FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: You libs favorite justice has an interesting take.

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Ginsberg gives her rendition of that right that libs can magically make appear in the constitution.

LAW OF THE LAND
Ginsburg: I thought Roe was to rid undesirables
Justice discusses 'growth in populations that we don't want to have too many of'

Posted: July 08, 2009
9:46 pm Eastern

© 2009 WorldNetDaily

In an astonishing admission, U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg says she was under the impression that legalizing abortion with the 1973 Roe. v. Wade case would eliminate undesirable members of the populace, or as she put it "populations that we don't want to have too many of."
Who she talkin bout Willis? Laughing
Can you imagine a conservative having said anything remotely akin to what this dimwit got away with? But hey shes a good Marxist nothing to see here.
Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:36 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Without ME researching into the comment that she made. There is a lot of cynicism about the concept of abortion and eugenics...
Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:39 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Here ya go last page and from the NY times so no reason to believe anything but what they printed.

JUSTICE GINSBURG: Yes, the ruling about that surprised me. [Harris v. McRae — in 1980 the court upheld the Hyde Amendment, which forbids the use of Medicaid for abortions.] Frankly I had thought that at the time Roe was decided, there was concern about population growth and particularly growth in populations that we don’t want to have too many of. So that Roe was going to be then set up for Medicaid funding for abortion. Which some people felt would risk coercing women into having abortions when they didn’t really want them. But when the court decided McRae, the case came out the other way. And then I realized that my perception of it had been altogether wrong.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/12/magazine/12ginsburg-t.html?pagewanted=1
Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:53 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

and you want me to believe no republican "conservative" has ever said anything like that? dude please....................

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:23 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Not and got away with it.
Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:26 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

oh bullshit. theres plenty of quots regarding eugenics credited to good morally upstanding gof-fearing (at least thats what they say) "conservatives". go take a look? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:33 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Supreme court justices??
Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:37 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

i didn't say that but feel free to do some research Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

P.Y.
Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:17 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Dont need to I have Ginsburg.
Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:32 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

typical talking head trick. no research, no balance, just blurt out some idiotic garbage and hope some idiots bite.. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

P.Y.
Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:34 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Jeez LT the NY times did the article and quotes what could be more up front than that?
Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:44 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

well, i've been upset ever since i read ebola was found in pigs!! Shocked

in the phillippines. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

they keep this crap up i'll end up a friggin vegan!!!! Shocked Shocked

P.Y.
Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:59 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: