FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Dan Kildee to run for Governor?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

On the Ch12 news, a reporter was talking to Dan Kildee about John Cherry deciding not to run for Governor. The reporter asked Dan if he was considering running, & Dan said he wouldn't rule it out.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:15 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Just what we need another career lib democrat politican who knows squat about running a business. Hey dan try getting a real job and quit sucking off the taxpayers.

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:51 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
Just what we need another career lib democrat politican who knows squat about running a business. Hey dan try getting a real job and quit sucking off the taxpayers.

Twotap, you know once someone is elected in this area ( naturally all Democrats) they then are considered to be like royalty. They keep the positions for life and that "entitles" their family to also become holders of office til death due it part them for that office. It's in the Kildee mentality to think they are in power for life, the family wouldn't know what to do with with itself it didn't have power . So expecting Dan to do something else is inconievable. What is the frustrating part is that people in this state say they want to pull out of nosedive they ( the state) has been in yet keep the same people, the same party and the same ideas in power. I just don't understand this desire to allow this impulse for self -destruction that the majority of people seem to desire. And that is what they will get if they don't change who is in power and what these people are doing, this state will be destroyed.
Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:01 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Sort of like the Michigan version of those pain in the ass Kennedys. Laughing

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:06 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

well, i've been around a few years and have never known the man to do anything detrimental to the people he represented. it's certainly not smart, fair nor intelligent to project any dislike you may have for his uncle onto him. in case no one has noticed, every state in america has problems if they at one time were in the industrial belt. a governor ain't gonna change that in a term and none have including republicans. my it's funny how some forget the honorable krispy kremer and how he virtually banckrupted michigan. hell, by the time he left michigan, he and his cash couldn't fit in that oldsmobile.

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:48 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Good thing Kildee works for the government. If Kildee takes your house and profits from it it's called a "land bank". If he didn't work for the government he'd probably go to jail.
Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:39 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Adam-Technically Kildee now works for a foundation in conjunction with the federal government. The goal is to address the Brookings Institute list of the 65 most distressed cities in the industrial rust belt of America and to teach them how to use land banks.

I don't see Kildee running for Governor. I do see him basking in the perception that people believe he is qualified to run. But Back Again is right. Michigans problems are such that they will not be corrected for many years. Both Flint and Genesee County are projecting worsening deficits in the years to come. Watch for severe cuts in services.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:15 am 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

Kildee is a joke and a career politician
Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:49 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: