FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Do as THE ONE decrees or go to jail.

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Hey you libs just a quick reminder this is what you wished for, well you got it. Rolling Eyes

September 25, 2009
Categories: Senate

Ensign receives handwritten confirmation

This doesn't happen often enough.

Sen. John Ensign (R-Nev.) received a handwritten note Thursday from Joint Committee on Taxation Chief of Staff Tom Barthold confirming the penalty for failing to pay the up to $1,900 fee for not buying health insurance.
Violators could be charged with a misdemeanor and could face up to a year in jail or a $25,000 penalty, Barthold wrote on JCT letterhead. He signed it "Sincerely, Thomas A. Barthold."

The note was a follow-up to Ensign's questioning at the markup.

By Carrie Budoff Brown 11:40 AM

Last edited by twotap on Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:56 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

another moronic half-assed attempt at using a comment out of context to sway unread idiots. you should read before you comment. you make yourself look ignorant.

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:06 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Really maybe you should do some reading before you comment.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-blumer/2009/09/26/writing-under-obamacare-if-you-dont-buy-health-insurance-you-could-go-ja

http://www.thefoxnation.com/health-care/2009/09/08/dem-proposes-3800-fine-failure-get-health-insurance?page=2

[/url]http://tpmcafe.talkingpointsmemo.com/talk/blogs/thepeoplechoose/2009/09/public-option---nope-fines-for.php[url]

[/url]http://health.einnews.com/pr-news/42350-health-insurance-stocks-rise-on-plan-to-fine-americans-who-don-t-buy-insurance-from-unitedhealth-group-healthnet-and-humana-healthcare-industry-today-offers-complete-coverage[url]

Want any more? Laughing 2010-2012

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Sunday shows that 30% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Forty percent (40%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -10 (see trends).

Today is the first time in nearly three weeks that the Approval Index has fallen to negative double digits. Check out our review of last week’s key polls to see “What They Told Us.”

The Presidential Approval Index is calculated by subtracting the number who Strongly Disapprove from the number who Strongly Approve. It is updated daily at 9:30 a.m. Eastern (sign up for free daily e-mail update). Updates also available on Twitter and Facebook.

Overall, 48% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the President's performance. Fifty-one (51%) disapprove.

Scott Rasmussen has recently had three analysis columns published

2010-2012 Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:29 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

jan. 1st. 2011 you'll still be whining. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:25 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: