FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Did they awaken a Sleeping Giant? I sure hope so!

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
ConcernedCitizen
F L I N T O I D

In all my years in Flint, I have never seen this type of reaction to an election. For the last couple of years, there has been more and more talk about how people are fed up with Flint Politics. Or should I say elected crime? The race between Mrs. Waybright and Mr. Lawler seems to have awakened a sleeping Giant in the community. I have friends from the 5th Ward calling me voicing their outrage. I have never had this happen to me. Apparently Mrs. Waybright has spoiled many of the residents in the 5th Ward with her service to them. From the calls I have received, Mr. Lawler had better be prepared to offer the same level of assistance to the residents that they received from Mrs. Waybright. One lady that voted at Doyle Rider told me that Lawler himself told her he did cleanups. She wanted to know where? This women said that "Lawler better be willing to get out there and get his hands dirty cleaning lots." I have heard that some of the block clubs are organizing and are going to demand that Lawler give better service than Mrs. Waybright because his is going to be paid to represent them. It was hinted to me that if he is not providing the service that Mrs. Waybright has, they will organize a recall. Personnally I feel that is a little premature. I think they are justified in expecting a paid position to provide the services that were provided for free, especially when he claimed to be the better candidate.

I have heard numerous complaints from people saying that some of the Lawler people, and even Lawler himself, were telling out and out lies. No basis for these claim. I guess when your record of helping people in the Ward is blank, then your only option is to lie about the opponent.

But that may just be the tip of the iceberg. I have heard rumblings of organizations and individuals coming together to work cooperatively in fighting the corruption in our government. I am still trying to find more details, but am only getting bits and pieces. Wrongdoers, you better lookout; if the bits and peices come together there will be hell to pay. And government agencies that don't enforce the laws, ordinances, etc... You had better be prepared to answer for your nomcompliance.

I have even heard rumors that there were people inside some of the organizations that liked Mrs. Waybright so much, that there may be some whistleblowing. I sure hope that is true. It's about time people start taking down the people who corrupt our government.

The rumblings are amazing. It's like the rumblings before a volcanoe blows its top. I am actually excited to see what happens. I may actually have to stick around Flint a little longer to see the fireworks. I just hope the rumors are true!

If any of you live in the 5th Ward, lets us know what you've heard.
Post Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:05 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I've had a couple calls expressing shock that she lost. Lynne isn't answering the phone & her car isn't in the driveway.

Personal opinion - I think a lot of her supporters were afraid to be seen voting for a white person. Skin color won out over qualifications. I do know that some people expressing support for her at Mount Tabor were cussed out by Lawler supporters.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:30 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
ConcernedCitizen
F L I N T O I D

Dave Starr

I too have heard tales of harrassment, not only it the polls but in the neighborhoods. I hear there may be a formal complaint filed against a particular individual who was at Mt. Tabor.

I do have to disagree with you on one thing. A person can give the appearance of supporting any candidate they want outside the polls. But once they are inside, they can vote for whomever they want. That is the beauty of secret ballots.
Post Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:18 pm 
Domet
F L I N T O I D

quote:
concernedcitizen schreef:
Wrongdoers, you better lookout; if the bits and peices come together there will be hell to pay.

That's of course one of the many problems, eh? The bits and pieces have to actually come together! I think Flint needs to take a second and take stock of the various social movement organizations in the city, consider the lack of inter-community discourse and power, consider some options and start pulling elements together. That's something that is obviously easier said than done, but unless somebody or something starts to pull them together, they aren't likely to do it themselves.

Of course we're also talking about old power structures in the city of Flint and it's always extra difficult to rock such a steady boat. In my own investigations into forming various inner-city organizations, I have met a good amount of resistance from many corners. Some people are afraid, some don't have the time, some just don't care. I kind of hope that this election has "woken" some people up, and I suppose I'll wait and see what brews.

Post Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:27 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

wow, sounds like lawler had better buy some overalls and work gloves!!!

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:33 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Back Again-this will never happen as Lawler doesn't do manual labor. They say he drove around University Park in his car when they did they clean-up. I wonder if he had the beauty queen wave down pat.
Post Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:33 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: