FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: The Walling for Mayor Campaign is Gearing Up!

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dear Friends,

Effective this Sunday night, Don Williamson has resigned as mayor of Flint and there will be a vacancy in the mayor's office in Flint. On Monday morning, the doors of the campaign office will open and we will again start working for change.

Here we are, on the verge of a great endeavor again. There are a number of steps in the process, including collecting petition signatures to get on the ballot, and then running in a primary and a general election on a compressed timeline. We will report on the details next week of what we will be doing at each step of the journey.

I hope I can count on you to be with me again. We need to get our office setup, stock the shelves with supplies, and purchase print materials. Please make a contribution through paypal by visiting our updated website

I just have to tell you how incredibly excited I am about this fresh start for Flint. We now have another chance to lead Flint in a new direction and make real positive change for all of Flint's families and children.

My immediate goal is to raise $10,000 in the next 10 days so that our team has everything they need to get going full force on a citywide scale. You can make a contribution online with a credit card.

As always, thank you for your friendship and support. I'll keep you updated as we move forward in the coming days and weeks.

Sincerely,
Dayne Walling Signature

P.S. You can also send a check to: Friends of Dayne Walling, PO Box 937, Flint, MI 48501.

P.S.S. By Michigan law, each individual can contribute up to $1,000 per election cycle. A new cycle started the day after the election in 2007. Please contribute as much as you can today.

Post Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:03 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

Here we go again, begging for monies from the people.
Post Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:32 pm 
BrokenBadge
F L I N T O I D

Does anyone have a list of names of people that might be running? I know it might be a little premature, but I was just wondering.

Post Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:35 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
LakeWoman50 schreef:

Maybe his wife doesn't make enough to support the family and a campaign.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:41 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
BrokenBadge schreef:
Does anyone have a list of names of people that might be running? I know it might be a little premature, but I was just wondering.

Alex Harris?
2/3 of the council members

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:43 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
quote:
BrokenBadge schreef:

Alex Harris?
2/3 of the council members

I hope Sandy runs.
Post Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:23 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
quote:
LakeWoman50 schreef:
Maybe his wife doesn't make enough to support the family and a campaign.
What has he been doing since the last election? Community (Flint) Activities? Employment? Earnings?
Post Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:38 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Heard that Neely will run for mayor & if he loses in the May primary he'll run in August for his council seat.

Haven't heard if Mike Vance or Chuckie plan on running.

Post Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:35 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
BrokenBadge schreef:

Right now it's looking like Greg Eason and DW. Maybe Neely maybe Buchanan. I wouldn't be surprised to see David Davenport on the ballot once again.
Post Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:38 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

the only serious candidates i see out of that bunch are walling and eason..

eason should e-mail me....i have wallings address. either one of those 2 would be a tremendous asset to flint. Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
Post Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:33 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: