FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Obama reaches out to pirates.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Obama Reaches Out to 'Moderate' Pirate Community

After maintaining his silence for two days, President Obama will soon make his first public statement about the pirate attack upon an U.S.-flagged vessel off the Horn of Africa. After several inquiries and a few well-placed bribes, Exurban League has received an early transcript of the President's remarks:
Good evening. As you know, early yesterday, Somali-based pirates attacked the Maersk Alabama, a freighter carrying relief supplies to Kenya. While we do not yet know all the details, the Alabama's crew re-took control of the vessel and forced the pirates off the ship.

Since the pirates are still holding the captain, I have sent FBI negotiators to facilitate his safe and speedy release. I assure his friends and family that I will not stop until this man-made disaster is resolved in a peaceful, tolerant and ecologically-sound manner.

Obviously, this incident has raised many concerns among Americans. There have been calls for justice and even violence against the misguided perpetrators. But such an emotional reaction has led to the disparagement of entire groups with which we are unfamiliar. We have seen this throughout history.

For too long, America has been too dismissive of the proud culture and invaluable contributions of the Pirate Community. Whether it is their pioneering work with prosthetics, husbandry of tropical birds or fanciful fashion sense, America owes a deep debt to Pirates.

The past eight years have shown a failure to appreciate the historic role of these noble seafarers. Instead of celebrating their entreprenuerial spirit and seeking to partner with them to meet common challenges, there have been times where America has shown arrogance and been dismissive, even derisive.

Some of us wonder if our current Overseas Contingency Operation would even be needed had the last administration not been so quick to label Pirates as "thieves," "terrorists" and worse. Such swashbucklaphobia can lead to tragic results, as we have seen this week.

To address this issue, I have instructed Vice President Joe Biden to create a cabinet-level Czar of Pirate Outreach and Buccaneer Interrelation. In addition, June 1-7 has been designated as Pirate Awareness Week, during which all federal buildings will fly the Jolly Roger and sponsor sensitivity training. Thankfully, my American Recovery and Reinvestment Act will fund free grog and hard tack for all attendees.

Finally, to all pirates listening to international broadcasts, shortwave services and ship-to-shore radio, let me say this:

Ahoy, me regret arr relationship has set sail in a scurvy manner. Arr people share many mutual 'alues and concerns on t' raging main. Perchance, could ye handsomely release the cap'n o' the ship and I assure that no harm will come t' ye or ye hearties. Let us smite t' reset button and launch our seabond on a new pegleg. Savvy? Godspeed t' ye and t' ye beauties. Aye, me parrot concurs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since its quite obvious that Barry like all libs dosent have a clue how to handle this ill give him this hint. Laughing

[

Or for less dramatic effect.1) Strategically place SEAL sniper on warship or helicopter.

2) Methodically execute each pirate.

3) Grab a bucket of KFC Hot Wings on the way home.

Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:42 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Time for a couple Q-ships.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:30 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
back again
F L I N T O I D

well. i think pan8, 2tap and i should start a company. we will hire ourselves out as protectors (for a fee) to cargo ships entering endangered waters. we will be fully armed at all times. i fugure $100,000.00 each (minus a minor fee to mr.back again) per trip should do it!! Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:24 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Holy moly a great idea from LT bout time. Laughing Laughing

Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:33 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

quote:
back again schreef:
well. i think pan8, 2tap and i should start a company. we will hire ourselves out as protectors (for a fee) to cargo ships entering endangered waters. we will be fully armed at all times. i fugure $100,000.00 each (minus a minor fee to mr.back again) per trip should do it!! Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Back Again, have you had your "Baptism of fire?"

Pan8
Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:09 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

if your referring to what i think your referring to...................my how time flies Cool

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:54 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

quote:
back again schreef:
if your referring to what i think your referring to...................my how time flies Cool

May I ask your age?

Pan8
Post Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:19 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I believe back again is old enough to know better. Laughing

Post Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:59 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Maybe Barry should quit asking Jimmy Carter what to do and give Clint a call??. Laughing
US.

Them.

I know who I would bet on. Laughing

Post Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:09 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

you lost THAT bet 2tap....looks like barry did a great job!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

that ship captain has big kohonas!!!!! Wink Wink Wink

P.Y.
Post Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:02 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Well ya Barry called up Clint. Laughing

Post Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:44 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

the u.s. ain't gonna play that sissy crap. Cool Cool Cool hows that go??

don't tread on these colors? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

P.Y.
Post Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:40 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Good job Barack and the seals and all involved.
Obama twice approved force to rescue hostage

Apr 12 03:11 PM US/Eastern
By JENNIFER LOVEN and PHILIP ELLIOTT
Associated Press Writers Comments (199)

U.S. Captain Freed, 3 Pirates Killed, 1 Captured in Swift Firefight Off African Coast

WASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama twice authorized the military to rescue a U.S. captain held by Somali pirates and whose life appeared to be at risk.
Officials say Obama gave the OK on Friday and Saturday to rescue Capt. Richard Phillips from a lifeboat off the Somali coast. Officials say both times the Pentagon believed Phillips' life was at risk.

The officials spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal deliberations.

Administration officials say Obama was told Sunday of the rescue while he was in the White House residence. Officials also say Obama has phoned Phillips and Phillips' family.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

WASHINGTON (AP)—Administration officials say President Barack Obama approved the military operation that rescued a U.S. captain held hostage by Somali pirates.

The officials say Obama ordered the Defense Department to use military resources to rescue Richard Phillips from a lifeboat off the Somali coast.

The officials discussed this information on the condition of anonymity because they were not yet authorized to disclose the president's decision-making process.

Obama praised the captain for his bravery and courage. The president also said the United States needs help from other countries to deal with the threat of piracy and to hold pirates accountable.

Post Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:43 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

whaaaaaa?????????? 2tap gives props to barry??????????

the sky is falling the sky is fallinggggggggggg!!!!!

P.Y.
Post Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:40 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
Good job Barack

Did hell just freeze over? Maybe he read your posts. Wink
Post Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:53 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >