FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Misc. Michigan Movie Stuff

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
andi03
F L I N T O I D

There are Internet rumors floating around about some movie production going on in the State of Michigan, which give the legitimate producers, directors and casting companies in our state a bad name.

I am getting tired of people being scammed in this bad economy, it has to end now. Too many times people tend to get the proverbial stars in the eyes and want to make it "big" shall we say. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this, whatsoever. But you have to protect yourselves in the long run.

Advice for women:
1. If you don't want to show "the girls" you don't have to.
2. Be aware of the proverbial "casting couch", it won't help in the long run.
3. Don't pay anyone for the "privilege" of being on the screen, this includes speaking parts or to appear as extras.

Advice for men:
1. If you don't want to show your "nads" you don't have to.
2. Don't know if equal rights apply to the casting couch for men or not, but beware of the "chicks".
3. For the love of God, if you have to ride a motorbike or a car at a high rate of speed make sure that you know who is handling the insurance should something happen.

Parents:
1. Well, I guess that we can state that our children are innocent and we should watch out for them as a manager should you choose this path for your children.
2. Be with your children at the casting call.

IF there is no budget for a movie? All you may be able to expect is a handshake, acopy of the film for your resume, your name on the credits and maybe a lunch supplied, if you are lucky.

IF there is a budget? Check to see if the SAG is involved and see if extras are paid. If there is a budget, you may get fed AND paid.

If you are having bad "vibes" and things don't seem "right" there will be other opportunities. In ANY industry you should NOT pay anyone to find a job. The costs incurred with *looking* for a job in this industry could be: monies doled out for transportation costs to and from the location, photography costs for "headshots" and other miscellaneous items.

If you do get some bad vibes, don't hesitate to do some research at the circuit and district court levels, check sexual offender registries, Michigan Offender Tracking website. Talk to your friends and see if they feel the same thing.

Even though Michigan has a skyrocketing unemployment rate and we need the jobs, we have a right to be informed about the jobs that we do seek. Granted, I don't know squat about the movie industry, but I don't want to see good people getting scammed. We have worked too hard, all of us in this state.

I would love and crave information from people that have movie industry experience to either add or detract from this post for clarification!!
Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:32 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Don't know if equal rights apply to the casting couch for men or not, but beware of the "chicks".

Chicks??? I would be more a fearing the hollywood freaks. Shocked Laughing

Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:29 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: