FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Scott E. Martin candidate for Flint Council for the 8th Ward

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

For Immediate Release:

May 11th, 2009

Flint, MI - Scott E. Martin has announced that he is a candidate for City Council for the 8th Ward of the City of Flint, Genesee County.

Martin has extensive managerial experience, and has been employed by Chrysler LLC since 1997. In that capacity, he has managed a variety of projects and departments with multi-million dollar budgets. Currently, he manages a staff of 13 professionals who are responsible for training skilled trades personnel on advance technology in all of Chrysler’s manufacturing facilities. Prior to joining Chrysler, he was an engineer with General Motors in Flint for 14 years. Martin has a BS in Engineering from Oakland University.

In addition to his career, for the past 6 years, Martin has donated his time to mentor high school students in FIRST Robotics, spending on average, 15 hour per week from January through April. Through professional mentorship, FIRST is transforming the world by getting high school students interested in careers in science and engineering.

Martin and his wife, Marjorie Murphy have been married for fifteen years. They have two children, daughter Katie and son Liam. They have resided in the Woodcroft neighborhood for the past 6 years, and within the city of Flint for over 20 years.

“Managing a variety of projects and departments at Chrysler has been a very rewarding experience,” said Martin. “ I’ll bring a combination of experience, leadership and fiscal responsibility with me if I am elected to the council. I truly believe that the 8th Ward of the City of Flint deserves more active and responsive representation in City affairs than it has been receiving, and I am the person best suited to do that.”

When asked what his priorities are, Martin replied “The residents of the 8th ward have expressed frustration at the city going backwards for the past four years. Flint’s problems are well known; budget deficits, increased crime and declining property values. These are tough problems and we need work together to solve them, rather than wasting time and money fighting amongst ourselves. We need to get Flint moving forward again.”

Martin continued “I am motivated to run because my family and I are committed to this city. I am looking forward to the opportunity to use my experience and education to help foster the changes we need.”

Source: Friends of Scott Martin

Post Wed May 13, 2009 2:33 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Ehren Gonzalez has represented the area very well, I am not a resident of his ward but he has helped me with issues in mine. The guy goes above and beyond for not only the 8th ward but the whole city, he deserves to be re-elected.

Post Wed May 13, 2009 4:59 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
rapunzel11
F L I N T O I D

hate to agree with Ryan but...

I spoke with Ehren Gonzales a couple years back about his ability to manage both MCC board (which he is no longer a member of) and City Council seat. He showed me his data base which was very impressive- every constituent that has ever contacted him , if in his ward or others. How he had dealt with every concern, if turned over, to who, and if it was resolved even if it was not in his area.

Very organized!!

RAP

Post Sat May 16, 2009 12:56 am 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

RAP then why agree with him, say you disagree then state the same thing. Its what politicians do all the time. Your on my shit list now Rap. Idea

quote:
rapunzel11 schreef:

I spoke with Ehren Gonzales a couple years back about his ability to manage both MCC board (which he is no longer a member of) and City Council seat. He showed me his data base which was very impressive- every constituent that has ever contacted him , if in his ward or others. How he had dealt with every concern, if turned over, to who, and if it was resolved even if it was not in his area.

Very organized!!

RAP
Post Sat May 16, 2009 7:46 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:
For Immediate Release: ....Martin and his wife, Marjorie Murphy have been married for fifteen years. They have two children, daughter Katie and son Liam. They have resided in the Woodcroft neighborhood for the past 6 years, and within the city of Flint for over 20 years. ....
Source: Friends of Scott Martin
Have never seen Mr. Martin at the West Flint Community Watch meetings. Any relation to the late Larry Murphy, former 8th Ward City Councilman?

Ehren Gonzales attends many of the WFCW meetings and responds to concerns of constituents at the meetings. He also provides email address and cell phone number, and follows up complaints in writing. Ehren has education and experience with budget and finance, a much needed presence on our city council. IMO some of the council members couldn't balance their own checkbook.
Post Sat May 16, 2009 9:49 pm 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

Hey Rap did you join the Ryan Eashoo fan club too?

quote:
rapunzel11 schreef:

Very organized!!

RAP
Post Sun May 17, 2009 2:03 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: