FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: DRAG STRIP MEETING!!!

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

Dear neighbors,

Our neighborhood meeting is Tuesday night at 7 pm, but I hope you also will consider attending an earlier meeting at 6 pm about the drag strip. Councilman Sheldon Neeley has called for a communitywide meeting about whether the drag strip would be a good idea at 6 p.m. Sept. 16 at the Flint Children's Museum at the corner of University Blvd. & Chevrolet Ave.

Although the Flint Journal ran an article that interviewed people who want the drag strip, Neeley -- whose ward includes the drag strip -- said he believes there are far more people against it because of concerns about noise and safety.

My immediate concern includes the noise pollution, which I bet we¢ll be able to hear all the way to our neighborhood. And drag racing is against the city ordinance -- when someone gets hurt and sues the city, that¢ll be us paying for it, isn¢t that right? How exactly are we supposed to benefit from this?

You can read the article and the interesting comments posted at
http://www.mlive.com/flintjournal/index.ssf/2008/09/post_25.html

Our Councilman Jim Ananich will be attending the drag strip meeting and then will come to our meeting after 8 pm (driving within the speed limit!) to talk about the drag strip and other pertinent issues.

Flint Children's Museum
Sept. 16 at 6 p. m.
At the corner of University Blvd. & Chevrolet Ave.
right next to Kettering University

Thanks for caring about our home.
Sherry Hayden
Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:25 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

I may be there. But I will have to race to get there on time.
Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:05 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
andi03
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:
I may be there. But I will have to race to get there on time.

For the love of Job, tell me that wasn't an intentional pun, cause that doesn't sound like you. Smile

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:55 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Very Happy Cool Laughing
Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:59 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Ted,

That is the shortest response I have ever read from you on da board.Smile

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:07 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Is there still a meeting??

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:47 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Florida Officers Battle Drivers in Legal Street Races

If you talk to Anthony Gonzalez, you will realize quickly that there is no talking him into slowing down on the road.

"Adrenaline rush -- the closer I feel to getting killed, the more I love it," Gonzalez said.

The trick is controlling the passion for racing from spilling onto public roadways.

"How fast have you gone?" Local 10's Sasha Andrade asked Gonzalez.

"One-hundred-sixty, 170," he replied.

Police officers are redirecting people like Gonzalez from the street to the County Line Drag Way. The program is called Beat the Heat. Once a month, officers will race anyone over the age of 18 for $25.

"You could bring your mother’s minivan. You can bring a pure racing car. It doesn't matter," said Officer Jose Ayala with the Medley Police Department.

"We're actually getting a lot of kids and adults alike come here and say, 'We used to race in Davie. You probably used to chase us around, and now we're here on the track and we want to race your car,'" said Officer Ron Bradley with the Davie Police.

Officers said they have seen a drastic reduction in illegal street racing since Beat the Heat started in 2007.

"We used to have races in the warehouse district almost every Friday, Saturday night. They've completely stopped," Bradley said.

Racers told Local 10 that they actually prefer the track.

"It's better and it's safer," one racer said.

The next Beat the Heat race is May 23 at 7 p.m. at the County Line Drag Way on Okeechobee Road.
Post Wed May 06, 2009 6:05 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Is this how we do it in Flint?

Link
Post Sun May 31, 2009 10:04 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: