally owned firearm.

The "Castle Defense" is needed. I have seen what happens when citizens don't arm themselves. The B&E in this city are out of control, this includes Home Invasions.

I will chose to exercise my rights and continue to carry my firearm, paranoid or not. Hopefully one day I won't have to, but the way this city is going I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Post Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:49 am 
seek4truth
F L I N T O I D

I think that the people on this forum who don't agree with the Castle Defense should listen to the "Husband Shoots Burgalur During 9-1-1 Call", on the above link. I would like to point out the fact on how loud the female was on the phone. At one point she even yells at her husband. The criminal in the house would be able hear this noise. The criminal chose to stay in the house. He could have fled out of the door he came into. Why is this, if he was just stealing from them I imagine he would have ran. How could a 84 year old, a 71 year old, and a 62 year old person defend themselves against a young male? Most home invasions are done by young males. The husband even states that he just shot "him". I wonder what would have happened if they weren't armed. I'm glad I don't know.

Now lets take in the time delay in Flint for the police. This summer it was 3-5 hours. What could the criminal do in 3-5 hours? Even if we had a 3-5 minute time delay, like we should if we stop laying off cops, alot can happen. *I had to put that in there.*

Post Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:07 am 
seek4truth
F L I N T O I D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ytn8uplERY
Just in case.

Post Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:17 am 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

Here in Tennessee, the castle doctrine also applies to your car. Good deterent to make the thugs think twice about carjacking.

Post Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:48 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

In Mi the castle doctrine applys to anywhere you have a legal right to be including your automobile. This is my wifes car gun except in SS steel loaded with 000 buck. Any bangers that try hijacking her are in for the surprise of their miserable lives. Of course all of you who claim a firearm is not needed well thats your choice you live or die with it.
By the way heres some interesting stats for LT or backagain to consider.

World: North America
Nevada is the most violent state
The fastest growing economy in the US also has a burgeoning crime rate: Nevada marks its third consecutive year as the most violent state in the Union, according Morgan Quitno Press.
Thursday, March 22, 2007By Spero News

According to a study released March 22 by Morgan Quitno Press, Nevada was named the nation’s most dangerous state. This marks the third consecutive year that the Silver State has earned this designation

Post Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:36 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

"She got Da Judge, she got Da Judge" Laughing Laughing

How's the recoil on it?

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:33 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

About like a 4 inch steel mod 19 smith 357 but less muzzle blast and those "Ribber" grips help to soften it. My wife handles it well and at 7 yards it puts the buckshot into a 6" circle at point of aim. Not my choice of weapon but she loves it, Of course it will also shoot 45lc as well as birdshot. They now have a 3" model that hold 2 more 00 pellets but I would imagine the recoil might be a bit much for her. I am sure at carjackin distances it would ruin a perps day and than some. Shocked

Post Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:59 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Kind of looking for something for my wife. The only handgun she's shot is a 45, & she doesn't like the recoil. I told her that if she really needs it, she won't feel any recoil at all.

Post Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:38 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: