FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Walling has a driver / bodyguard?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

At the NAACP event today at Hasselbring, Walling showed up with a police officer, Clark Petrie, driving him and acting as a bodyguard. I didn't realize we had so many officers that one could be detailed to driving the mayor around & acting as a bodyguard.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:26 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

The Mayor gets better protection than the tax payers.. lol
See the thing with WALLING is that he is a elitist!
Post Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:36 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

i can't recall any mayors in recent flint history that didn't have protection...hmmmmmmmm. no, i can't.

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:32 pm 
Elias12
F L I N T O I D

I think I remember hearing that Woodrow Stanley had bodyguard (s) during his time in office. I never personally seen this but it was reported to me by several people whom I think were not making things up. Still, why have a bodyguard Dayne, if this all true. I don't have one . And I will hazard a guess I am just as much out there in the public as you are, now that you aren't pressing the flesh. It doesn't send the message I think you want to send Dayne. But this is stupid, I know Dayne won't reply to this forum . He may actually have people out there wanting to do him harm though. Who knows what some really disturbed person has in their mind? Who would have thought someone had it in for John Lennon?

Post Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:46 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

My favorites are all those leftist liberal antigun politicans and world leaders who try to disarm us yet have multiple armed bodyguards 24-7. Hopefully Dayne supports the 2nd ammendment. ???Anyone ever hear his views on gunownership and the success of CPLs??

Post Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:12 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

L Brooks Patterson in Oakland county where it is much safer has one and maybe even an armored car. Is Wallings body guard 24/7? Didn't Williamson have police with him a lot?
Post Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:14 am 
Elias12
F L I N T O I D

I never heard of Dayne's stance on the 2nd Amendment. I guess that is good that it never came up during his campaign . I suspect he is an anti -gun rights person, given his poltical party affliation and his connections to D.C. I could be wrong though;.

Post Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:40 pm 
BAH836
F L I N T O I D

"Didn't Williamson have police with him a lot?"

He did more than have police with him a lot. He formed his own squad which was known as the Citizens Servive Bureau.

"At the NAACP event today at Hasselbring, Walling showed up with a police officer, Clark Petrie, driving him and acting as a bodyguard. I didn't realize we had so many officers that one could be detailed to driving the mayor around & acting as a bodyguard."

I'm going to make the assumption the officer in question, "Clark Petrie," was actually Carl Petrich. Carl Petrich is the president of Flint's African American Police League (AAPL). Walling having the president of Flint's AAPL attend a NAACP event with him is probably an attempt to bolster support in the black community. Also, the last I knew, Petrich was not currently a member of the Community Policing Unit, so his presence is most likely political.
Post Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:45 pm 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

The Mayor gets better protection than the tax payers.. lol
See the thing with WALLING is that he is a elitist!
Post Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:02 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

That sounds racist to me. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:41 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
BAH836 schreef:

I'm going to make the assumption the officer in question, "Clark Petrie," was actually Carl Petrich. Carl Petrich is the president of Flint's African American Police League (AAPL). Walling having the president of Flint's AAPL attend a NAACP event with him is probably an attempt to bolster support in the black community. Also, the last I knew, Petrich was not currently a member of the Community Policing Unit, so his presence is most likely political.

You're probably right. I got it from someone that was at the event who was told that the name was Petrie.

In any event, when police officers are a scarce resource, should the mayor have an officer assigned for his security?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:01 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
back again
F L I N T O I D

have not officers always been assigned security?

i guess the glass will alway be half empty for some.

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:45 pm 
BAH836
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
In any event, when police officers are a scarce resource, should the mayor have an officer assigned for his security?

I'm not sure how to feel about this one. In other cities, the city will require police presence for gatherings such as these, but the organization foots the bill, not the taxpayers. If the officer was acting strictly as the mayor's bodyguard and I was paying for it then I'd probably have a problem with it.
Post Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:27 pm 
BAH836
F L I N T O I D

quote:
back again schreef:
have not officers always been assigned security?

May be true or may not be true, but just because something has always been done doesn't necessarily make it the right choice.
Post Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:30 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

well.......i'd personally prefer my mayor to have security. wouldn't you?

P.Y.
Post Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:58 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: