FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Downtown Neighborhood Action Program

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

To: Jgeisert@economy.com,Debbiefijilady@aol.com, lfletcherj@aol.com, stuart.forsyth@citizensbanking.com, IBrown@cityofflint.com, doris_thomas@comcast.net, khajek@flintdda.org, lford@flintdda.org, Kittel.robert@gmail.com, lhawkins@healthplus.org, dwhite@kettering.edu, asp877@sbcglobal.net, dfrasier@sfglaw.net

CC: RMatthews@cityofflint.com, ryaneashoo@aol.com

Sent: 2/2/2010 2:15:53 P.M. Eastern Standard Time
Subj: Neighborhood Action Program--Downtown

Dear downtown supporters,

I am writing to outline how our citywide Neighborhood Action process offers an opportunity for a discussion about the future of downtown. I hope you will consider participating. Also, please forward this email on to others who may be interested.

Neighborhood Action is a citywide program designed to engage citizens in defining the future of their own neighborhoods. Following a session in every ward in the fall, we are now doing 3 neighborhood cluster sessions per ward. In the process of scheduling these sessions, it was decided that it did not make sense to chop downtown up into the 3 different wards that have part of downtown's geography. We added a session for the downtown area that is approximately within the following boundaries: I-475 on the east to Fifth Ave on the north to Grand Travese, Kearsley west to Glenwood to Fox to intersect with W. Court, and 1-69 to the south. These boundaries are not hard and fast but are instead an outline of a working area.

Downtown Session for Neighborhood Action
February 10, 2010 at 5:30pm
Flint Public Library Main Branch
1026 E. Kearsley St.

We hope that business owners, students, residents and concerned citizens will all join us for the discussion. Over the course of approximately 2 hours, we will discuss the priorities and goals for downtown and then determine 10 action items for 2010 and additional longer-term items. It is my hope that the longer term items will be able to addressed through the plans and efforts of the many downtown stakeholders.

You are welcome to send any questions about Neighborhood Action to Rhoda Matthews, Citizen Services Director, at rmatthews@cityofflint.com or to me directly for other issues or concerns at dwalling@cityofflint.com

Thanks.
Dayne

Our Flint: Strong and Proud

Dayne Walling
Mayor, City of Flint
City Hall, 1101 S. Saginaw St.
Flint, MI 48502
810-766-7346

mayor@cityofflint.com
www.cityofflint.com

p.s. Flint is the best bargain in the country for your business startup, expansion, or relocation

Post Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:12 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: