FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Tell me this is a JOKE! The Don Wants $500,000???

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

I can not believe this!! It has to be a joke!

According to the Flint Journal Don Williamson wants back pay: Former mayor shunned his salary in office but now wants $500,000.

Don Williamson has already received $115,000 in 401k benefits from the city of Flint. Now he wants the salary that he initially said he did not want.

Williamson said Friday he will donate all of the money he receives from the city to various churches and civic organizations.

"I'm going to help poor people in Flint, whether (critics) want me to or not," Williamson said. "I hope everyone in Flint will do what I'm doing, giving away my salary."

City Councilman Scott Kincaid said former Mayor Don Williamson is not entitled to retirement benefits and wants to get back the $115,000 given to him.

The Flint Journal story:
http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2009/02/don_williamson_wants_back_pay.html#more

Post Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:48 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
seek4truth
F L I N T O I D

The Mayor is just trying to feed his ego. I think he is aware that there is no chance in hell he'll get the money. He just needs to see his name in the paper. I agree with Kincaid, it seems that this whole situation qualifies as fraud. What does his taxes claim. If they are a $1.00 that means he stole the money doesn't it?

Post Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:50 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:
Williamson said Friday he will donate all of the money he receives from the city to various churches and civic organizations.
Has anyone been keeping tally on all the donations he's already made to churches, block clubs, etc., from City funds since he's been in office? Wonder if he claimed them on his income tax returns.... Someone else suggested his W-2 be checked. Good idea! Get the forensic audit, maybe his W-2s will have to be amended.
Post Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:18 pm 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

Every year, there is a line item in the budget for the Mayor's salary. If he decided to spend it on something else, that's on him. He shouldn't be able to go back and get something that he already spent.

Something else of interest from the meeting last night, Sandy Hill says that she tried to put the $500,000.00 in the budget this year so they could pay him the backpay.
Post Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:28 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
back again
F L I N T O I D

i feel deceived. Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
Post Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:12 pm 
rapunzel11
F L I N T O I D

When Boss Hogg was originally running for mayor constituents said ...he only will accept $1.00 pay.

I said you get what you pay for.

Peace,
Rap

Post Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:54 am 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

If he's a muti millionare, that money to charity should come from his heart, not from an already broke city.

Post Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:33 pm 
UncleEffort
F L I N T O I D

Kinda proves some of the stuff that people have been saying about him over the years. On top of being a blowhard the man is liar and a scoundrel.

Post Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:00 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: