FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Moore from Michael Moore.

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Friends,

Well, it's been a heckuva run for the "movie made on Front Street" and now playing at the State Theatre. Over 7,000 people have come to see it in these three weeks, and it is now our third largest-grossing movie ever since we opened the new State in 2007 ("Juno" and "Slumdog Millionaire" are #1 and #2).

This has brought some much-needed revenue into the State after a slow September. So I'd personally like to say thanks to the people of the area for supporting this movie by making the final week of "Capitalism: A Love Story" free of charge to anyone who wants to see it. In other words, I'll "buy" your ticket and make a donation to the State so that the theater has revenue for the week.

So, if you haven't seen it yet, come on down, the show's on me! Or if you've already seen it but want to see it again (and bring some friends), we'll be happy to see you back!

But mostly I want to open up the State to those of you -- or people you know -- who are perhaps having a harder time making ends meet these days, to give you a chance to get out of the house and have a night at the movies! A lot of people these days have had to cut things like the movies out of their budgets. So, for one week, no one has to worry about that. The doors of the State will be open to anyone and everyone! All are welcome and encouraged to attend a film I think they and you will like.

Also, as a bonus, I'm offering daily screenings (except Saturday) of the movie I made before "Capitalism," the Oscar-nominated "Sicko." It is a very timely film, considering the debate taking place regarding universal health care. If you want to see things about this issue that you simply won't see on the evening news, please come see "Sicko." I truly believe it will rattle your bones!

There will be a $5 donation to see "Sicko," and 100% of the donations will go to the free or sliding scale medical clinics that serve the poor and working poor of Antrim County. There will also be a special 25 cent morning matinee of "Sicko" next Thursday at 10:30 am.

This special 10:30 am Thursday "Sicko" 25 cent matinee is in addition to our regular 25 cent Wednesday 11 am morning matinee, which will be the last in October's "Great Who Dun Its" series, Robert Altman's Gosford Park. And on Monday at 6 pm we're hosting a Silent Movie Night with live accompaniment by Central High School orchestra students. Check out the schedule below.

In case there are a couple of you who might be upset because you have already paid to see "Capitalism: A Love Story" -- and now others will get in to see it for free -- please understand that we're trying to do something nice for those who may be a bit worse off than some of us. And we're always trying to find affordable ways to encourage others to try the State Theatre for the first time. With this film, we're in a position to do these things because the studio has done very well with the film here. So all are welcome this coming week to see it for free. Consider it a celebration of the first Hollywood studio film made entirely here in TC! And let's not make it the last!

Thanks again, everyone, for letting me share my work with you. This particular movie is a very personal one -- it has lots of good humor, some much-needed investigative reporting about "The Crash," and a whole lot of moments that will twist your gut and spin your head. Free kleenex, as always at the State, will be available.

The free shows start this Friday.

With gratitude,
Michael Moore

P.S. This is a movie teens and even pre-teens can and should see, in spite of the misguided ratings system. No one is killed, everyone keeps their clothes on. It was rated R because a man being wrongly evicted from his home calls the bank a name. Seriously, cursing Citibank got us an R! Go figure.

Post Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:13 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
back again
F L I N T O I D

good man michael......good man.. Cool

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:30 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Backagain you ever been to traverse city. Those folks are rich capitalists and dont have to cut back on anything. Why do you suppose mike moved near there. God Mike can con you folks.

Post Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:06 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

yup, been there a few times to rent a cabin and snowmobiles...nice and cozy!! Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:47 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Link

Post Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:27 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: