FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Just Hours Away ...a note from Michael Moore
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Just Hours Away ...a note from Michael Moore

Tuesday, January 20th, 2009

Friends,

This happy, happy day!

We have made it through the Dark Ages and here we are, in one of the most redemptive moments history has ever witnessed. Barack Obama is our best hope to get it right, to heal our national soul, to reach out to the rest of the world with an olive branch instead of shocking brutality.

I want to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you who has worked to make this day happen. For many, the madness goes back, not eight years but twenty-eight years, to the tragic day Reagan was sworn in to dismantle our precious "government of the people" and our beloved way of life.

To all of you who have spoken up and spoken out, who have written letters and marched for peace, for all of you who never gave up, you are the true heroes today. Many of you have suffered great economic losses. Some of you have endured a loved one being shipped overseas to senseless and shameful wars, and thousands of you have seen those loved ones returned home, no longer alive. It has been a heartbreaking time.

But the sun comes out at noon today. The disgraced outgoing president will slide out the side door and head to Crawford to sell the Hollywood set known as the Bush "ranch" before he settles down in an exclusive neighborhood in Dallas. I would encourage Mr. Bush to issue one final pardon before noon today -- his own. He had better issue a blanket pardon for all crimes that may have been committed since 2001 by himself, Cheney, Rumsfeld and the whole gang. Serious laws were broken, a war was concocted on a lie, and now, please, justice must be carried out.

So let us move forward and fix the horrible mess we are in. We are fortunate to have a new president who is smart and kind and committed to serving his country. Take a moment today and think about what you can do to join him in helping him do his job. We're all in this together. Our country has been so profoundly wrecked by an administration who decided to mug our constitution and then steal what they can for their Wall Street cronies on the way out the door.

Here is my plea: Let's not leave Barack Obama alone to clean up the mess. As he takes his oath today, please take one yourself -- to work harder than ever to end these wars, create universal health care, save our planet, end poverty, increase knowledge and establish a true government "of, by and for the people" (instead of "of, by and for the lobbyists, the bankers, and the war profiteers").

On a personal note, it's no secret that I have had to suffer an avalanche of hate and attack as I stuck my neck out to simply do my job. Some day I will tell you what the true cost of this has been for me, but not today. Today is a time for celebration and optimism and hope. I'm glad we all lived to see this incredible moment. And I thank each of you for your support of my work and your dedication to our democracy.

12:01pm can't come soon enough! Happy Inauguration Day!

Yours,
Michael Moore
MMFlint@aol.com
MichaelMoore.com

Post Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:08 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Well, he's been President for 2 hours now, and my wallet & gas tank are still empty.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:02 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I read a article the other day where some guy well actually a "climate change expert" said that Obama has to 4 years to 'Save the world' Laughing

Post Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:05 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Come On you guys you need to support our commander in chief.

Post Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:42 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Why sure nothing but praise just like you guys did Bush. Rolling Eyes

Post Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:31 pm 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

Oh the hypocrisy of liberals !!!!

Post Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:21 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Michael Moore Knows Best!

Post Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:41 pm 
ManinthePinStripeSuit
F L I N T O I D

Cool " Toast " to President Obama. This is the start of
a brand new way that we (all races) should think, and
Blacks should learn about respect amoung themselves
Obama Haters, The President will have a hard time
cleaning the s**t that Bush smeared all across the globe,
and with the Adminstration that's behind the President
things will change just give it time.

Post Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:05 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

i, personally have never been more proud of the united states of america than now. america is truly, the greatest nation on earth. it's so nice to be able to say that. thank you all. Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
Post Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:39 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Jeez you sound like Mrs obama. Laughing

Post Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:07 pm 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

America always has been the greatest nation on the earth back again. Tony Blair said it best when he said of the United States, " you can take great measure in a country by looking at how many people want in, and how many want out". How many Americans have you seen who have renounced their citizenship?There are lots who have left their native countries and even risked their lives for the chance to become an American.

I'm not an Obama hater Williams X. Just not ate up with the Obama mania going around.

Post Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:25 am 
ManinthePinStripeSuit
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ponycar schreef:
I'm not an Obama hater Williams X. Just not ate up with the Obama mania going around.

I do understand Ponycar, but the media created Obama mania,
and it served its purpose. Now all we have to do is to redirect our
ways of thinking to a better way, and I am ONE who truly believe
that President Obama will make a differences. Have Faith

Post Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:38 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

ponycar, i'm aware of the immigrants feelings for america. my comment was a personal statement based on over 50 years of the american experience. yes, i now consider americans great. it took quite a lot for the average american to overlook certain differences and whats really great is that the rest of the planet saw the change in search of hope...i am really impressed!! Wink Wink Wink Wink
Post Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:53 pm 
Gop4life
F L I N T O I D

michael moore....isnt he getting sued for using a photo of an american hero who is holding an injured iraqi child as scumbag propaganda. what a bad man.....how is he making his "hometown of Flint, michigan" better again? he just used it to make money.

Post Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:44 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Careful there or you will unleash the wrath of all the sheeple on this forum who find fat Mike to be a hero in there eyes. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:24 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: