FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Obamas boss on illegal immigration.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Pelosi Tells Illegal Immigrants That Work Site Raids are Un-American
The speaker of the House told a group of both legal and illegal immigrants recently that enforcement of immigration laws in the United States is "un-American."

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi recently told a group of both legal and illegal immigrants and their families that enforcement of existing immigration laws, as currently practiced, is "un-American."

The speaker, condemning raids by Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents, referred to the immigrants she was addressing as "very, very patriotic."

"Who in this country would not want to change a policy of kicking in doors in the middle of the night and sending a parent away from their families?" Pelosi told a mostly Hispanic gathering at St. Anthony's Church in San Francisco.

"It must be stopped....What value system is that? I think it's un-American. I think it's un-American."

Pelosi said she was invited to the church by Rep. Luis Gutierrez, D-Ill., as part of his 17-city, cross-country tour called United Families, which he says is intended to put a human face on the immigration debate.

"We think that families are the cornerstone of our society and our nation, and an immigration system should preserve those families, not destroy them," Gutierrez told FOX News Capitol Hill Producer Chad Pergram on Tuesday.

The congressman is collecting petitions that ask President Obama to "stop the immigration raids and deportations that are tearing our marriages, families and children apart." He is expected to present those petitions when Hispanic members of Congress meet with the President Wednesday.

On Saturday night, Pelosi joined Gutierrez before a cheering crowd at St. Anthony's chanting, "Si se puede," or "Yes we can."

Referring to work site enforcement actions by ICE agents, Pelosi said, "We have to have a change in policy and practice and again ... I can't say enough, the raids must end. The raids must end.

"You are special people. You're here on a Saturday night to take responsibility for our country's future. That makes you very, very patriotic."

"I was embarrassed by what she said," said Rick Oltman, with Californians for Population Stabilization, an anti-illegal immigrant group. "Exhorting illegal aliens for taking responsibility for our country's future.... In fact, sitting there in the audience.... I really resented that comment."

"I think it was pandering to the crowd but also insulting to American citizens who consider themselves to be patriotic, who obey the rule of law," said Oltman, who shot a video of the rally.
Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:29 am 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

I am starting to get very upset with the direction this country is headed. I wonder how many other americans feel as I do? Less than 2 months into the current admisistrationa and I am seeing "troubled waters" and the BO's
hands are starting to look dirty. Mad

Pan8
Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:37 am 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

Well it obviously don't take much to be patriotic according to Nazi Pelosi. If they're patriotic, Then what have they done for America. They are here illegally, that makes them criminals. I think we'll see lots of gaffes from this administration over the next 3 years and 10 months.

Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:45 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
pan8 schreef:
I am starting to get very upset with the direction this country is headed. I wonder how many other americans feel as I do? Less than 2 months into the current admisistrationa and I am seeing "troubled waters" and the BO's
hands are starting to look dirty. Mad

Pan8

Are you on welfare or something? If not take a closer look at your paycheck and see how much is confiscated from you or you could even go read some of your local ordinances you may be breaking.

Here maybe this will help you.

Link

Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:02 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

Never been on welfare in my life. Worked since I was 10, retired at 50 and still continue to work 10 years later but not has hard.

Not in SoCal but own a house there and I will tell you this, California is over run with wetbacks to the point I have learned Spanish to get along. Now why would you wonder if I am on welfare? Granted for a number of years I did not pay taxes but I worked outside of the U.S. borders. Not sure what your post is asking?

Pan8
Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:40 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

On welfare what the F--- kinda question is that???
Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:20 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
On welfare what the F--- kinda question is that???

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:29 pm 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

You lost us Adam. I don't see the connection between welfare and pan8s post.

Post Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:15 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ponycar schreef:

He was just starting to get upset. Since we are heading for the cliff at breakneck speed I felt the need to post the educational video.
Post Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:04 am 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Adam schreef:
quote:
Ponycar schreef:

He was just starting to get upset. Since we are heading for the cliff at breakneck speed I felt the need to post the educational video.

Thirteen years ago slick willie declared, "we are ending the era of big government."

I have been upset ever since da slick took office and appointed janet reno as the atorney general.

Pan8
Post Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:13 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
pan8 schreef:

Thirteen years ago slick willie declared, "we are ending the era of big government."

I have been upset ever since da slick took office and appointed janet reno as the atorney general.

Pan8

Republicans seem to have done pretty well under slick although the did screw up the contract. Comparted to now those seem like the good ol days.
Post Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:31 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

Gonna get worse when we go to the new "UN currency" and say good bye to the dollar. Sad

Pan8
out and about
Post Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:52 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

You think they'll skip right to the UN/NWO dollar? I heard the plan was to go to the amero in the interim.

I guess the IMF is already using the "super currency" though.

IMF poised to print billions of dollars in 'global quantitative easing'
Post Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:11 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Adam schreef:
You think they'll skip right to the UN/NWO dollar? I heard the plan was to go to the amero in the interim.

I guess the IMF is already using the "super currency" though.

IMF poised to print billions of dollars in 'global quantitative easing'

The Amero was under El Jefe senor Predsidente Jorge Bush. Guess he thought the Repubs would retain the office. I see the BO more inclined to bow at the alter of the U.N. and as a globalist.

Seems to me if #44 goes that way he may open up a whole new set of problems for himself. Sigh. Sad

Pan8
Post Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:45 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Time to stock up on Zimbabwe dollars?
You can get 175 trillion for 22 bucks on ebay.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:53 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: