FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Interim Positions Waling vs. Williamson

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

Lots of talk around city hall about people were so mad at Williamson for these so called "interim" positions. well looks like Walling is doing the same thing he was upset with Williamson for doing.

Josh Freeman and others are very upset by Walling side stepping council.

Unrest is growing at city hall like nothing I have seen in the last 12 years.
Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:53 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I doubt if these interim positions were budgeted for. Josh has a number of "moles" in city hall and he has a sense of what is going on. There are 2 subjects I would never challenge Josh on: the Robert' Rules of Order and the charter. If he doesn't know he will say so on the charter, but watch out when he comes back .He can be a bit like a pit bull and he won't back down.

He also seems to have considerable knowledge about the budget.
Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:13 pm 
FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

http://www.facebook.com/search/?ref=search&q=Caron%20Wilson&init=quick#/profile.php?v=wall&ref=search&id=53802547
Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:23 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Walling needs to read his charter and learn some of the ordiances, especially Chapter 1. Otherwise he will face council wrath and the same type of confrontations Williamson did.

He can't do all of this restructuring and creation without consulting council. Ordinance requires council approval for new appointee job titles and positions. Certain appointees require council approval.

Eason thought he could give any professional services agreement(psa) he wantedwithout council approval. Ordinance gives a dollar amount limit set by council per ordinance and Eason definitely exceeded that amount with the emergency psa he gave Jacqueline Foster.
Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:47 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Walling needs to read his charter and learn some of the ordiances, especially Chapter 1. Otherwise he will face council wrath and the same type of confrontations Williamson did.

He can't do all of this restructuring and creation without consulting council. Ordinance requires council approval for new appointee job titles and positions. Certain appointees require council approval.

Eason thought he could give any professional services agreement(psa) he wantedwithout council approval. Ordinance gives a dollar amount limit set by council per ordinance and Eason definitely exceeded that amount with the emergency psa he gave Jacqueline Foster.
Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:48 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Freeman and Kincaid both are well versed on the charter and the orinances, but for some reason keep quiet.

Could it be there is some backroom deals taking place. You know the kind they always criticized Williamson for.
Post Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:44 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I haven't stayed on top of this to know, why not make us a graph or something!

Post Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:36 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: