FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Genesee County "Root Beer Summit"
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Domet
F L I N T O I D

Come one, come all - Tuesday Nov. 17, 2009 @ the Flint Public Library in the Cultural Center from 9:30a until 12:30p.

Being hosted by the City of Flint Human Relations Commission and the Michigan Department of Civil Rights, free root beer for those who come. The topic of conversation will revolve around race relations in Flint and Genesee county with a goal of starting conversation around race, ethnicity and how they take shape in the our little part of the world. Doesn't matter who or what you are, all people from all walks of life are welcome - the intent is to have an honest conversation and increase our understanding of each other as a diverse people in diverse communities.

There will be a short introduction by the mayor and a 15 minute film on diversity in the state of Michigan, then group sessions in which conversations on these topics will start.

Not a hootenanny or anything, but it could be a good time!

Post Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:22 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

free root beer!!!!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

i looooove root beer (a&w next to the jail got me addicted 50 years ago).

sounds like a cool and fun time.... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:33 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

Why the hell would a white person go to this event? So they can be preached at and the minorities have someone to scowl at ? So they can have someone to jump aferwards? that or just to make young white kids hate themselves with all sorts of hateful anti white propaganda. No thanks, preach to your own choir Domet. When the kids got murdered at that park a few years ago ol Stanley didnt say shit about horrible that was, he was angry at the victims, if that incident involved black kids having that done to them by whites the town would have been burnt to a crisp . I now will wait for the limp wrist Domet to say something stupid about how he felt bad and he was outraged BUT that incident was TOTALLY different and we should just forgive and forget and let by gones be by gones, right Domet? BA probably was all gung ho to get the the those guys to those kids off scott free and was pissed they drew some jail time at all , right BA?
Post Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:14 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Domet-Human relations Commisssion is a good group of citizens and Cleora is wise beyond her years. However, remember when FACTER came in with their race relations seminars. My white friends who went were outraged to be labeled racist by virtue of their skin color.
I believe Cleora will not allow the dialogue to disintegrate to such levels as those of FACTER. However the stench caused by FACTER and the race baiting of many black politicians have tainted this effort by the Human Relations Commission. I hope people will come out for Cleora and her group. She is truly a lovely human being and sincere.
Post Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:24 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

wow!!!! a paranoid racist schizophrenic !!!! Pissed,your sick dude. Shocked

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:06 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

sick huh BA, Webs friends were labeled as racist at that thing they went to, let's face it BA I not schizo at all just been around for sometime, and I dont feel guilty for being white, so all your name calling aint going to be any good on me . When we whites are the small part of the population and your lives are stil all crap up who you going to blame then BA? and you all sure arent going to be nice the whites that still exist hell look at tha Bonner Park thing, I never heard one black "leader" here say shit agianst those rapists and murders, so now what you going to say to that old BA? you folks condon violence against whites and nobody says shit because they are scared to, that is the facts. I have been waiting for years for some black person to say how bad that atttack was, and so far I never heard squat, so shove that up your you know what!
Post Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:21 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Wow onemadguy....

Maybe you need to go more than anyone that posts on this board....sheesh...

BackAgain.....would you jump in my crap? Smile Smile
Post Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:23 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

Go where andi03? because I bring up stuff that was shoved under the rug? for bringing up stuff that happened in my own lifetime and not 200 years ago and still beating that drum? For not weeping and wailing and begging forgiveness for stuff I didnt do myself? Sure I will go sometime, but when I am good and ready.This town is never going to change, that much i agree with Dan's last post. We can't change anything in this city because only one group is held to any kind of standard, while the rest are held to none at all.
Post Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:01 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

oh,, mean go to that "Make whitey feel like crap summit" ,,no dice, got guilt dumped on me from 1-12 grades in Flint Schools, had enough of that crap then.
Post Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:06 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

with a smile andi!! Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

and now to address my mental friend. Shocked Shocked

1. "guilty for being white"?? what are you referring to? Shocked Shocked

2. this human who just happens to be brown has a lovely peaceful life. Cool

3. you never heard any black leader say anything about the bonner park savages? well, i remember the incident and my whole neighborhood was appalled and as a matter of fact every human i know black, brown, red, yellow and white was also.

4. black leader??? uhhh can you name a "black leader"? can you name a "white leader"? sorry bucko but the only leader i have is god and god has no color duh!!!!!

pissed, you sound like a miserable person seething with some perceived race-hate sickness....... .is there a psychiatrist in the house!! seriously!!

P.Y.
Post Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:03 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

BA,,wasn't that wacko in Ft Hood a shrink? Most psychologists are nut jobs and that guy in Ft Hood was a pyschiatrist which means he went through medical school and well as studied all that crap you cite as being a cure all and he couldnt help himself. And I didnt hear anything from the black community which seemd like outrage over those kids getting shot and raped. Nothing at all, I do remember Chimpmunk Stanley ( the man has fat cheeks) sputtering rage at the kids for being here, nothing agaisnt the sickos that did that terrible stuff. How would you know what happened anyway? You say you don't even live here ,did you you even live here when this happened? I am not your mental friend,, i am not any sort of friend to you and I dont like your patronizing tone. Not to be pissed off over the events at Ft Hood would mean that someone is screwed up .
Post Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:25 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

look clown . i was born in flint long ago.
i just left in january of 08 soooo... YES I WAS HERE.

OHHH, THATS RIGHT. YOU HAVEN'T ANSWERED THE OTHER QUESTIONS
FROM YOUR QUOTES.

1. black leaders?(you said it, back it up!)

2. white leaders?

oh, now it's not "black leaders", it's the black community?? honestly, that is about the silliest statement you've made the last 15 minutes.

fort hood to bonner park to fort hood again to bonner park to fort hood back to bonner park........oh my!!!!!

patronizing tone???? your the guy spitting venom!!!

P.Y.
Post Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:55 pm 
ConcernedCitizen
F L I N T O I D

Pissedoffguy,

I agree with a lot of things you say, but you are way out there this time. I have to agree that you probably need to go to this thing! Don't get me wrong, I am ashamed to say that I know more racist blacks than racist whites.

I can even cite an example that nationally backs what you are saying. Several years ago in New York a young black girl accused one or more white men on molesting her. Sorry I don't remember the exact details of the assault. What I do remember is Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and Bill Cosby raising Unholy Hell about this race related crime. Yet a few weeks later, the girl recanted her testimony and admitted she had lied and nothing had happened. The three stooges disappeared. I don't care what race, religion, creed, sex or political party you are, if you publicly trash someboday for any reason and then find out that you were wrong, you owe that person or persons an apology. Did that ever happen? NO!

I was a fan of Bill Cosby until that time. I no longer buy his products or go to his concerts. Jesse Jackson only takes up an issue if there is any money or power in it for him. When I saw Jesse Jackson crying at Obama's acceptance speech, my first thought was that he was crying because he wanted to be the first black president. If Rev. M.L. King knew what Jackson was doing in his name, he would roll over in his grave. And Al Sharpton is a disgrace to the position of Reverend. That man lives to stir up trouble, even where none originally existed. These are idiots that I feel are true racists. If they spent as much time in the community helping people as they do trying to find an issue so they can horn in and get press time, they might actually do some good.

Yes Pissed, there are racist blacks, but most are not. I have white friends, and some are even closer than some of my black friends. But it has nothing to do with thier color, just what is in thier hearts. When you learn to look at people that way, you won't be so angry.
Post Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:06 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

i'd have to respectfully disagree with a portion of your statement.

what exactly does "nationally backs what you say" mean?

was there a poll i wasn't aware of that stated the majority of african americans felt the police were guilty?

or are you saying "nationally" because of the presence of sharpton, jackson and cosby that was covered nationally by media?

the three evidently never apologised. how does that lack of respect become the fault and responsibility of a race? it doesn't!

black people do stupid things, white people do stupid things but in no way should any stupid act be considered the wishes of any same group. people are different.

P.Y.
Post Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:20 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

quote:
1pissedoffguy schreef:
Go where andi03? because I bring up stuff that was shoved under the rug? for bringing up stuff that happened in my own lifetime and not 200 years ago and still beating that drum? For not weeping and wailing and begging forgiveness for stuff I didnt do myself? Sure I will go sometime, but when I am good and ready.This town is never going to change, that much i agree with Dan's last post. We can't change anything in this city because only one group is held to any kind of standard, while the rest are held to none at all.

Um, to the gathering...

Nothing is being brushed under the rug this crap happens all of the time, no matter what race you are get off of your high horse.
Post Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:24 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: