FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: You can't make stuff like this up...

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
crunchybananas
F L I N T O I D

OK, now I see liberals as slightly off kilter, but that's neither here nor there. They can usually provide a fun debate over drinks and what not. But Liberals (capital L) from California are the worst. I just have to sit there mouth agape when one of these guys (see Pelosi, Waxman, Boxer) opens their mouth.

The latest case in point, Senator Barbara Boxer, during a meeting of the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee, discussing the effects of "climate change" - or more accurately, the green jobs being created in California - with the head of the National Black Chamber of Commerce, Mr. Harry Alford.

Mr. Alford sits there in front of the committee aghast as the chairman (Boxer) cites resolutions and quotations from the NCAAP and 100 Black Men of Atlanta to counter his statistics, studies, and evidence that he is providing to the meeting (presumably - they are only mentioned, not examined in the clip). Finally, after sitting through the insulting insinuation that "these black groups support it, so you should too" (after all, all black folks are the same right?), Mr. Alford unleashes on the chair. Very amusing, and I thought you guys here, both libs and conservatives, would enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FoekBjhtWE

What do y'all think? Condesending at best, slightly racist at worst.
Post Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:59 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: