FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Get em barracuda
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

AP source: Palin book sells big in first week
By HILLEL ITALIE (AP) – 1 day ago

Laughing Laughing NEW YORK — Sarah Palin appears well on her way to becoming a million-selling author.

"Going Rogue" sold 700,000 copies — a number that includes pre-orders — in its first week of release, according to a publishing official close to the former Alaska governor. The official was not authorized to release the sales figure and asked not to be identified.

Palin's memoir came out Nov. 17 with a first printing of 1.5 million copies. On Friday, publisher HarperCollins announced that the printing would be increased to 2.5 million.

Few nonfiction books have debuted so well. In 2004, Bill Clinton's "My Life" sold more than 900,000 copies in its first week.

Post Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:57 am 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

The lib smear campaign has already started. Wonder what kind of lies about her they'll think of now.

Post Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:33 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Whats really funny is all the libtards who hate Sarah think this clown would have made a perfect VP for John FFFing Kerry. Well actually for them he would have. Laughing Laughing You can run breck girl but you cant hide. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:47 pm 
Domet
F L I N T O I D

quote:
ponycar schreef:
The lib smear campaign has already started. Wonder what kind of lies about her they'll think of now.

Be careful to distinguish slander from fact. Palin's book does contain several inaccuracies, and claiming that she is such a saint that can never be correct pushes you into the same "worship" position that some accuse Obama supporters of having.

Will democrats slander her? Oh certainly, almost definately really. Is there an objective analysis which can point out her inaccuracies? Equally as certain. Let's not forget that the point of this book is to allow Palin to position herself in a particular light, and any autobiography isn't going to be 100% accurate or honest, especially with political ambitions on the horizon.

Post Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:04 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Heres a bit of info that is fact .
Sarah Palin is no normal politician, and at the Associated Press, apparently "Going Rogue" is no normal book.

When the former Republican vice presidential candidate and former Alaska governor wrote her autobiography, the AP found a copy before its release date and assigned 11 people to fact check all 432 pages.
"Imagine that," the post read. "11 AP reporters dedicating time and resources to tearing up the book, instead of using the time and resources to 'fact check' what's going on with Sheik Mohammed's trial, Pelosi's health care takeover costs, Hasan's associations, etc. Amazing

Lets see 11 goes into 432 a little less then 40. Jeez I wonder if these AP geniuses could handle 38 or so pages to factcheck each. I also read the same fair and balanced 'news source sent a whopping 2 reporters to factcheck Barackos 2000 page healthcare fiasco. Laughing

Post Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:47 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Domet schreef:
quote:
ponycar schreef:

Be careful to distinguish slander from fact. Palin's book does contain several inaccuracies, and claiming that she is such a saint that can never be correct pushes you into the same "worship" position that some accuse Obama supporters of having.

Will democrats slander her? Oh certainly, almost definately really. Is there an objective analysis which can point out her inaccuracies? Equally as certain. Let's not forget that the point of this book is to allow Palin to position herself in a particular light, and any autobiography isn't going to be 100% accurate or honest, especially with political ambitions on the horizon.

AP had 11 people vet her book. How many did they have vetting Obama's, which was written by Bill Ayres, NOT Obama?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:53 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Dave I think you answered your own question. Obama THE ONE his mentor and coming out party host America hater bomber billy ayers,what reason would a lib outfit like AP have to look into those two. Nothing to see there.

Post Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:03 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

palin, wackjobs, birthers, mentals, idiots....what a comedy! Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:03 pm 
Domet
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
AP had 11 people vet her book. How many did they have vetting Obama's, which was written by Bill Ayres, NOT Obama?

I am not suggesting that the process was fair in comparison to other fact checks. However, regardless of the process, it doesn't make facts wrong. Not vetting the Obama book as thoroughly as they have done Palin's may not be fair, but I'm not suggesting right or wrong. I'm simply saying that there is fact and fiction, and a little bit of her "fact" is probably a little bit "fiction." It is important to acknowledge that she is not holier-than-thou, and shouldn't be given a position of sainthood merely because conservatives feel that she is being unfairly targeted.

If anybody wants to demand that Obama be held to the same standards as anybody else, does that somehow mean that Palin should be excused from the same measures of truth? Equality in all things, not just select ones that convenient us.

quote:
twotap schreef:
Sarah Palin is no normal politician

Really? I fail to see the difference between her and any number of "normal" politicians. Since you placed that under the "here's a bit of fact" section, I assume that you have "fact(s)" to back that position up?

Post Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:41 pm 
ConcernedCitizen
F L I N T O I D

Domet,

I think I know what you are trying to say. Liberals vs. Conservatives, Democrats vs. Republican, they all have their jaded views, especially it they are politicians. Both sides need to be vetted equally. Are there things I like about Palin, yes there are. But that does not mean that I will vote for her. Will her book make up my mind, not in the least, especially since I have not intention of reading it.

Should Obama's book have been vetted as thoroughly as Palins? Yes it should. This shows the media's bias.

What really need to happen is that the media vet important documents like the healthcare bill, the bailout that still has created next to nothing as far as jobs. These are just a few issue out of many.

I don't care what side of an issue you are on, the facts need to be investigated on their own merits! Don't be afraid to go after your favorite politician if they are doing wrong. Get past childish hero worship! Our country works more effectively when government and politicians are held accountable.
Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:09 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
ConcernedCitizen schreef:
What really need to happen is that the media vet important documents like the healthcare bill, the bailout that still has created next to nothing as far as jobs. These are just a few issue out of many.

As long as the media is pretty much solely supported by corporate interests I'm sure we will have biased media. It must be nice for a major polluter like GE to not have to worry about pollution reports coming out since it even owns much of the media.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_pUYmddJGk
Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:33 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Sarah Palin is a joke. I listen to her sometimes and ask my friends "what the hell did she just say"? I sincerely hope our country is above selecting a nutcase like Palin.
Even McCain's camp is calling her a Liar!
Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:20 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Just a quick reminder. Laughing Laughing

Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:07 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
Sarah Palin is a joke. I listen to her sometimes and ask my friends "what the hell did she just say"? I sincerely hope our country is above selecting a nutcase like Palin.

Well, Obama got elected, so you never know.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:36 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:

Maybe she could just get a teleprompter.

Link

Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:40 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: