FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Who is Wallings big time funder Michael Harris?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

Who?

How much did he give?

What does he do?
Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:50 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Untanglingwebs please investigate "Michael Harris" for us. He is pushing this appointment and is a WALLING SUPER FUNDER!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FROM TERRY BANKERTS WEB SITE:

MICHAEL HARRIS?

Several posters on Flint talk have asked about Michael Harris and his involvement with Flint mayor and the new DDA Director selection, if in fact that has or will soon happen. A google search brought up the following. If the person below is the Michael Harris that is involving himself in the affairs of Flint we are all better off.

Kettering University has a legitimate interest in the affairs of Flint and the development of the downtown area. Kettering is one large block away from being a downtown University along with the University of Michigan Flint.

WHO IS HE!

FLINT, Mich. -- Dr. Michael Harris, currently of Ferris State University, will become the new provost and vice president for academic affairs at Kettering University in Flint, the home of the most advanced co-operative education program in the country. Harris will join Kettering on July 9.
Kettering President Stan Liberty said he is pleased that a scholar with Dr. Harris's credentials will join his leadership team. "Kettering University has a legacy of preparing the nation's executive leadership for industry and business.

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G1-163353886.html

Is he?

Kettering President Stan Liberty said he is pleased that a scholar with Dr. Harris's credentials will join his leadership team. "Kettering University has a legacy of preparing the nation's executive leadership for industry and business. With Dr. Harris's guidance, Kettering is also now poised to help Michigan and the country tackle some of the technological and economic redevelopment issues that we face," he added.

Harris said joining a University with the academic and business reputation that Kettering enjoys is a wonderful opportunity for him. "I am delighted to join the University and look forward to getting to know the faculty, staff, students, and stakeholders while learning more about Kettering's internationally respected co-op program. Kettering is an exceptional institution with a unique mission and vision, and a great future," Harris said. "I believe that I bring academic experiences and leadership skills that will blend well with those of President Stan Liberty's as we build on the school's past while addressing its challenges today."

Harris is currently the vice president for Academic Affairs at Ferris State University. At Ferris, he was successful in strengthening the areas of academics, teaching, research, scholarship, retention, assessment, and service.

He received a bachelor's degree in Economics and Business Administration from Bar Ilan University in Israel in 1982, a master's degree master's degree
n.
An academic degree conferred by a college or university upon those who complete at least one year of prescribed study beyond the bachelor's degree.

Noun 1. in Public Policy from Tel Aviv University Tel Aviv University (TAU, אוניברסיטת תל־אביב, את"א) is Israel's largest on-site university. in Israel in 1986, and a Ph.D. in Public Policy from Indiana University Indiana University, main campus at Bloomington; state supported; coeducational; chartered 1820 as a seminary, opened 1824. It became a college in 1828 and a university in 1838. The medical center (run jointly with Purdue Univ. in 1993.

Harris will replace Interim Provost Robert Simpson, who will be returning to the University of Michigan(body, education) University of Michigan - A large cosmopolitan university in the Midwest USA. Over 50000 students are enrolled at the University of Michigan's three campuses. The students come from 50 states and over 100 foreign countries.

Founded in 1919, Kettering University is the former General Motors Institute and is located in Flint, Mich. Kettering is consistently ranked among the nation's finest specialty schools by U.S. News and World Report. Visit www.kettering.edu.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Kettering+University+Names+Dr.+Michael+Harris+as+New+Provost+and+Vice+...-a0163353886

Is he?

Dr. Michael Harris Jr.

-Dr. Michael Harris, provost and vice president of Academic Affairs at Kettering, believes that creating programs and areas of studies like this are crucial to the education of all Kettering students, which can ultimately bring positive impact to our nation's industries.

"We continue to work hard in developing new academic programs that are current and relevant," he said."The creation of entrepreneurship studies and appointment of the McDonald Endowed Chair in Entrepreneurship are in fact part of a larger effort to positively impact the culture and quality of our academic experience," he added.

-"We at Kettering are delighted to receive stimulus funding for electric drive vehicle battery and component manufacturing," said Dr. Michael Harris, Kettering's provost and vice president for Academic Affairs.

-Provost Michael Harris said the funds will be directed to Kettering's Graduate Program, Continuing Education Program, the Department of Business and library resources to support the initiative. "The business requirements of professional engineers are changing in health care, government agencies, advanced manufacturing and even non-profit organizations," Harris explained. "Kettering will be able to provide cutting-edge training for the top echelon of leaders and those who hope to be at the top someday," he added.

-"We at Kettering University are delighted to partner in the Flint Center of Energy Excellence and to contribute to the economic and social well being of the city and the region," said Michael Harris, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs at Kettering University.

-Michael Harris Michael Harris is Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs at Kettering. He specializes in public policy and political economy, and has published three books, including Entrepreneurs and Innovation in State and Local Government (edited with Rhonda Kinney). His fourth book, Leading the Learner-Centered Campus (2009) [co-authored with R, Cullen] is forthcoming. Dr. Harris is a consultant-evaluator for the North Central Association and a certified appraiser for the Academic Quality Improvement Program. He received his PhD in public policy from Indiana University, his master's degree from Tel-Aviv University, and his undergraduate degree from Bar-Ilan University.

-These activities, combined with the international experience of Kettering Provost Dr. Michael Harris, continue to spur and help the Department prepare for future endeavors

-Harris said he will approach the 2007-08 academic year with enthusiasm and balance."I have worked in Michigan for a long time and I am experienced in the state's economic challenges," he said."I know that not enough high school students are pursuing Science, Engineering and Technology career paths, but I also know that Kettering has many experienced and creative faculty members who have ideas to solve that problem.Mix in Kettering's dedicated staff and some of the best students in the country and you can see why I have reasons to be optimistic about our future.We will continue to work hard to maximize each student's potential for success and ensure an environment of academic excellence at Kettering," he added.

Harris comes to Kettering from Ferris State University, where he was the vice president for Academic Affairs.At Ferris, he was successful in strengthening the areas of academics, teaching, research, scholarship, retention, assessment and service.He increased online education, aided progress in assessment efforts and lead Ferris through several successful accreditations.He was the principal investigator for several grants, including $1 million from the Dow Foundation to construct new facilities.

Prior to Ferris, he served as associate provost at Eastern Michigan University, where he implemented programs to decrease course withdrawals, and assisted students with degree completions.Two doctoral programs were established during his tenure.

Harris is active in the higher education community.He is a consultant-evaluator for the North Central Association and a certified appraiser for the Academic Quality Improvement Program.He participated in Harvard University's Institute for Educational Management Program (IEM) and is a graduate of Harvard's Management Development Program.He remains actively engaged in research on public policy and public administration.

He received a bachelor's degree in Economics and Business Administration from Bar Ilan University in Israel in 1982, a master's degree in Public Policy from Tel Aviv University in Israel in 1986, and a Ph.D. in Public Policy from Indiana University in 1993.Harris's areas of specialization include public policy and policy analysis, public management and administration, organizational theory, and government and public budgeting.

Harris replaces Kettering's Interim Provost Robert Simpson, who completed his one-year commitment and has returned to the faculty at the University of Michigan-Dearborn.

http://www.zoominfo.com/people/Harris_Michael_48286845.aspx

Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:03 am

FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

Michael Harris is at the Mayors office often and he has donated lots of time and money to get Walling elected. Favors are owed and Caron will get her new job just as her old one is eliminated.
Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:15 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Interesting video of Harris on CBS

Michael Harris Provost & VP of Academic Affairs ... Provost Harris on Innovation A video of Provost Harris on Innovation. ...
www.kettering.edu/provost/ - Cached
Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:20 pm 
FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

http://www.facebook.com/search/?ref=search&q=Caron%20Wilson&init=quick#/profile.php?v=wall&ref=search&id=53802547
Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:23 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I see your point! mostly male friends who are Kettering students.

Is there a romantic relationship between her and Harris?
Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:21 am 
FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

Rumblings at city hall the last couple days are that they are mad these postings on Flint Talk are hurting them. They will soon be pressuring and calling the owner of this site to have them removed. Stay tuned.
Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:24 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Williamson did the same thing to the Uncommon Sense. Does this move put him in the alleged "Dictator" Williamson model.

Where is the change we were promised?
Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:27 pm 
ConcernedCitizen
F L I N T O I D

If it is true that Walling wants to "hush" this site, that along with all his other broken campaign promises shows that all his campaign promises were nothing more than political rhetoric. I find it amazing that so many of the things for which he bashed Williamson, he is doing in a worse way, which I did not think was possible.

I hope the moderator(s) of this site do not bow to Walling's whims.

PS When do the recall petitions come out? And where can I get some?
Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:11 am 
FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

Something odd is happening on the DDA front, I think they are trying to come up with a compromise. More to come on that soon.

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
Williamson did the same thing to the Uncommon Sense. Does this move put him in the alleged "Dictator" Williamson model.

Where is the change we were promised?
Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:05 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Wilson will be assigned to work under Walling? Laughing

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:03 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Wilson will be assigned to work under Walling? Laughing

Do we see another woman's dress becoming the center focus of a media feeding frenzy?
Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:02 pm 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

Caron loves blue dresses! HA HA HA
Post Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:03 pm 
FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

Well now the War over the next DDA director has intensified. The Flint Chamber of Commerce and Nick Singles/John Carpenter have joined the fight to Save Larry's job!

A new group has been formed on facebook and a call/fax/e mail campaign has started to lobby city council members.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#/pages/Support-Larry-Ford-for-DDA-Director/242279497361
Post Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:27 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: