FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Peace rally followed by arson

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Last night at 9, there was a candle light vigil at the small park at Dupont & Welch about violence. The Journal reported that over 300 people attended. This was triggered by the shooting of the 13 year old girl a few days ago. Shortly after midnight, a fire broke out in a store near the park. Four stores there were destroyed. The fire dept. said it was arson, & word on the street this morning is that it was retaliation for the anti-violence rally. That area is known as a high crime & drug area, and has been described as such by chief Lock at a meeting I attended. That must be why the new officers coming on will all be assigned to the South end.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:17 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

But Dave I thought the Back to the bricks week and the Crim showed that Flint is on the rebound. Those dreamers must be the same folks who think the Dems arent going to be sent packing in 2010. I know you and I both remember Flint when it was a civilized place to live, what a sad state of affairs its in now.

Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:16 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I remember how it was. In some ways, it hasn't changed. I still sit on the front porch, read the paper & listen to the radio, but now the radio is a police scanner & there's a pistol right behind me on the chair. We used to settle personal disputes with knuckles. Saturday, a young guy down the street had a disagreement with someone. The guns came out & bullets flew. At least no innocent bystanders were hit.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:19 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
back again
F L I N T O I D

damn. too many good people ran away.....

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:41 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
The fire dept. said it was arson, & word on the street this morning is that it was retaliation for the anti-violence rally. That area is known as a high crime & drug area, and has been described as such by chief Lock...
There was a young man shot and killed in a parking lot on the 800 block of Welch Blvd shortly after midnight Monday morning, July 6, 2009.

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2009/07/police_seek_murder_suspect_fro.html
Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:23 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Welch Boulevard and its surrounding area was once one of the finest areas of Flint until the Plague spread. I attended Cook school for my first few years of elementary education, walked to and from no problem. Wouldnt venture in there now unarmed on a bet. Rolling Eyes

Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:23 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I'm a bit less than 1/2 mile North of Welch & Chevrolet, so I can hear the shots coming from that area clearly. Our kids went to Civic Park. Remember the Della theater? At Dupont & Grace, where council candidate Bernard Lawler's nephew was shot, there's a large memorial. It includes a big sign that reads: "RIP, Jizz". It's guarded by 2 gang bangers to keep it from being defaced. For a couple days there was a Lawler campaign sign there as well, but someone removed it. Two Tap, picked up a Dan Wesson Bobtailed Commander 2 weeks ago - it is SWEET!

Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:43 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Ill bet thats a nice piece, I have a Kimber CDP 2 chock full of Rem Golden Sabre 185 +ps Very Happy

Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:07 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

2 mags full of Speer 185gr Gold Dots, 2 with Golden Sabres.

Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:14 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: