FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Larry Ford Fired?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Word on the street is Mayor Dayne Walling has Fired Larry Ford and will replace him ( if council approves ) a woman from Kettering University. Word on the street is that the lady from Kettering has no experience running a DDA.

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:14 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Heard that one and a second one too. Second one is that Larry will continue to be second in command (and do all of the grunt work) and the woman will allegedly run the DDA. Boards will change too.

Watch for big changes next week!
Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:30 pm 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

Right on Ryan! Also, word on the street is that the City Council is angery about this and feel its just Dayne trying to get back at all Don Williamson's appointments.

Dayne Walling is out of touch with what this city needs, in fact he is all about putting friends/contributors in positions of power.
Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:35 pm 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

I think thats terrible, I work downtown and own a business. I see Mr. Ford working with all of us to make downtown better. I will be very upset if they get rid of Mr. Ford with some bimbo from Kettering.

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
Heard that one and a second one too. Second one is that Larry will continue to be second in command (and do all of the grunt work) and the woman will allegedly run the DDA. Boards will change too.

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:36 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:

Last edited by Ryan Eashoo on Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:37 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

It will be a war Ryan and not to mention the city council has been talking about suing the mayor for doing things that are unbecoming of a mayor.

( Appointments - Budget )

Untanglingwebs will tell ya.
Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:40 pm 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

I think we should RECALL the mayor, he isn't looking out for the people of Flint. I seen Mayor Williamson visable in the community and actually helping people. When do you see Dayne Walling? Well of course at his fundraisers and ribbon cutting and don't forget tree lightings.
Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:42 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Everyone who has been downtown has seen Larry plow snow, put up tents for festivals and other demanding tasks. He doesn't sit around on his duff and try to look important.

If you notice Walling is all about symbolism. He made a symbolic pact to communicate with FACT, a story that was only covered in the Black newpapers.

Recently he wnted council to sign a "symbolic pact" to cooperate together. Only 4 council have signed so far.

There is a time for symbolism and a time for action. This city is in a financial crisis and it is now time to act. Hiring people we don't have the money for and doing so on the back of public safety will not cut it.

Some in the 8th ward are furious because their streets are collapsing and I'm talking areas near Miller and Parkside. The sewer fund has money to fix this if that is the issue. But a doctor in that areaa has talked recall, so the issue is not resolved.
Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:48 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Sounds like things may get interesting around here.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:19 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
back again
F L I N T O I D

what the hell is going on???? Shocked Shocked

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:57 pm 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

Yes it does Dave, seems like people are already over the Honeymoon phase with this mayor.

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Sounds like things may get interesting around here.
Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:12 pm 
FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

Yes it is true they are getting rid of Larry Ford as CEO and possibly making him the #2 man if he would accept it. The replacement is a lady at Kettering University although some people are worried that city council will balk at getting rid of Larry Ford. Also he will be annoucing some Downtown Development Authority Board appointments this week as well.
Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:30 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Link

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:04 am 
FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

The new CEO will be Caron Wilson, that is if the city council agrees to get rid of another person thats doing a good job. the only reason he is being replaced is that walling wants his puppets on board.
Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:08 am 
FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

One person I talked to who works at city hall said 'Larry is too old for that job, he is on step behind James Rutherford" Is that age discrimination?
Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:10 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: