FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Walling-what about South Side
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The South Side finds your 100 day report interesting. South Side says since you are taking credit for the new task force(written before you took office) they hope you will address the dismal record for solving murders here. Since 2006 there has been 10 homicides, Lapeer Road, Lippincott, 12th, And Dort with only three solved.
And how about writing another weed and seed grant for the south side. They obviously don't have the connections Salem Housing has.
Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:29 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Lapeer rd, lippincott, dort, atherton used to be a great place to hang out, Royale drivein dort drivein theatre 12th st Varsity carfeteria, sure didnt need any "Weed and Seed" money then jeez what happened ??? Rolling Eyes

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:07 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

betcha don't remember "jumpin jiminy" and the "grand prix" Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:52 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Wanna bet just south of the royal. Laughing

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:52 pm 
BAH836
F L I N T O I D

As of today, the south side task force announced a few weeks ago does not exist and the six new (laid off) officers have not been rehired.
Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:45 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

oh lord. those bums and thugs in the "hotel" at lippincott and dort and down lippincott at center use the early winter to do breakins!!

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:01 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

It wouldnt matter if they had 36 new officers the thugs will continue to do what they do but hey at least they are shooting one another. No great loss there. Like the old saying goes 'shootin aint such a bad thing as long as the right folks get shot"

Post Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:50 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Shooting on Mackin Rd. just East of Chevrolet about 4 this morning. 3 dead, 1 critical.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:12 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

There has been shooting in this area two nights this week. Boys have ben hanging out on the corner of Mackin and Chevrolet on a daily basis. Also lots of grafitti behind the stores there.
Rumors are Haskell may become a detention area for youth violating curfew. Maybe Neeley will finally get his ordinance enforced. Hard to believe with so many cops laid off.
Post Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:35 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Dave, not a word in the journal or perhaps their waiting until they get their usual spot on description of the suspect. You know male 6 ft dark colored hoodie.

Post Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:33 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

But not to worry since the future looks bright with this on the agenda.
http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2009/11/debate_rages_over_release_of_p.html

Post Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:45 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

web, i think haskell is a great idea!!!! make it hard and scary for the juveniles. kinda like "scared straight". i'm serious!

P.Y.
Post Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:43 pm 
BAH836
F L I N T O I D

There are not enough officers to enforce the existing curfew ordinances and no money to hire babysitters to staff any new detention centers within the city. A detention center wouldn't be a bad idea if there was enough money to fund it.
Post Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:55 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

When are folks going to wake up and start holding those who keep randomly squirting out these little felons and turning them loose on society. You bring em into the world your gonna be responsible for what they become. Same goes for old studly who thinks his goal in life is to impregnate every constantly in heat momma he can find and than walk away and on to the next one. Detention centers for dimwits, hey maybe sheriff Joe could set one up here in MI. Very Happy Green Bologna sandwich anyone?

Post Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:28 am 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

Want to be safe? Move the hell out of Flint and into the cheap suburbs, I just seen a house on my sisters street in Grand Blanc for $33,000
Post Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:38 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: