FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Populist Rage and The Undeserving "Other"
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dan Moilanen
F L I N T O I D

"Who are the Undeserving "others" benefiting from expanded government action?"

http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2009/09/14/resentment/

A really good piece from Salon.com that you all should read.

"I am not a Marxist."
-Karl Marx
Post Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:43 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

DAMN that was good and so true. take 2tap for example. he's said nothing about aig, lehman and others but whines continually about the fruits of capitalism that must be maintained unchecked as it has the last 8 years. sniveling about minorities and illegals instead of the american businesses that manufacture everything overseas because the owners and stockholders can make more money. wow..... an american peasant!!! Laughing Laughing

"from my cold dead hands" oh so feeble!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:38 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Take backagain for example he promises to put on a big bbq party and than leaves the state. Laughing
I dont get the problem the salon writer is having as well as you libs. Your as well as his I presume POTUS and his party are in control of both houses yet they are blaming all their failures and screwups on us conservatives and those who dare speak out against THE ONE. When the Dems get sent packing in 2010 and Barack in 2012 all we will hear for their bumbling ineptness is its those darn conservatives fault. WHINEWHINEWHINE. Heres another well written piece .

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0909/27134.html

Post Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:37 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

shucks 2tap, BA likes money and their ain't none in michigan. being out here i see why. everybody drives toyotas, nissans, kias, hondas, etc. hell i bought a pair of welding gloves and those were make in pakistan!! obama put a huge tariff on tires the other day. there needs to be much much more than that done. unchecked capitalism has decimated america. these people out here see nothing wrong with their purchasing habits. i bought a carrhart cap (you know, american union made?) and that mofo was made in china. yes i believe in capitalism but only to the point of being detrimental to the country. this is crazy!!!! with the new team in washington, things are becoming better and the news reflects that. as it is now, i don't see any republican movement able to take washington. it's gonna take a whole lot more than a bunch of limbaugh believing tea party wackos!! Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:50 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Maybe the reason everybodys driving all those toyotas kias Hondas and such is your dumbass POTUS decided to include those in the AMERICAN taxpayer funded clunkers idea. Rolling Eyes

Post Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:18 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

uhhhh. dude...this started LOOOOOOONG before our president was elected. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

P.Y.
Post Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:43 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
shucks 2tap, BA likes money and their ain't none in michigan.

Even after 8 years of her highness Jennys rule. The crazy thing is their are some who want to continue with her nonsense by electing the male version of her John Cherry. Rolling Eyes What a mistake that would be.

Post Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:46 am 
Dan Moilanen
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:

quote:
shucks 2tap, BA likes money and their ain't none in michigan.

Even after 8 years of her highness Jennys rule. The crazy thing is their are some who want to continue with her nonsense by electing the male version of her John Cherry. Rolling Eyes What a mistake that would be.

Oh yeah, because John Engler did a lot of good for Michigan...

Also, remember that there's been a republican majority in the state senate and house (until 2006) her entire tenure in office that has been continually unwilling to make bipartisan efforts to improve our economy.

They've continually rejected policy that would improve our state, over and over again

So yeah... it's ALL HER FAULT! BOOOOOOOOOO!!!! HISSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

"I am not a Marxist."
-Karl Marx
Post Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:05 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

How about running past us some of those improving MI policys other than the old "Tax Your Way to Prosperity" game that Jenny always put on the table. By the way Engler has been gone for 8 years now. Laughing

Post Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:57 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

ohh, his honor krispie kreme and his henchmen absconded with billions stashed "in his oldsmobile". more than enough to last 20 years. Laughing

damn 2tap. you get caught "foxing" facts damn near every day!! Laughing

P.Y.
Post Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:04 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Hey LT what did you tnink of Selma and her little dance? Razz Razz Laughing

Post Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:49 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

who???????? Shocked

P.Y.
Post Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:18 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I guess you didnt get the email sorry for the confusion. Laughing

Post Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:11 pm 
Dan Moilanen
F L I N T O I D

Yeah, so now Engler is the CEO of the National Association of Manufacturers which works damn hard to make sure that GM workers aren't paid any reasonable amount for their hard work.

Man, John Engler is awesome!

"I am not a Marxist."
-Karl Marx
Post Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:11 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Im still waiting for an example of some great policy initiated by Jenny and scraped by those evil repubs that would have improved Michigans economy.

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:36 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: