FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Obamas truth squad

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Wells lets see several days ago baracko said I will not seek prosecution for any suspected torture participants. Fast forward barack gets call from Moveon.org and george soros telling him to get his liberal ass in gear and start doing what he was elected to do. GET BUSH GET CHENEY SCREW NATIONAL SECURITY!!
Obama flipflops once again and here we are.
As per the usual tactic used by Liberals everywhere Baracko has decided to release only info that suits his Get Bush agenda.

Cheney to Obama: Release All CIA Interrogation Memos
By Mark Impomeni
Apr 21st 2009 8:00AM
Filed Under:eBarack Obama, Obama Administration, National Security

Former vice president Dick Cheney, who has become an outspoken critic of the Obama Administration's policies in the war on terrorism, says that President Obama is deliberately manipulating the debate over CIA interrogation methods by selectively releasing memorandums telling only one side of the story. Cheney is challenging Obama to declassify all memos relating to the Bush Administration's enhanced interrogation program, particluarly those that detail the information gathered as a result of using the techniques.

Cheney says that Obama should release the documents so that the public can engage in an "honest debate" over the effectiveness of the program.

"One of the things I find a little bit disturbing about this recent disclosure is [the Administration] put out the legal memos, the memos they got from the Office of Legal Counsel, but they didn't put out the memos that showed the success of the effort.

I haven't talked about it, but I know specifically of reports that I read, that I saw, that lay out what we learned through the interrogation process and what the consequences were for the country. I've now formally asked the CIA to take steps to declassify those memos so we can lay them out there and the American people have a chance to see what we obtained and what we learned and how good the intelligence was."

Cheney's challenge could put the Administration in a difficult position politically. President Obama has said that his aim is to make government more transparent. He has also said that the released memos describe a "dark and painful chapter" in U.S. history. But without information about the effects of the terrorist interrogation program, and the plans that may have been foiled as a result, it remains unknown just how dark and painful that chapter could have been.

Upon releasing the memos, President Obama said that he was not jeopardizing national security by making them public, a matter disputed by his Republican critics. If that is the case, then there can be no dispute that releasing information about the results of the interrogations would also not harm national security. Cheney's call for the release of the full compliment of CIA memos on the interrogations seems designed to pressure Obama on these two points. If the Administration answers, which it almost certainly will, the president will either have to admit that releasing the memos was harmful to national security, or that the interrogation program yielded valuable results that helped prevent attacks against America.

Post Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:03 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:03 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Yup its a laughing matter or sure. Rolling Eyes

Post Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:44 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

cut n paste cut n paste OI VEY cut n paste Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:20 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: