FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Can I be chief for a day?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Another new interim police chief. Where do we sign up to be chief for a day?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:17 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
BrokenBadge
F L I N T O I D

What more proof does anyone need as to how vindictive and retaliatory Don Williamson is. Forystek spoke back to Don and now he is a patrol officer. Keahy not only kisses Williamson's ring, but bends over for him too. I don't understand how this continues regularly. Williamson is never culpable for any of his actions. What needs to happen for the State or maybe even the Feds to get involved?

Post Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:05 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

The people are badly in need of an explanation, at the very least.

Is Forystek still a Sergeant?

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:01 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
BrokenBadge
F L I N T O I D

No, Forystek is now an officer in the traffic division

Post Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:23 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

That's totally wrong. I sure hope the Union's on the job.

Yes, folks, the light is now very bright.n I see it clearly.

Post Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:28 pm 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:

Dave... What pushed you over the edge? And what was it that was holding your back?
Post Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:29 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
andi03
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:

What convinced you to come to the dark side...the cookies?
Post Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:30 pm 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

quote:
BrokenBadge schreef:
No, Forystek is now an officer in the traffic division

Was he a Sergeant before? Isn't there some sort of progressive discipline needed before you can be demoted? I realize that these are not normal times... but how is it supposed to work?
Post Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:32 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
BAH836
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:

It is very strange, but I actually feel rather excited that you are finally beginning to see the light. It seems that all the information and debate on this forum and others has finally been able to break through to one of the mayors former supporters. With all of the ridiculous things that have been done in the past, what made you finally see the light?
Post Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:42 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

What turned the light on? Seek4truth's recent posts. They were civil and very well reasoned out. There was no ranting, like several of the posts on the Journal's web page. That, and the latest edition of the City Hall Follies.

Post Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:53 pm 
BAH836
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
What turned the light on? Seek4truth's recent posts. They were civil and very well reasoned out. There was no ranting, like several of the posts on the Journal's web page. That, and the latest edition of the City Hall Follies.

Perhaps those of us who had to deal firsthand with the numerous debacles that the mayor has pulled over the last several years in both the police department and the rest of city didn't need quite as much persuasion as those in the general population. Nevertheless, I am happy that you now see the light.
Post Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:01 pm 
seek4truth
F L I N T O I D

Lets just pretend that the Mayor is making these appointments with the cities best interest at heart. How do you expect a department to run in a productive manner changing the bosses that much. I count four chiefs within 9 months.

With every Chief, comes new memos on department policies. You can't expect an officer to do there job when they have to think about the new rules.

Can you imagine going to your civilian job and having a new boss every 2 months. It is no different in the Police Department. Every boss will have different things they require out of there employees.

Dave Forysteks SGT position was elimanated with the department demotions after he was promoted. The demotions are based on seniority. He didn't have enough time as a SGT to hold his rank.

I thought that once you took the Chief position you stepped out of the union. I didn't think you were allowed back into it. I am surprised that he was able to become an officer again. This is why you don't see to many young chief's in an appointed position. I know this was a big argument with the Inspectors. I imagine that court ruling had something to do with it. I still Forystek turned his back on his brothers and sisters when he took the Deputy Chief position. He didn't obtain the other ranks needed to get that job. He should have refused the position and allowed his fellow co-workers with the right they earned, to test for the position. Thats just my two cents though.

Dave maybe you could talk to some of the people in your block club. I would be interested to see how they feel about the Mayor. I think this was the final straw for alot of people. I'm glad I could help you out. Its official I think we pretty much agree on all politics now Shocked . Shall we discuss religion? Laughing Laughing

Post Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:32 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Back in my working days, I experienced the "boss of the month" club. Not fun.
I'm thinking the meeting of block clubs at the north side ministation on tuesday should be quite interesting. I've talked to a couple people who said their phones are ringing off the hook with "what's going on?" calls.

Post Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:58 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

lawd hab mercy!!!!!!!!!! i was one of those hard-core williamson fans. the more i read the more total confusion i see within... what the hell happened?? is the police department that screwed up??? jesus, those folks are the ones we as citizens have to rely on. i am really boondoggled!
Post Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:31 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Hey Seek4:

It would appear that this earmark is designated for the City of Flint PD, who keeps track of these monies that the Feds earmark for the Flint PD...

http://max.omb.gov/earmarks-public/2008-earmarks/earmark_325682.html
Post Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:58 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: